Duplat 10mg Injection
Duplat 10 MG Description
Duplat Injection is an anti-cancer medicine. It is used to treat various kinds of metastatic and advanced cancer (that spreads in the body) such as ovarian, testicular, bladder, small cell lung cance
r, non-small cell lung cancer, cervical cancer, etc. Duplat contains cisplatin as the active ingredient. It acts by killing cancer-causing cells thereby preventing the spread of infection. This Injection will be given by a doctor or nurse at a hospital or clinic.
Uses of Duplat 10 MG
- Testicular cancer
- Ovarian cancer
- Bladder cancer
- Small cell and non-small cell lung cancer
- Cervical cancer
Contraindications of Duplat 10 MG
- If you are allergic to cisplatin, platinum-containing products, or any other ingredient of Duplat Injection.
- If you have pre-existing kidney disease or hearing disorder.
- If you have suppressed bone marrow or decreased bone marrow activity.
- If you are dehydrated.
- If you have recently taken the yellow fever vaccine.
- If you are breastfeeding.
Side effects of Duplat 10 MG
- Decreased sodium levels
- Decreased blood level
- Bone marrow failure
- Altered heart rate and rhythm
Precautions and Warnings of Duplat 10 MG
Other General Warnings
- You are using aluminium containing medicine, devices, or sets.
- You have kidney disease or are on any other medicine that alters kidney function.
- You experience or have any hearing, movement or vibration loss.
- You are allergic to this medicine, or any other undesired side effects.
- You have or had liver disease.
- You have or had bone marrow failure.
- You are pregnant, planning pregnancy, or breastfeeding.
- You have low haemoglobin and low blood count.
Mode of Action of Duplat 10 MG
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Duplat 10 MG
- Duplat Injection will be given in the hospital by your doctor or nurse as an injection.
- Do not self inject this Injection.
Interactions of Duplat 10 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines can affect the way Duplat Injection works, or Duplat itself can reduce the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Tell your doctor about all the medicines, supplements, or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interaction.
- Especially if you are taking other pain killers, blood thinners, anti-allergic, anti-seizure (fit) medicine, immunomodulatory medicine, and antibiotics.
- If you are or have taken any live vaccine recently such as yellow fever.
Storage and disposal of Duplat 10 MG
- Store Duplat Injection below 25°C.
- Protect it from direct sunlight.
- Keep it out of the reach of children and pets.
Dosage of Duplat 10 MG
Missed a Dose
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What is Duplat Injection?
Q: Can Duplat cause harm to my kidney?
- Cisplatin 1 mg/ml Sterile Concentrate - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 4 June 2022]
- PLATINOL® Injection [Internet]. Accessdata.fda.gov. 2022 [cited 4 June 2022]
- Cisplatin 1mg/ml Infusion solution [Internet]. Cdn.accord-healthcare.com. 2022 [cited 4 June 2022]
- CDSCO [Internet]. Cdsco.gov. 2022 [cited 4 June 2022]
- Cancer C. Cisplatin - Drug Information - Chemocare [Internet]. Chemocare.com. 2022 [cited 4 June 2022]