Cuzid 1gm Injection
Cuzid 1 GM Description
Cuzid Injection is an antibiotic medicine. It is used in the treatment of bacterial infections of the respiratory tract, skin & soft tissues, stomach & intestines, urinary tract, etc. It is also used
in meningitis (inflammation of meninges that cover the brain and spinal cord). It contains ceftazidime, which belongs to the antibiotic class of medicine.
Uses of Cuzid 1 GM
Contraindications of Cuzid 1 GM
- If you are allergic to ceftazidime, any other cephalosporins or any other ingredients of Cuzid Injection.
- If you have a history of severe allergic reaction to any other antibiotics like penicillins.
Side effects of Cuzid 1 GM
- Injection site reactions
- Skin rash
- Swelling/redness in veins
Precautions and Warnings of Cuzid 1 GM
Other General Warnings
- You have a history of allergy to penicillins or any medicines.
- You develop any allergic reaction after taking this medicine.
- You are suffering from diarrhoea due to this medicine.
- You should let the doctor, or the laboratory person know that you are using this medicine while going for a lab test, as this medicine may interfere with certain lab tests.
Mode of Action of Cuzid 1 GM
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Cuzid 1 GM
- Cuzid Injection will be given to you in hospital by your doctor or nurse. Do not self-inject this medicine.
- Follow any instructions suggested by doctor or nurse during the procedure or for after care.
Interactions of Cuzid 1 GM
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines can affect the way Cuzid Injection works or this medicine itself can reduce the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Tell your doctor about all the medicines, supplements or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interaction.
- Especially if you are taking antibiotics, water pills, oral contraceptives.
Storage and disposal of Cuzid 1 GM
- Store Cuzid Injection in a clean & dry place away from direct heat, moisture & sunlight.
- Keep away from children.
Dosage of Cuzid 1 GM
Missed a Dose
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What is the use of Cuzid Injection?
Q: What is the composition of Cuzid Injection?
- CDSCO [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2022 [cited 4 June 2022]
- Drugs H. Ceftazidime Injection: MedlinePlus Drug Information [Internet]. Medlineplus.gov. 2022 [cited 4 June 2022]
- FORTAZ® (ceftazidime for injection) USP [Internet]. Accessdata.fda.gov. 2022 [cited 4 June 2022]
- Ceftazidime 1g Powder for Solution for Injection or Infusion - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 4 June 2022]
- Ceftazidime 1g Powder for Solution for Injection or Infusion - Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 4 June 2022]