Deprid 25mg Tablets
Deprid 25 MG Description
Deprid 25 mg Tablet is an antidepressant and is used in the treatment of depression. It is also sometimes used for the treatment of bed-wetting tendencies in children. The active component of Deprid
25 mg Tablet is imipramine. A person suffering from depression experiences a loss of interest in daily activities. Deprid 25 mg Tablet works by increasing the levels of certain chemical substances in the brain that helps maintain mental balance. The dosage and duration of Deprid 25 mg Tablet should be followed exactly as directed by your doctor. Do not stop taking Deprid Tab abruptly without proper consultation with your doctor, even if you feel better. Side effects of Deprid 25 mg Tablet include nausea, constipation, weight changes, severe rash, yellowing of the skin, difficulty in breathing, etc.
Uses of Deprid 25 MG
- Deprid 25 mg Tablet is used in,
- Treatment of depression
- Treatment of bed-wetting in children
Contraindications of Deprid 25 MG
- If you are allergic to the active or inactive ingredients of Deprid 25 mg Tablet.
- If you are taking any other medication belonging to the class called Monoamine oxidase inhibitors or have taken them in the last 14 days.
- If you recently had a heart attack or have a history of any heart condition.
Side effects of Deprid 25 MG
- Excessive sweating
- Difficulty in urination
- Dry mouth
- Muscle spasms
- Difficulty in speech
- Yellowish colouring of the skin
- Irregular heartbeat
- Severe rash.
- Difficulty in breathing.
Precautions and Warnings of Deprid 25 MG
Other General Warnings
- You are taking any other medication for depression.
- You are being treated with electric shock therapy.
- You are scheduled for any surgery, including dental surgery, or have recently had one.
- You conceive during the course of Deprid Tabs.
- You experience side effects that are persistent or worsen in time.
Mode of Action of Deprid 25 MG
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Deprid 25 MG
- Swallow Deprid 25 mg Tablet as a whole. Do not break, crush, or chew it.
- To prevent stomach upset, take Deprid Tab with food.
- Do not take Deprid 25mg Tablet for more than five days continuously.
- Do not stop taking Deprid Tab without consulting your doctor.
- For optimal pharmacological effects, take the recommended dosage of Deprid Tab at the same time every day.
- Do not alter the dosage of Deprid Tab, as it can cause severe side effects and even death.
Interactions of Deprid 25 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- To avoid side effects associated with medicine interaction, it is important to inform the doctor about all medicines and health supplements you are currently taking.
- Deprid 25 mg Tabs are known to interact with the following medicines:
- Cetirizine- It is a medicine used in the treatment of certain allergic infections such as rhinitis, urticaria, etc. When combined with Deprid 25 mg Tablet, it can cause severe side effects such as impaired thinking, seizures, dizziness, etc. ...
- Selegiline- It is used in the treatment of Parkinson’s disorder. When combined with Deprid 25 mg Tablet, it can cause a rare but serious complication called serotonin syndrome.
- Ondansetron- It is used to manage nausea and vomiting during cancer chemotherapy. When combined with Deprid 25 mg Tablet, it can cause a serious complication called serotonin syndrome.
- Sunitinib- It is a medicine used in the treatment of certain tumours. If taken with Deprid 25 mg Tablet, the combination can cause an irregular heart rhythm, which can be life-threatening.
- Codeine- It is a medicine used in the treatment of pain, cough, and diarrhoea. If taken with Deprid 25 mg Tablet, it can cause a serious condition called serotonin syndrome.
Interactions with food items
- There are no known adverse interactions of Deprid 25 mg Tablet with food. A regular diet can be followed unless suggested otherwise by the doctor.