Ecosprin Gold 20mg Strip Of 15 Capsules
By USV PVT LTD
15 Capsule(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
5 Brand Options Available
Save Upto 8% more
Certified by Doctors
15 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Ecosprin Gold Capsule is a combination medicine used to prevent heart disorders like heart attack and chest pain. It contains three active ingredients-atorvastatin, clopidogrel and acetylsalicylic acid. Abnormal blood clot formation and high cholesterol are some of the important factors that contribute to heart disorders. This medicine contains active components which prevent abnormal blood clots and also reduce cholesterol levels. It is not recommended for use in pregnant women and lactating mothers. It should be used with caution in elderly patients. Some common side effects include swelling in the nose, diarrhoea, muscle pain, joint pain and indigestion.
Uses of Ecosprin Gold 20mg Strip Of 15 Capsules
- It is used to reduce the risk of blood clot formation thus preventing heart attack, stroke, severe chest pain.
- It is also used to lower the lipid or cholesterol in the blood when a low-fat diet and lifestyle changes did not work.
Contraindications of Ecosprin Gold 20mg Strip Of 15 Capsules
- If you are allergic to this medicine or any other ingredients of Ecosprin Gold Capsule.
- If you are allergic to similar medicines like other salicylates or NSAID's
- If you have any kind of medical condition like liver or kidney problem, blood clotting problem, heart-related disorders, gout, etc.
- If you are already taking medicines for hepatitis, arthritis or cancer.
- If you notice any unexplained abnormal blood tests for liver function.
- If you are not using proper contraception methods.
- If you are pregnant or are breastfeeding.
Side effects of Ecosprin Gold 20mg Strip Of 15 Capsules
- A runny nose or inflammation of the nose
- Pain in areas like stomach, joint, muscle, throat, neck
- Allergy reaction like rash and itching
- High blood sugar level
- Abnormal liver function test
- Loss of appetite
- A sensation of tingling and numbness
Precautions and Warnings of Ecosprin Gold 20mg Strip Of 15 Capsules
Can I take Ecosprin Gold Capsule during pregnancy?
It is not recommended during pregnancy as it may result in harmful effects on the unborn baby. When pregnancy is detected, this medicine should be discontinued immediately. Proper birth control measures should be taken while consuming it for at least 6 months. If you are pregnant or think you may be or are planning for a baby, you should consult your doctor before starting this medicine.
Can I take Ecosprin Gold Capsule while breastfeeding?
This medicine passes into the breastmilk and could lead to side effects in the newborn baby. Hence, this medicine should not be used during breastfeeding. You should consult your doctor before using this medicine during breastfeeding.
Can I drive if I have consumed Ecosprin Gold Capsule?
This medicine is not known to affect driving ability. However, side effects like dizziness have been noticed while using this medicine. Hence, it is recommended to avoid driving if you experience dizziness or unable to stay alert.
Can I consume alcohol with Ecosprin Gold Capsule?
You should avoid consuming alcohol while taking this medicine, as it may cause stomach and intestine bleeding and can also worsen the side effects of this medicine.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have problems with your heart, stomach, intestines, liver or kidney.
- You have a known medical condition of diabetes, asthma, high blood pressure, underactive thyroid gland or gout, muscle weakness, etc.
- You have a stroke or risk of bleeding or are having heavy menstrual periods.
- You have taken fusidic acid used to treat bacterial infection.
- You experience jaundice, fever, bruising, confusion, tiredness.
- You have surgery planned.
- You consume alcohol in excess.
- You are above 70 years of age.
- This medicine should not be given to children below 16 years.
Mode of Action of Ecosprin Gold 20mg Strip Of 15 Capsules
How Does It Work?
Clopidogrel and acetylsalicylic acid work by preventing platelets from sticking together and thus inhibit blood clot formation. It helps in keeping blood flowing smoothly in your body. Atorvastatin works by lowering bad cholesterol and triglycerides and increasing good cholesterol, thus reducing the risk of heart diseases, and preventing strokes and heart attacks.
Directions for Use of Ecosprin Gold 20mg Strip Of 15 Capsules
- Take this medicine as a whole with a sufficient amount of water, with or without food.
- You should take this medicine regularly, at the same time and without fail as directed by your doctor.
- You should not consume it more than the stated recommended daily dose.
Interactions of Ecosprin Gold 20mg Strip Of 15 Capsules
Interactions with other medicines
- Certain medicines can interfere with the action of Ecosprin Gold Capsule or Ecosprin Gold Capsule itself can affect the action of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Always inform your doctor about all the medicines you are taking, that includes all prescribed or non-prescribed herbal medicines, dietary supplements as well as other treatment if you are taking for any disorders.Read less
- In particular, if you are taking medicines for heartburn (like omeprazole, esomeprazole), medicines for brain and mood-related disorders, anticoagulants like warfarin, anti-diabetic medicines, anti-gout medicines like probenecid, etc.Read less
- Other medicines that should be used with caution are antibiotics like clarithromycin, immunosuppressants, antifungal medicines like ketoconazole, anti-HIV medicines, etc.
- Anti-cancer medicines such as methotrexate, should not be used along with this medicine as it may be harmful.
Interactions with food items
Grapefruit juice: You should avoid or not take more than one or two small glasses of grapefruit juice daily, as large quantities of grapefruit juice can alter the effects of Atorvastatin.
Storage and disposal of Ecosprin Gold 20mg Strip Of 15 Capsules
- Store it below 25°C in a clean and dry place, protected from moisture, sunlight and heat.
- Keep the medicine away from children and pets.
- You should not use this medicine after its expiry date.
- Do not use this medicine if you notice that the pack is damaged or shows signs of tampering.
- You should not flush this medicine in the toilet or pour them into the drain. You need to properly discard this medicine when it is expired or no longer needed.
Dosage of Ecosprin Gold 20mg Strip Of 15 Capsules
- Excess of this medicine may lead to fever, more rapid breathing than normal, excess sweating, restlessness, fits, hallucinations, low blood sugar, coma, shock.
- Symptoms of an overdose may include a headache, dizziness, nausea, vomiting, abdominal pain, ringing in the ears, hearing problems, confusion.
- If you experience any of the symptoms or think you have taken too much of this medicine, contact your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital
Missed a Dose
- Missing a dose of this medicine may reduce the effectiveness of the treatment.
- If you have missed taking any dose of this medicine take it as soon as you remember.
- If it's time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule.
- Do not take a double dose of this medicine to compensate for the missed one.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Can I stop the medication on my own?
A: No, you should never stop taking this medicine unless it is advised by the doctor, even if you are feeling good. If you stop taking this medicine it may lead to treatment failure.
Q: Is there any special diet that I need to follow while taking Ecosprin Gold Capsule?
- Yes, your doctor may advise you on a low-cholesterol diet, follow these directions carefully.
- Atorvastatin 10 mg Film Coated Tablets - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 30 April 2021]
- Clopidogrel Mylan 75 mg film-coated tablets - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 30 April 2021]
- Aspirin 75mg Tablets - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 30 April 2021]
Other Products from this Brand
|You Save||₹19.96 (15% on MRP)|
|Best Offer||Use Code: 18SAVE & get 18% discount|
|Contains||Acetylsalicylic Acid(75.0 Mg),Clopidogrel(75.0 Mg),Atorvastatin(20.0 Mg)|
|Uses||Prevent heart stroke|
|Side effects||Headache, dizziness, fever, nausea, vomiting|
Last Updated on: 05 May 2021 | 03:02 PM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
Offers Just for you
Flat 25% Off on first medicine order
Flat Rs.150 instant discount on HDFC Bank Debit and Credit cards
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved