E Cet Md Dt 10mg Tablets
Price to be Updated
E Cet Md Dt 10mg Tablets Description
E Cet Md Dt Tablet is an anti-allergic medication and is used to treat symptoms associated with allergies such as itching, sneezing, watery eyes, running nose, rashes, and pale red bumps. It contains
cetirizine as its active ingredient. Take as directed by the doctor and in doses and duration as prescribed. Side effects of the medicine are drowsiness, headache, weakness, and dry mouth. Most of them are temporary but if you feel the side effects persist or your condition worsens, you should contact the doctor immediately. E Cet Md Dt Tablet should be used with caution in children and it is recommended to consult the doctor before using the medicine in pregnant and lactating women.
|Uses||Allergic rhinitis and skin allergy|
|Side effects||Tiredness, headache, sleepiness, drowsiness, nausea|
Uses of E Cet Md Dt 10mg Tablets
Contraindications of E Cet Md Dt 10mg Tablets
- If you are allergic to cetirizine, Hydroxyzine or Piperazine derivatives or other ingredients of E Cet Md Dt Tablet.
- If you have severe kidney disease.
Side effects of E Cet Md Dt 10mg Tablets
- Dry mouth
- Sore throat
Precautions and Warnings of E Cet Md Dt 10mg Tablets
Other General Warnings
- You have a kidney problem or urinary retention problem as you may need a lower dose of the medicine, consult the doctor.
- You are giving the children as they may require a small dose of the medicine.
- You are suffering from fits (epilepsy).
- You should take an allergic skin test, as it may interfere with the diagnosis.
- You may experience certain skin reactions like swelling, itching, and redness immediately after you stop taking E Cet Md Dt Tablet.
Mode of Action of E Cet Md Dt 10mg Tablets
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of E Cet Md Dt 10mg Tablets
Interactions of E Cet Md Dt 10mg Tablets
Interactions with other medicines
- Medicines may affect the way E Cet Md Dt Tablet works, or the medicine itself may reduce the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Tell the doctor about the medicines, supplements, or herbals the child is currently taking or might take to avoid possible interaction.
- Concomitant use of medicines used to treat anxiety and psychotic disorders such as Diazepam, Clonazepam, and E Cet Md Dt Tablet may aggravate the side effects such as drowsiness, headache, and influence the alertness of an individual. ...
- It is important to inform the doctor regarding the medications and herbal supplements used before taking the medicine. It is also important to discuss specific allergies or underlying conditions experienced before using the medicine....
Storage and disposal of E Cet Md Dt 10mg Tablets
- Store E Cet Md Dt Tablet at a cool and dry place.
- Keep it out of reach of children and pets.
Dosage of E Cet Md Dt 10mg Tablets
Missed a Dose
- If you missed the dose of E Cet Md Dt Tablet, take it as soon as you remember.
- If time next dose, skip the missed dose and continue with the regular dosing schedule.
- Do not take a double dose of medicine to compensate for the missed one.
Dr. Arpit Verma
MBBS, MD (Pharmacology)
Dr. Ritu Budania
MBBS, MD (Pharmacology)
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Any precautions I need to take while I am taking E Cet Md Dt Tablet?
- Yes, E Cet Md Dt Tablet is known to cause sleepiness or drowsiness. Hence, avoid driving and operating machinery after taking the medicine.
- If you develop any rash, breathing difficulty or itching immediately after taking the medicine, it may be a severe side effect, immediately seek medical help.
Q: Can I take E Cet Md Dt Tablet in pregnancy?
Q: Can we take E Cet Md Dt Tablet for allergy?
Q: Can I take E Cet Md Dt Tablet for cough and cold?
Q: Does E Cet Md Dt Tablet make us drowsy?
Q: Is it okay to use E Cet Md Dt Tablet while I am breastfeeding?
- Cetirizine 10 mg Film-Coated Tablets - Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 6 May 2021]
- Cetirizine 10 mg Film-Coated Tablets - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 6 May 2021]
- Cetirizine Hydrochloride Tablets, USP – Product Monograph [Internet]. Pdf.hres.ca. 2021 [cited 6 May 2021]
- CDSCO - Cetirizine [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2021 [cited 6 May 2021]