Betnovate C Cream 30gm
Betnovate-C cream is a topical medicine. It is used in the management of various skin conditions like dermatitis, psoriasis and eczema. Psoriasis and eczema are skin disorders in which itchy, red ras
es develop on the elbows, knees, scalp and other parts of the body. Dermatitis is a skin condition that occurs when the skin reacts to outside agents like chemicals, cleaning agents, plants and cosmetics, causing the skin to become red and itchy. Betnovate-C cream is a combination medicine containing betamethasone and clioquinol as the active ingredients. Betamethasone is a steroid that helps to reduce the redness and itchiness of the skin. Clioquinol helps to reduce skin infections caused by bacteria and fungus. Use this medicine exactly as prescribed by your doctor. It is meant for external applications only. Do not ingest it. Apply a thin layer of Betnovate-C cream and gently rub in to cover the entire affected area. Do not apply this cream for a prolonged duration on a larger skin area or for more than the prescribed duration. You should keep the affected area clean and avoid touching, scraping or rubbing the affected skin. Before starting treatment with Betnovate-C cream, inform your doctor if you are pregnant, planning a pregnancy or are breastfeeding and about your detailed medical history. Also, inform the doctor about all other topical medicines that you are using.
|You Save||₹8.79 (15% on MRP)|
|Contains||Betamethasone(0.1 %) + Clioquinol / Iodochlorhydroxyquin(3.0 %)|
|Side effects||Skin itching, redness, rashes, pigmentation|
|Therapy||DRUGS FOR PSORIASIS|
Uses of BETNOVATE C CREAM 30GM
- Betnovate-C cream is used to treat various conditions of skin conditions such as in dermatitis, psoriasis and eczema.
- It is also used in skin infections caused due to fungus or bacteria.
Contraindications of BETNOVATE C CREAM 30GM
- If you are allergic to betamethasone, clioquinol, or any other ingredients of this cream.
- If you have any other skin conditions other than for what it has been prescribed, as it could make them worse. It can worsen acne, herpes, chickenpox, or ringworm. It should not be used around the anus or private parts....
- If you have or had an allergy to any creams or ointments.
- If you are pregnant.
Side effects of BETNOVATE C CREAM 30GM
- Burning sensation
- Skin itching
- Skin rashes
- Skin dryness
Precautions and Warnings of BETNOVATE C CREAM 30GM
Other General Warnings
- You develop an allergic reaction after applying this cream.
- You have observed skin thinning, stretch marks or blood vessels visible under your skin.
- You are applying this cream under an airtight dressing, including a child’s nappy ensure to clean the area before each dressing to prevent infections.
- You are applying on a large surface area of skin for a long time, it can cause hormonal issues leading to weight gain, hair loss, skin wrinkling and skin dryness.
- You have any other skin conditions.
- You are applying it on your face.
- Avoid applying this cream near the eyes or on eyelids, as cataracts or glaucoma may result if the cream repeatedly enters the eye.
- Betnovate-C cream should not be used in children under one year of age, do not use it for nappy rash.
Directions for Use of BETNOVATE C CREAM 30GM
- Use Betnovate-C cream as directed by your doctor. For external use only.
- Apply it on a healthy skin surface free from cuts and wounds.
- A thin layer of cream should be applied. Gently rub this cream on the body surface.
- Apply the cream only in the affected area.
- Wash your hands before and after using this medicine, unless your hands are the area to be treated.
- Avoid touching the tip of the container directly to the infected area.
- In case your eyes come in contact with this medicine, rinse your eyes with clean water immediately.
Storage and disposal of BETNOVATE C CREAM 30GM
- Store Betnovate C cream at room temperature away from direct sunlight and moisture.
- Keep out of reach from children and pets.
Dosage of BETNOVATE C CREAM 30GM
- Betnovate-C cream is meant for external application, the cases of overdose are unlikely.
- However, upon accidental ingestion, visit the nearest hospital or contact your doctor immediately.
- If you have overapplied, wipe out the excess medicine with tissue or cotton.
- Excessive use of this medicine for a prolonged duration is not advised as it can lead to hormonal issues.
Missed a Dose
Mode of Action of BETNOVATE C CREAM 30GM
How Does It Work?
- Betnovate-C cream contains betamethasone and clioquinol.
- Betamethasone is a steroid used for application on the skin. It reduces the inflammation, swelling and redness of the skin by blocking the production of certain chemical messengers called prostaglandins....
- Clioquinol reduces skin infections caused by bacteria. It inhibits certain enzymes involved in the DNA synthesis of bacteria resulting in the death of bacteria. It is also effective against some fungal skin infections....
Interactions of BETNOVATE C CREAM 30GM
Interactions with other medicines
- Betnovate-C cream is to be used externally on the skin, it is less likely to interact with other medicines. However, you should always consult your doctor if you are taking other medicines for treating other health conditions....
- Some medicines may interfere with the Betnovate-C like vigabatrin (a medicine for the treatment of epilepsy), ritonavir (a medicine for the treatment of HIV) and itraconazole (a medicine for the treatment of fungal infections)....
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Can I use the Betnovate C cream for acne scars?
Q: Can I use the Betnovate C cream for fairness?
Q: Can Betnovate C be used for itching?
Q: Can I use Betnovate-C cream in children?
Q: How to use Betnovate-C cream?
Q: Can I use Betnovate C cream on my face?
Q: Can Betnovate-C cream be used for acne and pimples?
Q: Can Betnovate-C skin cream be used for burns?
Q: For how long can I use Betnovate C cream?
Q: Betnovate C cream has been expired. Can I use this expired medicine?
Q: Can Betnovate C cream be used for dark spots?
Q: Can I use Betnovate C for ringworm?
Q: What is the difference between Betnovate C and Betnovate GM?
Q: Betnovate C vs Candid, which one of these is better?
Q: Can I use Betnovate C for dark circles?
Q: How many times a day can I use the Betnovate C?
Q: Can we use Betnovate C in private parts?
Q: How does Betnovate-C work?
Q: Is Betnovate C harmful for skin?
Q: Can I use Betnovate C on wounds?
Q: What is the composition of Betnovate C?
Q: Can I use Betnovate C for psoriasis?
Q: Can Betnovate C be used by pregnant women?
Q: Can I stop using Betnovate C cream on my own?
- Betnovate C Cream | Patient Information Leaflet [Internet]. Mcs.open.ac.uk. 2022 [cited 16 August 2022]
- Betnovate Cream - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 16 August 2022]
- CDSCO [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2022 [cited 16 August 2022]
- Drugs H. Clioquinol Topical: MedlinePlus Drug Information [Internet]. Medlineplus.gov. 2022 [cited 16 August 2022]
- Betnovate-C [Internet]. Medsafe.govt.nz. 2022 [cited 16 August 2022]