Critibac 625mg Tab
By AMRA REMEDIES
6 Tablet(s) in Strip
Price to be Updated
Non ReturnableRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Critibac Tablet is an antibiotic medicine and is used to treat various bacterial infections like infections of the urinary tract, respiratory tract and sexually transmitted diseases. It contains cefur
oxime and clavulanic acid as its active components. Cefuroxime is an antibiotic that acts by inhibiting the cell wall synthesis of bacteria and clavulanic acid acts by inhibiting the enzyme made by bacteria; this will help cefuroxime to function optimally. You should not use this medicine if you are allergic to penicillins or any other ingredient of this medicine. It should be taken as directed by the doctor and in the correct doses and for the exact duration as prescribed. It should be taken with or after food. You should complete the entire treatment with this medicine and not stop it mid-way on your own without first consulting your doctor....
Uses of Critibac 625mg Tab
Critibac Tablet is used to treat various types of bacterial infections such as infection of the urinary tract, lower respiratory tract and sexually transmitted diseases like gonorrhoea.
Contraindications of Critibac 625mg Tab
- If you are allergic to cefuroxime or clavulanic acid or any of the ingredients of Critibac Tablet.
- If you have a history of a severe allergy to any other antibiotics like penicillins.
Side effects of Critibac 625mg Tab
- Diarrhoea, nausea, vomiting
- Stomach pain, flatulence, indigestion
- Mouth ulcers
- Thirsty feeling, lack of appetite
- Increase in liver enzymes
- Low blood count
- Shortness of breath
- Itching and swelling in the vagina, painful urination
- Itching, redness, chills
- Chest pain
Precautions and Warnings of Critibac 625mg Tab
Can I take Critibac Tablet during pregnancy?
It is advised to take Critibac Tablet only if your doctor considers it essential.
Can I take Critibac Tablet while breastfeeding?
Components of Critibac Tablet pass into the breastmilk in small quantities. It is advised not to breastfeed during the treatment. Doctors may also recommend monitoring the baby if any fungal infection of the mouth or diarrhoea develops.
Can I drive if I have consumed Critibac Tablet?
It is advised not to drive or use machines when you have taken Critibac Tablet as it may cause dizziness.
Can I consume alcohol with Critibac Tablet?
Try to avoid alcohol intake during the treatment with Critibac Tablet, as it can make you more dizzy or drowsy.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You develop any allergic reaction after taking Critibac Tablet.
- You have a history of an allergy to any antibiotic like cephalosporins, penicillins.
- You are already taking water pills, as it can affect kidney functions.
- You have a history of pain and swelling in the inner lining of the intestine.
Mode of Action of Critibac 625mg Tab
How Does It Work?
- Critibac Tablet works by the combined action of both its components: cefuroxime and clavulanic acid
- Cefuroxime acts by inhibiting the cell wall synthesis of bacteria, which is responsible for bacterial infection. However, bacteria make an enzyme (beta-lactamases), which can destroy cefuroxime.
- Clavulanic acid inactivates this enzyme and hence helps cefuroxime to function optimally.
Directions for Use of Critibac 625mg Tab
- Critibac Tablet should be taken as directed by your doctor.
- Swallow it as a whole with a glass of water, with or after food.
- Do not cut, break or chew the medicine.
- It would be best if you take it at a fixed time for optimal results.
- You should not consume it more than that prescribed by your doctor.
Interactions of Critibac 625mg Tab
Interactions with other medicines
- Critibac Tablet may interact with other medicines and produce an altered response. Please tell your doctor if you are using any other medicines, over-the-counter medicines (that you buy without a prescription) and herbal preparations....Read more
- There is limited information available on the interaction of this combination with other medicines. However, any interactions are seen with these two components, when taken alone, may occur with thiscombination....Read more
- Oral contraceptives, antacids and medicines used in the treatment of gout, such as Probenecid, should be used cautiously.
Storage and disposal of Critibac 625mg Tab
- Store Critibac Tablet at room temperature, protected from light and moisture.
- Keep it out of reach of the children and pets.
Dosage of Critibac 625mg Tab
Symptoms of an overdose include brain damage, fits or a coma. If you think you have taken an excessive dose of Critibac Tablet, contact your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital.
Missed a Dose
- It is advised not to miss any dose of antibiotics as it can fail therapy.
- If you have missed taking any dose of Critibac Tablet, take it as soon as you remember.
- If it's time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule.
- Do not take a double dose of this medicine to compensate for the missed one.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Is diarrhoea a common side effect during the treatment with Critibac Tablet?
A: Yes, diarrhoea is a common side effect during the treatment with Critibac Tablet but contact your doctor immediately if you have diarrhoea with blood and mucous along with stomach pain and fever. It can be a sign of inflammation of the large intestine.
Q: For how long do I need to take Critibac Tablet?
A: You are supposed to complete the dosage as prescribed by your physician. If you skip the dose or do not complete the course with Critibac Tablet, it may cause resistance and decrease the effectiveness of immediate treatment.
- CDSCO - Cefuroxime and Clavulanic Acid [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2021 [cited 4 June 2021]
- Cefuroxime and Clavulanic Acid Formulations, Tablets, Products, Syrup, Suspension from Leading Contract Manufacturers of India - Finecure Pharmaceuticals Limited [Internet]. Clavproducts.com. 2021 [cited 4 June 2021]
- Cefuroxime 250mg tablets - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 4 June 2021]
Last Updated on: 04 Jun 2021 | 06:59 PM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved