By TRENDS PHARMA PVT LTD
10 Capsule(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
7 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Cloxapene Capsules Description
Cloxapene Cap is an antibiotic medicine that contains a combination of Ampicillin and Cloxacillin.
|₹4.20 (14% on MRP)
|Ampicillin + Cloxacillin
Check more medicines with composition as Ampicillin + Cloxacillin
Uses of Cloxapene Capsules
- It is used to treat infections of lungs, throat, airways, skin & soft tissue, bone, ear, nose, blood and other bacterial infections
- It is also used to treat infection of wounds and lungs after surgery
Contraindications of Cloxapene Capsules
- If you are allergic to Ampicillin, Cloxacillin or any of the ingredient of this medicine
- If you are allergic to similar antibiotics like Cefixime, Cefpodoxime, Amoxicillin, etc.
- This medicine should never be used for eye infections and eye contact should be avoided
Side effects of Cloxapene Capsules
- Nausea, vomiting and diarrhoea
- Skin allergies with itching, rashes red bumps and blister
Precautions and Warnings of Cloxapene Capsules
Can I take Cloxapene Cap during pregnancy?
The effect of this medicine in pregnant women is not clearly known and animal studies have not shown any undesirable effects on the developing fetus and it is usually considered safe. However, it should be used only if considered essential by your doctor.
Can I take Cloxapene Cap while breastfeeding?
This medicine passes into breast milk and can cause side effects like diarrhea and fungal infection of mouth in a breastfed baby. Therefore it is advised not to breastfeed when you are taking this medicine.
Can I drive if I have consumed Cloxapene Cap?
You can drive while taking this medicine.
Can I consume alcohol with Cloxapene Cap?
This medicine is known to have side effects like nausea and vomiting. Consuming alcohol may exaggerate such symptoms related to the stomach. Avoid drinking when you are taking this medicine.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- If you have a history of allergy to penicillins
- If you experience serious allergic reactions and skin rashes after taking this medicine
- If you are having watery diarrhoea or severe stomach pain, immediately stop this medicine and consult your doctor
- If you develop other infections while taking this medicine
- If you have existing kidney problems
- You should not give this medicine to newborn babies suffering from jaundice
- It is advised to complete the course of antibiotics and not skip any dose even if you feel better
Mode of Action of Cloxapene Capsules
How Does It Work?
This medicine inhibits the formation of the outer membrane of bacteria and thereby kills the bacteria responsible for the infection.
Directions for Use of Cloxapene Capsules
This medicine should be taken as a whole with a sufficient amount of water and on an empty stomach or one hour before a meal.
Interactions of Cloxapene Capsules
Interactions with other medicines
- You may experience skin allergies if you are taking medications like Allopurinol along with this medicine
- Antibiotics like Chloramphenicol, Azithromycin, Sulphonamides, Doxycycline interfere with the way this medicine works
- This medicine hampers the way in which the oral contraceptive medication works. Thus it is advised to use alternative physical contraceptive measures like condoms
- Other medicines like Probenecid, Sulfasalazine and Aspirin
Storage and disposal of Cloxapene Capsules
- Store in a dry place below 25°C.
- Keep it out of the reach of children
Dosage of Cloxapene Capsules
- The overdose of this medicine may cause serious kidney failure if you have existing kidney problems
- Symptoms of overdose are nausea, vomiting and diarrhoea
- In case of an overdose, contact your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital
Missed a Dose
- It would be best if you don't miss a dose of antibiotic as it may lead to treatment failure
- If you have missed any dose of medicine, take it as soon as you remember
- If it's already time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule
- Never take a double dose of medicine to compensate for the missed one
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: For how long do I need to take this medicine?
A: You are supposed to complete the prescribed dosage given by your physician. If you skip the dose or do not complete the course it may cause resistance and decrease the effectiveness of immediate treatment.
Q: Can I take this medicine for cold and flu as well?
- No, you cannot take this medicine for treating cold and flu. This is specific for treating bacterial infections while cold and flu are caused by viruses. So, taking this medicine in such conditions may lead to antibiotic resistance....
Bubonic Plague Reported: Are We In Danger?
Bubonic plague, which became notorious during the 14th Century in Europe and swept through India from the 1890s to 1910s, is caused by bacteria called Yersinia pestis. Contrary to popular belief, this plague isn’t caused by rat bites. The cause of bubonic plague is the bite of infected fleas. These fleas live in the hairs
Cherry Tomatoes: Unveiling the Nutritional Benefits and Culinary Uses
Key Highlights: Introduction Cherry tomatoes are small and full of colour and flavour, they have gained popularity worldwide concerning culinary usage. They are said to be nutritious and provide potential health benefits. In this article, we will be discussing the history behind the use of cherry tomatoes, their potential benefits, the different varieties available, ,
Ashwagandha Benefits for Females: Enhancing Health with Research-Based Insights
Key Highlights: Introduction Ashwagandha goes by many names, including Withania somnifera or “Indian ginseng.” This is an adaptogenic herb with a rich history in Ayurvedic medicine spanning over 3,000 years. Its fame has grown in recent times due to the numerous health benefits it offers, especially for women’s health. In this article, we delve into
Butterfly Pea Flower: Uses, Benefits, Side Effects & More!
Key Highlights: Introduction The butterfly pea flower is scientifically called Clitoria ternatea. Its blue colour is stunning. It promises potential health benefits. It can colour your mixed drinks. Even cosmetic enthusiasts find a use for it. It is said to contain a lot of antioxidants which are probably responsible for its vibrant colour. Studies also
Fenugreek for Hair Growth: Reviewed and Confirmed by Effective Studies
Key Highlights: Introduction Hair, being one of the essential aspects of an individual’s appearance, plays a significant role in boosting one’s self-esteem and confidence. Maintaining the health of our hair is crucial, but daily exposure to environmental stressors, unhealthy lifestyles, and genetic factors can often lead to various hair problems, including hair loss. There are
Can Ashwagandha Increase Height: An Evidence-Based Review
Key Highlights: Introduction Ashwagandha (Withania somnifera) is an ancient medicinal herb that has been utilized in Ayurvedic medicine for centuries due to its numerous potential health benefits. One question that often arises is whether Ashwagandha can help increase height. In this article, we will explore the potential role of Ashwagandha in height growth, as well
Zinc Rich Fruits: A Comprehensive Nutritional Guide
Key Highlights: Introduction In this article, we’ll first understand why zinc is so vital. From there, we’ll learn about the best food sources of this key nutrient. Lastly, we will describe the potential benefits of zinc how to avoid deficiency. Importance of Zinc in Our Diet Zinc is said to be key for many
Fruits to Avoid During Cough and Cold: A Comprehensive Guide for Improved Recovery
Key Highlights: Introduction Illnesses like coughs and colds can take a toll on our bodies, and it’s crucial to maintain a proper diet during this time. Eating the right foods not only supports the body’s natural healing process but also helps strengthen our immune system, ensuring a faster and more efficient recovery. In this comprehensive
Flaxseed for Hair Growth: Unveiling Its Research-Based Potential Benefits
Key Highlights: Introduction Flaxseed, a popular natural remedy praised for its nutritional value, has recently gained attention for its potential benefits in promoting hair growth and overall hair health. Rich in omega-3 fatty acids, B vitamins, vitamin E, and protein, this small but mighty seed may be the key to unlocking luscious locks and a
PharmEasy Health Partner
Earn Extra Income – Become PharmEasy Health Partner. Why should you become PharmEasy Health Partner? Here are a few reasons to consider: This is the right thing to do if you have an entrepreneurial mind. Start your business with zero investment. Build your network of customers, place their orders, and start earning for every order
The information provided herein is supplied to the best of our abilities to make it accurate and reliable as it is published after a review by a team of professionals. This information is solely intended to provide a general overview on the product and must be used for informational purposes only. You should not use the information provided herein to diagnose, prevent, or cure a health problem. Nothing contained on this page is intended to create a doctor-patient relationship, replace or be a substitute for a registered medical practitioner's medical treatment/advice or consultation. The absence of any information or warning to any medicine shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance. We highly recommend that you consult your registered medical practitioner for all queries or doubts related to your medical condition. You hereby agree that you shall not make any health or medical-related decision based in whole or in part on anything contained in the Site. Please click here for detailed T&C.