Veloz D Strip Of 10 Capsules
Veloz D capsule is an anti-reflux medicine containing a combination of rabeprazole and domperidone. It is used to treat gastrointestinal reflux disease (GERD). GERD is a condition in which acid from the stomach comes back up to the food pipe and causes heartburn, belching, nausea and chest pain.
Veloz D works by decreasing the amount of acid produced in the stomach and improving mortality in the gut. Thus, it reduces the backflow of stomach content to the food pipe. It should be taken as directed by the doctor and in doses and duration as prescribed.
Some other capsules containing rabeprazole and domperidone are Razo D capsule, Rabekind DSR capsule, Rabesec DSR capsule, and Rabium DSR capsule. Inform your doctor if you are pregnant, planning a pregnancy or breastfeeding about all the medicines and supplements you take and all the conditions or diseases you suffer from before starting Veloz D capsule.
Along with taking medicine on time, making certain lifestyle modifications can help to manage your acidity problem better. Try eating smaller meals, eating slowly and avoiding overeating and lying down immediately after having a meal. Limit your intake of alcohol, avoid smoking and maintain a healthy weight. Consult the doctor to understand what works best for you.
|You Save||₹30.76 (15% on MRP)|
|Contains||Rabeprazole(20.0 Mg) + Domperidone(30.0 Mg)|
|Uses||Acidity, heartburn, GERD|
|Side effects||Headache, dizziness, nausea, vomiting, stomach pain|
|Therapy||ANTACID AND ANTI-EMETIC|
- Rabesec Dsr Strip Of 10 CapsulesBy Cipla Gx10 Capsule(s) in StripMRP 161.05₹ 136.8921.46% CHEAPER₹ 13.69/Capsule
- Rabeloc Rd Strip Of 10 CapsulesBy Cadila Pharmaceuticals Limited10 Capsule(s) in StripMRP 187.00₹ 158.958.78% CHEAPER₹ 15.90/Capsule
- Rebozen Dsr Strip Of 10 CapsulesBy Leeford Healthcare Ltd10 Capsule(s) in StripMRP 90.00₹ 63.0063.86% CHEAPER₹ 6.3/Capsule
- Rablet D Strip Of 15 CapsulesBy Lupin15 Capsule(s) in StripMRP 301.95₹ 256.661.84% CHEAPER₹ 17.11/Capsule
- Wokride D Strip Of 15 CapsulesBy Dr Reddy's Laboratories Ltd15 Capsule(s) in StripMRP 272.75₹ 231.8411.3% CHEAPER₹ 15.46/Capsule
- Odirab D Strip Of 15 CapsulesBy Zydus Healthcare Limited15 Capsule(s) in StripMRP 162.40₹ 138.0447.22% CHEAPER₹ 9.20/Capsule
- Drego D Strip Of 10 CapsulesBy Usv Pvt Ltd10 Capsule(s) in StripMRP 119.40₹ 101.4941.77% CHEAPER₹ 10.15/Capsule
Uses of VELOZ D STRIP OF 10 CAPSULES
- Veloz D capsule is used in the treatment of gastrointestinal reflux disease (GERD). It is a medical condition in which stomach acid regurgitates from the stomach into the food pipe, causing symptoms like heartburn, chest discomfort, and acidity....
- It is also used for the treatment of Zollinger-Ellison syndrome, a condition where one or more tumours make excessive amounts of acid.
Contraindications of VELOZ D STRIP OF 10 CAPSULES
- If you are allergic to rabeprazole or domperidone or any of the ingredients of Veloz D capsule.
- If you have serious heart problems like heart failure, heart rhythm problems, and salt imbalance.
- If you are taking any medicine which might affect the contraction of the heart muscle.
- If you are suffering from bleeding in the digestive system.
- If you are suffering from a liver or kidney disorder.
- If you have any tumour of the pituitary gland.
- If you are pregnant or breastfeeding.
Side effects of VELOZ D STRIP OF 10 CAPSULES
- Stomach pain
- Lack of energy
- Back pain
Precautions and Warnings of VELOZ D STRIP OF 10 CAPSULES
Other General Warnings
- You experience black stools.
- You have a stomach tumour.
- You are taking medicines to treat HIV.
- You have liver and kidney disease or kidney failure.
- You have a history of fractures, osteoporosis or taking steroids.
- You develop watery diarrhoea, and fever after taking Veloz D capsule.
- You should not give this medicine to children of 12 years and below.
- You are on Veloz D capsules for more than three months. Your blood magnesium levels may drop. Your doctor may perform regular tests for the same.
- You develop skin lesions, especially in the sun-exposed area after taking this medicine.
- You have heart problems and associated symptoms like palpitations, difficulty in breathing, and unconsciousness.
- You have low levels of vitamin B12. This medicine is known to reduce the absorption of vitamin B12 after long-term use. Supplements may be needed.
- Taking Veloz D capsule for more than one year may increase the chances of developing bone fractures.
Directions for Use of VELOZ D STRIP OF 10 CAPSULES
- Veloz D capsule should be taken as directed by your doctor.
- Swallow it as a whole with a glass of water. Do not cut, break or chew the medicine.
- It should preferably be taken in the morning before food.
Storage and disposal of VELOZ D STRIP OF 10 CAPSULES
- Store Veloz D capsules in a cool and dry place, protected from direct sunlight, moisture and heat.
- Keep it away from children and pets.
- Do not use expired or damaged medicines.
- Discard any unused medicine properly. Do not flush it in the toilet or throw it into the drain.
Quick Tips of VELOZ D STRIP OF 10 CAPSULES
- Veloz D capsules are used to treat gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD). GERD occurs when the stomach contents go back into the food pipe. Do not take this medicine for any other condition than that specified by your doctor....
- Take this medicine in the exact dose and duration as recommended. Do not take more than the prescribed dose.
- Before starting Veloz D capsules, inform your doctor if you are pregnant, planning on becoming pregnant or breastfeeding. Also, inform your doctor about all other medicines that you take and your complete medical history....
- This medicine should preferably be taken before meals for optimum effectiveness.
- Headache, dizziness, diarrhoea, nausea and vomiting may occur in some individuals with this medicine. Inform your doctor if these effects bother you or do not go away.
- If you experience sleepiness after taking Veloz D capsules, it is recommended to avoid driving, operating heavy machinery or performing any such tasks that require mental alertness.
- You can make certain lifestyle modifications like preventing excess intake of foods that cause acidity, like carbonated drinks and oily/fried food, regular exercise and maintaining a healthy weight.
- It is also advised to limit alcohol intake and quit smoking for better treatment of your acid reflux.
Dosage of VELOZ D STRIP OF 10 CAPSULES
Missed a Dose
- If you have missed taking any dose of the medicine take it as soon as you remember.
- If it's time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dose schedule.
- Do not take a double dose of medicine to compensate for the missed one.
Mode of Action of VELOZ D STRIP OF 10 CAPSULES
How Does It Work?
- Veloz D capsule works by the combined action of rabeprazole and domperidone.
- The proton pump in the stomach is responsible for the secretion of stomach acids. Rabeprazole binds to this proton pump in stomach cells, thus blocking acid secretion.
- Domperidone increases the motility of the stomach and intestines so that acid does not reflux back into the food pipe.
Interactions of VELOZ D STRIP OF 10 CAPSULES
Interactions with other medicines
- Certain medicines can affect the way Veloz D works or Veloz D itself can affect the action of other medicines taken along. Hence, you should always tell the doctor if you are taking any other medicines, herbal preparation and supplements to avoid any interaction. Especially if you are taking blood thinners, anti-infectives, anti-viral medicines, immunomodulators, etc....
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Can Veloz D capsule be used if I suffer from liver disease?
Q: What should be done to avoid frequent acidity?
Q: I have been taking Veloz D capsule for some months now. What should I watch for?
Q: For how long should Veloz D capsule be taken?
Q: What is Veloz D capsule used for?
- Veloz D capsule is used for the treatment of gastrointestinal reflux disease (GERD).
- It also helps to treat peptic ulcers in the upper part of the intestine (duodenum).