Decdak Dt Tablets
Decdak Dt Tablets Description
Decdak Dt Tab is used for the treatment of various inflammatory conditions, allergies, auto-immune conditions and manage the symptoms and side effects of certain types of cancer. It contains Dexamet
hasone, which belongs to a group of medicines called steroids. It works by reducing the formation of inflammation-causing substances in the body. It should be taken as directed by the doctor and in doses and duration as prescribed. It should be taken with or after food. Decdak Dt Tab should be avoided by pregnant women and should be given to children under medical supervision. You may sometimes experience side effects like depression, increased appetite, indigestion, nervousness, decreased wound healing, mood swings, hallucinations, etc while on treatment with Decdak Dt Tab . Most of the side effects are temporary. However, if you feel the side effects persist or your condition worsens, you should contact your doctor immediately. Before using this medicine, inform the doctor about your detailed medical history.
Uses of Decdak Dt Tablets
- Decdak Dt Tab is a steroid medicine used to treat various inflammatory conditions and auto-immune disorders
- For relieving pain and inflammation in different body parts and various conditions, for eaxmple arthritis
- To treat various allergies associated with the skin (eczema, erythroderma) and lung disorders (asthma attack)
- It is also used in cancer therapy to reduce some specific symptoms and side effects to improve the quality of life
Contraindications of Decdak Dt Tablets
Side effects of Decdak Dt Tablets
- The side effects of this are highly dependent on the dose and duration of the treatment. You may experience anxiety, stomach discomforts, insomnia, mood swings, dizziness, and restlessness
- Prolonged use of this medicine can suppress the activity of adrenal glands and induce Cushing's syndrome characterised by a moon face, obesity, and pink-purple stretch marks
- Other side effects are visual disturbances, blood-related disorders, skin reactions, weak immunity, high blood pressure and masking of underlying infections
Precautions and Warnings of Decdak Dt Tablets
Other General Warnings
- You experience any skin allergies, rise in blood sugar levels, or you have diabetes
- You experience mood disturbances, fits and other psychiatric problems including suicidal thoughts after taking this medicine
- You experience visual disturbances and eye infections. Upon long term use, there is the probability that you may develop a cataract
- You are elderly or you have a heart problem, high blood pressure and cholesterol, blood clotting problems, liver and kidney diseases
- You are trying to conceive or taking any fertility treatment, discuss with your doctor before taking this medicine, as it can impair the fertility of an individual.
- You have a history of muscle weakness due to steroid therapy or have a condition called myasthenia gravis
- Decdak Dt Tab may cause inflammation and swelling in different parts of your gut like stomach, pancreas and can also cause ulcers
- Children and adolescents consuming steroids should be observed for growth abnormalities as steroids can retard the growth in children
- Decdak Dt Tab makes you more prone for infections, in case you are suffering from an infection like a fungal infection, measles and chickenpox
- You are taking medicines to suppress the immune response, discuss your condition with a doctor
Mode of Action of Decdak Dt Tablets
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Decdak Dt Tablets
- Take Decdak Dt Tab regularly as directed by your doctor
- This medicine should be taken with meal or after eating a meal
- It should be swallowed whole with a sufficient amount of liquid
Interactions of Decdak Dt Tablets
Interactions with other medicines
- Contraceptives, when taken with this medicine can prolong the effect of Decdak Dt Tab
- Antacid medicine containing salts of aluminium and magnesium should be used after a gap of 2-hours with this medicine
- Rifampicin, Phenytoin, Carbamazepine, Ephedrine, and Primidone can reduce the effect of this medicine
- Concomitant use of Decdak Dt Tab with antifungal medicines such as Ketoconazole and Itraconazole can increase the effect of this medicine. Variations in blood count can be seen if this medicine is taken with medicines used to treat high blood pressure such as Enalapril and Captopril...
- Digoxin medicines used to treat heart failure when consumed along with this medicine can reduce the potassium levels in the body
- Decdak Dt Tab can reduce the blood-glucose-lowering action of anti-diabetic medicines and can also reduce the anticoagulant effect of medicines like Coumarin
- There can be increased the risk of ulcers and bleeding in the digestive tract when painkillers such as Aspirin and Indomethacin are taken with this medicine
- Decdak Dt Tab when taken with muscle relaxants, muscle relaxing effect is prolonged
- Atropine or other medicines used to dilate pupil can increase pressure inside your eyes, if used with this medicine
- Medicines used to suppress immune response such as Cyclosporin can increase the risk of getting infections, if taken along with this medicine
- Decdak Dt Tab should not be consumed within 8 weeks if you have received any live vaccine
Storage and disposal of Decdak Dt Tablets
- Store the s at room temperature and away from moisture
- Keep it out of reach of children and pets
Dosage of Decdak Dt Tablets
Missed a Dose
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Can Decdak Dt Tab be given to children?
Q: Is Decdak Dt Tab an antibiotic?
Q: Can I stop taking Decdak Dt Tab on my own?
Q: Is there any side effect of Decdak Dt Tab?
Q: Is Decdak Dt Tab a steroid?
- Dexamethasone 1 mg s - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 3 May 2022]
- Dexalone [Internet]. Quest3plus.bpfk.gov.my. 2021 [cited 3 May 2022]
- CDSCO [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2021 [cited 3 May 2022]
- Dexamethasone 1 mg s - Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 3 May 2022]
- Dexamethasone s and liquid: a medicine used to treat inflammatory conditions and sickness (vomiting) [Internet]. nhs.uk. 2021 [cited 3 May 2022]