Crestor 40mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
By ASTRAZENECA PHARMA INDIA LTD
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
30 days return policyRead More
Crestor 40mg Tab 10`S is a medicine used to decrease the level of cholesterol in the body. Crestor 40mg Tab 10`S has rosuvastatin as the active ingredient in its composition, which belongs to the statin group and is also applicable in treating withstanding heart conditions.
Uses of Crestor 40mg Tab 10`S
- High cholesterol levels in the body
- Hypercholesterolaemia in teenagers
- Chances of a heart attack
- Significantly decreases the risk of a stroke
- Hypertriglyceridaemia (a condition of excess triglycerides in the body)
Contraindications of Crestor 40mg Tab 10`S
- Taking rosuvastatin inside of a week from taking fusidic acid can result in severe muscle breakdown
- Allergic to rosuvastatin or other statin medicines
Side effects of Crestor 40mg Tab 10`S
- Muscular pain
- Abnormal levels of liver enzymes
- Abdomen pain
- Asthenia (lack of any physical strength)
- Nausea and vomiting
Precautions and Warnings of Crestor 40mg Tab 10`S
Can I take Crestor 40mg Tab 10`S during pregnancy?
The medicine is not recommended for pregnant women.
Can I take the tablet while breastfeeding?
Taking rosuvastatin while breastfeeding is not advised as the medicine is known to pass into the milk produced. It is recommended to see a doctor for guidance about the possible side effects or benefits.
Can I drive if I have consumed Crestor 40mg Tab 10`S?
Yes, driving is safe while on rosuvastatin.
Can I consume alcohol with Crestor 40mg Tab 10`S?
Consumption of alcohol can lead to severe damage to the liver as the medicine also has a few side effects on the organ.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
People with a family history of any form of muscular breakdown or condition are advised to talk about their state with the consulting doctor to avoid any complications later on. Alcoholics or those who consume a lot of alcohol are advised to seek help in support groups and through doctors to cut back on their intake, as it can result in liver failure in the long run.
Mode of Action of Crestor 40mg Tab 10`S
How Does It Work?
Rosuvastatin acts on HMG-CoA reductase and inhibits its function of synthesis of cholesterol. Blocking the working of HMG-CoA reductase results in lowering the production of bad cholesterol or low-density lipoproteins (LDL).
Directions for Use of Crestor 40mg Tab 10`S
The tablets are to be taken as per the prescription written out to the individual. It is to be made sure that no changes are allowed to be made to the Crestor 40mg Tab 10`S dosage without a consultation.
Interactions of Crestor 40mg Tab 10`S
Interactions with other medicines
- Rosuvastatin, when taken with other cholesterol-lowering medicine, risks the individual to myopathy, which is a condition where the muscle fibres go out of tone.
- Medicines prescribed to fight off an infection or medicines ongoing for the treatment of HIV are known to react with Crestor 40mg Tab 10`S and the side effects can be severe.
Interactions with food items
Consumption of grapefruit juice is advised to be kept low.
Other general Interactions
- Individuals suffering from severe liver conditions are advised to let the doctors know about their medical history to be able to write a better prescription.
- People with a condition of the thyroid, where the glands are underperforming (hypothyroidism) should share the issue with their doctor.
Storage and disposal of Crestor 40mg Tab 10`S
The medicine is to be stored at room temperatures and must be kept away from and source of moisture or direct sunlight.
Dosage of Crestor 40mg Tab 10`S
Overdosing on the medicine is not a life-risking situation, but it is advised to see a doctor in case the person suffers from increasing Crestor 40mg Tab 10`S side effects. Some individuals can complain of increasing abdominal pain with cramps. The skin too starts to turn yellow in other cases. Taking excess rosuvastatin can also result in weakening and pain in muscles.
Missed a Dose
A missed dosage is advised to be made up as soon as possible but in the meanwhile it is to be kept in mind that it is not made into a double dose. In such a case, the doctor advises to skip and return to the scheduled dosages.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What are the necessary precautions or points a diabetic patient has to keep in mind while on rosuvastatin?
A: Rosuvastatin is known to increase blood sugar levels. It is advised to monitor the blood sugar level for any irregularity.
Q: How long does it take for the tablet to start showing signs of decreasing cholesterol?
A: If the individual is taking the medicine on time and follows the treatment plan, the signs of progress can be visible in around a month from starting the medication.
Q: Does taking rosuvastatin result in the contraceptives being less effective?
A: No, rosuvastatin does not affect the working of contraceptives. It can, however, increase a few hormonal side effects of taking contraceptives.
Q: How long after quitting the medicine does the effect last?
A: Effects of the medicine last as long as it is being taken. The ability to keep the cholesterol levels under control diminishes with quitting the medicine. Only a controlled diet and regular exercise are advised to prevent an increase in the level.
Q: Is it safe to take aspirin with rosuvastatin?
A: Yes, both the medicines have no conflict working at the same time.
- Drugs.com. Crestor 40mg tablets.
- Electronic medicines compendium. Crestor 40mg film-coated tablets.
- NHS. Rosuvastatin.
- Drugbank. Rosuvastatin.
- Electronic medicines compendium. Package leaflet: information for the patient. Crestor 40mg film-coated tablets.
- NCBI. Drugs and Lactation Database (LactMed) [Internet]. Rosuvastatin
- NIH. DailyMed. ROSUVASTATIN - rosuvastatin calcium tablet, film coated
Last Updated on: 11 Oct 2019 | 09:56 PM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
- Side effects
- Precautions and Warnings
- Mode of Action
- Directions for Use
- Storage and disposal
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
© 2020 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved