Crixan 500mg Strip Of 6 Tablets
Crixan 500 MG Description
Crixan Tablet is an antibiotic medicine used in various infections of the body like the skin, soft tissue, chest and stomach infections. It contains clarithromycin which is an antibiotic medicine. It
acts by stopping the multiplication of bacteria. Do not take this medicine if you are having an allergy, abnormal heart rhythm, liver or kidney problems, low potassium or taking medicines for allergy. Consult your doctor before you are pregnant or breastfeeding. Do not use it in children below 12 years of age.
Uses of Crixan 500 MG
- For the treatment of various infections in the body like infections of throat, sinus, skin, soft tissue, chest (infection of lungs and windpipe).
- It is also used in the treatment of ulcers in the intestine caused by bacteria known as helicobacter pylori. It is also used for pneumonia as well as for skin infections.
Contraindications of Crixan 500 MG
- If you have any history of allergy to any of the contents of this medicine or other macrolide antibiotics.
- If you have any abnormality in the heart rhythm like ventricular arrhythmia or QT prolongation.
- If you have any member in the family having a history of abnormal heart rhythm or QT prolongation.
- If you have any liver and/or kidney problems.
- If you are taking medicines such as terfenadine, astemizole, cisapride or pimozide. (as these medicines along with Crixan Tablet can produce abnormal heart rhythm).
- If you are taking other medicines which may produce abnormal heart rhythm.
- If you have low potassium levels in the blood.
- If you are taking medicines like ergotamine, dihydroergotamine (for migraine), colchicine (for gout), ticagrelor, ranolazine (for prevention of heart attack and stroke), lovastatin, simvastatin (cholesterol-lowering medicines)....
Side effects of Crixan 500 MG
- Loss of Appetite
- Loss of taste
- Abdomen pain
Precautions and Warnings of Crixan 500 MG
Other General Warnings
- You have an allergy to lincomycin or clindamycin like antibiotics.
- You have abnormal liver or kidney functions.
- You have or had a history of any heart problems.
- Your blood magnesium level has previously been low.
- You have severe or prolonged diarrhoea (pseudomembranous colitis) during or after taking Crixan Tablet.
- You have used Crixan Tablet before on several occasions or for a long time.
- You have signs and symptoms of liver disease such as loss of appetite, jaundice, dark urine, itching or abdomen pain.
- You are using a combination of Crixan Tablet and benzodiazepines, such as alprazolam, triazolam and midazolam (medicines used in brain-related diseases).
- You take other medicines which affect your hearing function.
- In case of severe acute hypersensitivity reactions, such as anaphylaxis, Stevens-Johnson Syndrome and toxic epidermal necrolysis (skin peeling with increase chances of infection), your doctor may discontinue Crixan Tablet therapy immediately. ...
- It is not recommended to use Crixan Tablet in children below 12 years of age.
Mode of Action of Crixan 500 MG
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Crixan 500 MG
- Take this medicine as a whole with a sufficient amount of water. Do not break or chew the medicine.
- Always take this medicine exactly as your doctor has told you.
- Even after improvement of symptoms continue taking this medicine for the period your doctor has prescribed to control the symptoms and as a preventive measure.
Interactions of Crixan 500 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines can affect the way Crixan Tablet works or this medicine itself can reduce the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Tell your doctor about all the medicines, supplements or herbs you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interactions.
- Especially, if you are taking medicines such as terfenadine, astemizole, cisapride or pimozide. (as these medicines along with Crixan Tablet can produce abnormal heart rhythm).
- Concomitant use of Crixan Tablet with other medicines like Digoxin, Quinidine, disopyramide, Verapamil (used in heart problems) may cause abnormal heart rhythm.
- The use of Crixan Tablet with nateglinide, repaglinide or insulin (treatment of diabetes) can result in further lowering of blood glucose levels. Hence, if the combination is used then the blood sugar levels should be monitored. ...
- The effect of Carbamazepine, phenytoin, valproate (medicines to treat epilepsy or fits) and Theophylline (used in asthma and chronic obstructive pulmonary disease) increases when used together with this medicine....
- Concomitant used of Warfarin, Phenprocoumon (blood-thinning medicines) with Crixan Tablet may increase the chances of bleeding.
Storage and disposal of Crixan 500 MG
- Keep this medicine out of the sight and reach of children.
- Do not use this medicine after its expiry date.
- Store it below 30°C in the original packaging.
- Do not throw away any medicines via wastewater or household waste.
Dosage of Crixan 500 MG
Missed a Dose
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Is Clarithromycin the same as Amoxicillin?
Q: What is the use of Crixan Tablet?
Q: Is Crixan Tablet an antibiotic?
Q: Can I stop taking Crixan Tablet on my own?
- Clarithromycin 500mg Tablets - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 8 Aug 2021]
- Clarithromycin 500mg Tablets - Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 8 Aug 2021]
- CDSCO [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2021 [cited 8 Aug 2021