Dutam Nt Strip Of 10 Tablets
Dutam Nt Strip Of 10 Tablets Description
Dutam Nt Tablet is used to provide relief from neuropathic pain. It is a combination medicine containing gabapentin and nortriptyline. Gabapentin relieves pain arising due to nerve damage, and compre
ssion in nerves. Nortriptyline acts on your central nervous system and offers relief from neuropathic pain. These two medicines work in reducing neuropathic pain (pain due to nerve damage). You should take this medicine at the dose and duration prescribed by your doctor. Avoid driving or handling any machinery after taking the Dutam Nt Tablet. As this medicine can make you less alert. Inform your doctor about all other medicines you are consuming and any other health issues you have, such as heart, liver or kidney problems.
|You Save||₹28.50 (15% on MRP)|
|Contains||Nortriptyline(5.0 Mg) + Gabapentin(200.0 Mg)|
|Side effects||Sleepiness, nausea, vomiting, diarrhea|
|Therapy||DRUGS FOR PERIPHERAL NEUROPATHY|
Uses of Dutam Nt Strip Of 10 Tablets
Contraindications of Dutam Nt Strip Of 10 Tablets
- If you are allergic to gabapentin and nortriptyline or any of the other ingredients of Dutam Nt Tablet.
- If you are taking certain medicines (MAO Inhibitors) for some psychiatric disorders.
- If you have experienced a recent heart attack, blockage in the heart, the disturbed rhythm of the heart.
Side effects of Dutam Nt Strip Of 10 Tablets
- Dry mouth
- Feeling tired or weak
- Excessive sweating
Precautions and Warnings of Dutam Nt Strip Of 10 Tablets
Other General Warnings
- You experience suicidal thoughts or changes in mood and behaviour.
- You have severe kidney disorders, liver disorders or disorders related to pancreas.
- You are suffering from problems related to the heart like blockage of heart, history of heart failure, abnormal rhythm of the heart.
- You are taking medicine for some psychiatric disorders.
- You have difficulty breathing or any other respiratory illness.
- You are above 65 years of age.
- You experience any abnormal symptoms after taking this medicine, report to your doctor. Do not stop the medicine on your own.
- Wear full clothes and apply sunscreen when stepping into bright sunlight as this medicine can make you sensitive to the sun.
- Inform your doctor if you are scheduled for any surgery or dental procedure involving local or general anaesthesia.
Mode of Action of Dutam Nt Strip Of 10 Tablets
How Does It Work?
- Gabapentin acts on your brain and reduces the release of chemicals responsible for the sensation of pain. It also relieves the pain arising due to nerve damage.
- Nortriptyline also acts on your central nervous system and offers relief from neuropathic pain (pain due to nerve damage).
Directions for Use of Dutam Nt Strip Of 10 Tablets
- Dutam Nt Tablet should be taken as directed by your doctor.
- Swallow it as a whole with a glass of water, do not cut, break or chew the medicine.
- It can be taken with or without meals.
- It would be best if you took it at a fixed time for optimal results.
- You should not consume it more than that prescribed by your doctor.
Interactions of Dutam Nt Strip Of 10 Tablets
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines can affect the way Dutam Nt works or this medicine itself can reduce the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Tell your doctor about all the medicines, supplements, or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interaction.
- Concomitant use with medicines for psychiatric disorders such as moclobemide, phenelzine, iproniazid, isocarboxazid, nialamide, or selegiline (used to treat Parkinson's disease) can lead to serious side effects (serotonin syndrome)....
- Concomitant use with medicines for cough and cold containing ephedrine, isoprenaline, noradrenaline, phenylephrine and phenylpropanolamine can increase the side effects of drowsiness.
- You should also tell your doctor if you take or have recently taken medicine that may affect the heart's rhythm.
- Water Pills such as Furosemide, medicines to treat irregular heartbeats such as quinidine and sotalol should be used cautiously.
Storage and disposal of Dutam Nt Strip Of 10 Tablets
- Store Dutam Nt Tablet at a temperature below 30°C
- Keep it away from children and pets
Dosage of Dutam Nt Strip Of 10 Tablets
Missed a Dose
Dr. Arpit Verma
MBBS, MD (Pharmacology)
Dr. Ritu Budania
MBBS, MD (Pharmacology)
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: How should I take Dutam Nt Tablet?
Q: What will happen if I stop taking Dutam Nt Tablet suddenly?
Q: What is Dutam Nt Tablet used for?
Q: What are the side effects of Dutam Nt Tablet?
Q: What is the composition of Dutam Nt?
- Nortriptyline 50mg Film-coated Tablets - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 18 May 2022]
- Gabapentin 400 mg capsules - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 18 May 2022]
- CDSCO [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2021 [cited 18 May 2022]
- Gabapentin [Internet]. Ncbi.nlm.nih.gov. 2021 [cited 18 May 2022]
- Ba. Nortriptyline Oral: Uses, Side Effects, Interactions, Pictures, Warnings & Dosing - WebMD [Internet]. Webmd.com. 2021 [cited 18 May 2022]
- Nortriptyline 50mg Film-coated Tablets - Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 18 May 2022]
- Gabapentin 400 mg capsules - Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 18 May 2022]