Dewormis 50mg Strip Of 1 Tablet
1 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
Out of Stock
7 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Dewormis 50 MG Description
Dewormis Tablet is an anti-worm medicine. It contains levamisole as its active ingredient. It is used in the treatment of worm infections. This medicine should be taken as directed by the doctor and
in doses and duration as prescribed. Before using the Dewormis Tablet, inform the doctor if you are pregnant or are breastfeeding and about your detailed medical history.
|You Save||₹0.77 (15% on MRP)|
|Side effects||Nausea, vomiting, stomach pain|
Check more medicines with composition as Levamisole(50.0 Mg)
Uses of Dewormis 50 MG
Dewormis Tablet is used for the treatment of worm infections.
Contraindications of Dewormis 50 MG
If you are allergic to levamisole or any other ingredients of Dewormis Tablet.
Side effects of Dewormis 50 MG
- Stomach pain
Precautions and Warnings of Dewormis 50 MG
Can I take Dewormis Tablet during pregnancy?
Please consult your doctor before using Dewormis Tablet during pregnancy as there is limited information about its safety in pregnant women.
Can I take Dewormis Tablet while breastfeeding?
Dewormis Tablet should not be used while breastfeeding as there is limited safety data available. Your doctor may prescribe an alternate medicine, especially while nursing a newborn or premature infant.
Can I drive if I have consumed Dewormis Tablet?
Dewormis Tablet may make you feel dizzy and sleepy, you should avoid driving if you do not feel well or are unable to be alert.
Can I consume alcohol with Dewormis Tablet?
Although there is no known interaction with alcohol and Dewormis Tablet, it is essential to consult your physician if you have a habit of consuming alcohol regularly.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have problems with your liver or kidneys.
- You develop an allergic reaction after using Dewormis Tablet.
- You do not notice any improvement in your condition while on treatment.
- You are pregnant, think you may be or are planning a pregnancy.
- You are breastfeeding.
- Do not use Dewormis Tablet for any other condition than that prescribed by the doctor.
Mode of Action of Dewormis 50 MG
How Does It Work?
Levamisole in Dewormis Tablet works by attaching to the muscle of the worms, paralyzes it and reduces their ability to multiply.
Directions for Use of Dewormis 50 MG
Dewormis Tablet should be taken as directed by your doctor. Swallow it whole with a glass of water, do not cut, break or chew the medicine. It would be best if you took it at a fixed time for optimal results. Do not consume it more than that prescribed by your doctor....
Interactions of Dewormis 50 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines can affect the way Dewormis Tablet works, or this medicine itself can reduce the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Tell your doctor about all the medicines, supplements, or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interaction. Especially if you are taking medicines like Ivermectin and Albendazole....
Storage and disposal of Dewormis 50 MG
- Store Dewormis Tablet in a cool and dry place, protected from direct sunlight, moisture and heat.
- Keep it away from children and pets.
- Discard any unused medicine properly, do not flush in the toilet or throw it into the drain.
Dosage of Dewormis 50 MG
Seek medical attention in case you have consumed too much of Dewormis Tablet.
Missed a Dose
If you missed any dose of Dewormis Tablet, take it as soon as you remember. However, if it's time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dose schedule. Do not take a double dose of medicine to compensate for the missed one....
Dr. Mansi Savla
B. Pharm, PharmD
Dr. Ritu Budania
MBBS, MD (Pharmacology)
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What is the use of Dewormis Tablet?
A: Dewormis Tablet is used for the treatment of worm infections.
Q: Is Dewormis Tablet an antibiotic?
A: No, Dewormis Tablet is not an antibiotic, it is an antiparasitic medicine which is used to treat infections caused by worms (such as roundworm and hookworm).
Q: Does the Dewormis Tablet contain a steroid?
A: No, the Dewormis Tablet does not contain a steroid. It contains levamisole which is used to treat parasitic worm infections.
- Levamisole - an overview | ScienceDirect Topics [Internet]. Sciencedirect.com. 2022 [cited 20 May 2022]
- Levamisole: Uses, Interactions, Mechanism of Action | DrugBank Online [Internet]. Go.drugbank.com. 2022 [cited 20 May 2022]
- Lactmed - Levamisole [Internet]. Ncbi.nlm.nih.gov. 2022 [cited 20 May 2022]
Expires on or After
Other Products from this Brand
The information provided herein is supplied to the best of our abilities to make it accurate and reliable as it is published after a review by a team of professionals. This information is solely intended to provide a general overview on the product and must be used for informational purposes only. You should not use the information provided herein to diagnose, prevent, or cure a health problem. Nothing contained on this page is intended to create a doctor-patient relationship, replace or be a substitute for a registered medical practitioner's medical treatment/advice or consultation. The absence of any information or warning to any medicine shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance. We highly recommend that you consult your registered medical practitioner for all queries or doubts related to your medical condition. You hereby agree that you shall not make any health or medical-related decision based in whole or in part on anything contained in the Site. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed