Diclotal Dt 50mg Tablet
By BLUE CROSS LABORATORIES PRIVATE LIMITED
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
Non ReturnableRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Diclotal Dt Tablet contains diclofenac. It is a medicine for relieving pain and inflammation. It contains diclofenac as an active ingredient. It is used for relieving pain, swelling, stiffness associated with various forms of arthritis, gout and ankylosing spondylitis. It is used for relieving pain following an operation and due to dental procedures. It must be taken as directed by the doctor and in doses and duration as prescribed. It must be taken with or after having your meals. Before initiating treatment with the medicine you should let the doctor know if you smoke, have diabetes, blood clotting problem any heart condition etc....
Uses of Diclotal Dt 50 MG
- To relieve pain, stiffness and swelling of the joints in conditions like rheumatoid arthritis, osteoarthritis, gout, ankylosing spondylitis.
- It helps in relieving pain following dental surgery, pain after an operation and surgical procedures, pain due to minor injury etc.
Contraindications of Diclotal Dt 50 MG
- If you are allergic to diclofenac or other ingredients of the medicine.
- If you have or had stomach or intestinal ulcers or bleeding problems in the gut.
- You may suffer from heart problems like heart attack, stroke or heart failure.
- You may develop allergic reactions or bowel problem after taking a painkiller in the past.
- You may have problems with the liver or kidneys.
- If you are pregnant, planning pregnancy and women of childbearing age not using contraceptive measures.
Side effects of Diclotal Dt 50 MG
- Stomach pain
Precautions and Warnings of Diclotal Dt 50 MG
Can I take Diclotal Dt Tablet during pregnancy?
- Diclotal Dt Tablet must not be taken during pregnancy, especially in the third trimester, as it may cause harmful effects in the unborn baby. If you get pregnant while on treatment, you immediately consult the doctor....
Can I take Diclotal Dt Tablet while breastfeeding?
Components of the medicine are known to pass into breast milk. A decision of whether to discontinue breastfeeding or treatment should be taken by a doctor considering the importance of treatment for the mother and the health benefits of breastfeeding for the baby.
Can I drive if I have consumed Diclotal Dt Tablet?
Diclotal Dt Tablet is known to cause side effects like dizziness and drowsiness. Thus, avoid driving or operating machines if you experience these side effects.
Can I consume alcohol with Diclotal Dt Tablet?
Although there is no known interaction with alcohol and Diclotal Dt Tablet, it is essential to consult the physician if you have a habit of regular drinking. Consuming alcohol while taking pain killers is known to increase the risk of bleeding, ulcer and perforation in the stomach and intestine (upper gastrointestinal tract).
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You may have problems with the heart, liver or kidney.
- You may suffer from stomach or intestine diseases.
- You are above 60 years of age.
- You smoke and consume alcohol in excess or too often.
- You may suffer from a condition called porphyria.
- You may suffer from a blood or bleeding disorder.
- You may have lupus or a similar condition.
- You may have problems with circulation.
- You may have asthma, diabetes or high blood cholesterol.
Mode of Action of Diclotal Dt 50 MG
How Does It Work?
Diclofenac in Diclotal Dt Tablet blocks the action of certain chemical substances (prostaglandins) which are responsible for pain and inflammation; thus helps to ease pain and reduce the swelling.
Directions for Use of Diclotal Dt 50 MG
- Diclotal Dt Tablet must be taken as directed by the doctor. Take with a glass of water, do not cut, break or chew the medicine.
- Taken with or after food. It would be best if you took it at a fixed time for optimal results and should not consume it more than that prescribed by the doctor.
Interactions of Diclotal Dt 50 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines affect the way Diclotal Dt Tablet works, or the medicine itself reduces the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Inform the doctor of the medicines, supplements, or herbals you are taking or might take to avoid possible interaction.
- Taking water tablets, blood thinners, medicine for high blood pressure, diabetes, other pain killers, immunomodulators, certain anti-infectives, steroids, medicines for a heart condition, antacids and medicines for lowering blood cholesterol. You need to be cautious and if you are not sure which are these medicines, ask the doctor. ...
- If you have taken a medicine called mifepristone within the last 12 days, diclofenac should not be taken at least for the next 8–12 days.
Storage and disposal of Diclotal Dt 50 MG
- Store Diclotal Dt Tablet at a cool and dry place, in original packaging.
- Keep it away from children and pets.
Dosage of Diclotal Dt 50 MG
Symptoms of overdose are headache, nausea, vomiting, stomach pain, diarrhoea, dizziness, fainting, lethargy, etc. Seek medical attention in case you have consumed too much of the medicine.
Missed a Dose
If you missed taking a dose of Diclotal Dt Tablet take it as soon as you remember. If it's time for the next dose, skip the missed dose and continue the regular dose schedule. Avoid a double dose of medicine for the missed one....
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What is the use of Diclotal Dt Tablet?
A: Diclotal Dt Tablet is used to relieve pain, inflammation and swelling of muscles, joints and bones in arthritis, spondylitis and sports injuries. It is used after operations and surgeries to relieve pain, inflammation and swelling.
Q: How to take Diclotal Dt Tablet?
A: Diclotal Dt Tablet must be taken as directed by the doctor. Take the medicine with a glass of water, with or after food. Do not cut, break or chew the medicine.
Q: Is there risk associated with the use of Diclotal Dt Tablet?
A: The use of pain killers may be associated with the risk of conditions related to heart, bleeding and ulcer in the digestive tract. The risk may be more when the medicine is used for prolonged duration and in people with an existing heart condition and with a risk factor of getting such condition.
Expires on or After
The information provided herein is supplied to the best of our abilities to make it accurate and reliable as it is published after a review by a team of professionals. This information is solely intended to provide a general overview on the product and must be used for informational purposes only. You should not use the information provided herein to diagnose, prevent, or cure a health problem. Nothing contained on this page is intended to create a doctor-patient relationship, replace or be a substitute for a registered medical practitioner's medical treatment/advice or consultation. The absence of any information or warning to any medicine shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance. We highly recommend that you consult your registered medical practitioner for all queries or doubts related to your medical condition. You hereby agree that you shall not make any health or medical-related decision based in whole or in part on anything contained in the Site. Please click here for detailed T&C.