Cloben G Cream 15gm
Cloben G cream is used for the treatment of various skin conditions such as itching, allergies, redness and inflammation suspected to have a bacterial or fungal infection. This cream is a combination medicine containing beclomethasone, clotrimazole and neomycin.
Beclometasone is a steroid and has anti-inflammatory properties, neomycin is an antibacterial agent and clotrimazole is an antifungal agent. It is also used in the treatment of ringworm infection, athlete's foot and tinea infections.
Cloben G cream is meant only for external application and should be applied exactly as recommended by your doctor. You may experience some application site reactions as side effects, but they normally fade away with time. Surfaz Sn cream, Candiderma cream, Gentalene Plus cream, Candiderma Plus cream and Diprolite cream also contain beclomethasone, clotrimazole and neomycin.
Please report to your doctor if you notice the side effects persist or worsen. Avoid applying cosmetic preparation while on this cream. Inform your doctor about all the past medical and medication history, before initiating the treatment with Cloben G.
|You Save||₹18.35 (15% on MRP)|
|Contains||Clotrimazole(1.0 %) + Beclometasone(0.025 %) + Neomycin(0.5 %)|
|Side effects||Burning, irritation, itching, allergy, stinging sensation|
|Therapy||TOPICAL ANTIMICROBIAL AND STEROID|
Uses of CLOBEN G CREAM 15GM
Contraindications of CLOBEN G CREAM 15GM
- If you are allergic to neomycin, clotrimazole, beclomethasone or any other ingredient of Cloben G cream.
- If you have for nail and scalp infection.
Side effects of CLOBEN G CREAM 15GM
- Stinging sensation
- Cracks on skin
Precautions and Warnings of CLOBEN G CREAM 15GM
Other General Warnings
- You experience any allergic reactions to the skin after applying this cream.
- You experience other infections after applying this cream.
- It would be best if you do not use this cream on any condition other than prescribed by your doctor.
- In case you experience any skin reactions after applying this cream, inform your doctor immediately.
- You should not apply this cream for a prolonged duration on a larger skin area or more than the prescribed duration.
- In case your eyes come in contact with this medicine, rinse your eyes with clean water immediately.
- Cloben G cream should not be used for children below 12 years.
Directions for Use of CLOBEN G CREAM 15GM
- Use Cloben G cream as directed by your doctor for external use only.
- Apply it on the skin surface free from cuts & wounds.
- Wash your hands before & after using this medicine unless you are using this medicine to treat hands.
- Apply it in thin film covering the infected area and let it get absorbed.
- Avoid touching the tip of the container directly to the infected area of skin.
Storage and disposal of CLOBEN G CREAM 15GM
- Store Cloben G cream below 30°C in a dry place.
- Keep it out of the reach of children and pets.
Quick Tips of CLOBEN G CREAM 15GM
- Cloben G cream is used for the treatment of various skin conditions such as itching, allergies, redness and inflammation suspected to have a bacterial or fungal infection.
- This medicine is meant for external application and should not be swallowed.
- Use the cream as directed by your doctor.
- Wash your hands thoroughly after applying the cream to avoid accidental transfer to other areas of your skin or to other people.
- Do not use Cloben G cream on open wounds or broken skin.
- If your condition worsens or does not improve after 2-3 weeks of use, contact your doctor.
- If you experience any unusual side effects or skin reactions, stop using the cream and contact your doctor.
- Do not share this medication with others, even if they have the same condition as you do.
- You can make certain lifestyle modifications like maintaining a good skincare routine by keeping the skin clean and moisturized to avoid dryness.
- Also, avoid harsh soaps and detergents, use mild and fragrance-free products and use lukewarm water instead of hot showers or baths. Use a humidifier to add moisture to the air, especially during dry seasons. These modifications might help to improve your condition....
Dosage of CLOBEN G CREAM 15GM
Missed a Dose
- If you missed any dose of Cloben G cream, apply it as soon as you remember. If its time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dose schedule. Do not overapply this medicine to compensate for the missed one....
Mode of Action of CLOBEN G CREAM 15GM
How Does It Work?
- Beclomethasone is a steroid which acts by blocking the synthesis of natural substance, i.e. prostaglandins which is responsible for itching, swelling and redness.
- Clotrimazole works by inhibiting the formation of a fungal cell wall component which leads to altered permeability and growth of fungus causing infection.
- Neomycin is an antibiotic agent which is widely used for treating various bacterial infection of the skin. It works by inhibiting growth and multiplication of bacteria causing infection.
- Collectively all these medicines work more effectively by reducing the infection and inflammation of the skin.
Interactions of CLOBEN G CREAM 15GM
Interactions with other medicines
- Cloben G cream is meant for local application on skin and thus is less likely to interact with other medicines taken orally. However, it may interact with other topically applied medicine. Discuss with your doctor if you are already on another topical medicine....
- There is limited information available on the interaction of Cloben G cream with other medicines. However, as Cloben G cream contains three different components, any interaction seen with these three components when taken alone may occur with this combination....
- Cloben G cream can damage the surface of physical contraceptives thus an alternative contraceptive measure should be considered during the treatment and after 5 days of the treatment.
- Other medicines like Ritonavir, Cidofovir, Cisplatin, Amphotericin B, painkillers like Ibuprofen, antibiotics like Amikacin, Tobramycin, Rifampin and Rifabutin should be used cautiously.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: For how long do I need to take Cloben G cream?
Q: How should I apply Cloben G cream?
Q: Can we use Cloben G cream for fungal skin infections?
Q: Can Cloben G cream be used in genital warts?
Q: Is Cloben G cream a steroid?
Q: Can Cloben G cream be used for acne?
Q: Can I stop taking Cloben G cream when I feel better?
Q: Can I self medicate with Cloben G for ringworm?
Q: For how long do I need to apply Cloben G?
Q: Is Cloben G safe for babies?
Q: Can we use Cloben G in a vagina?
Q: Can we use Cloben G on the face?
- Franco-Indian Pharmaceuticals Pvt. Ltd. | Making healthcare work for you [Internet]. Francoindian.com. 2021 [cited 6 April 2022]
- Beclomethasone/Clotrimazole/Neomycin [Internet]. Centaurpharma.com. 2021 [cited 6 April 2022]
- Clenil Modulite (Beclomethasone) - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 6 April 2022]
- Clotrimazole Cream 1% - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 6 April 2022]
- Webmd - Neomycin - WebMD [Internet]. Webmd.com. 2021 [cited 6 April 2022]
- Betamethasone Topical: MedlinePlus Drug Information [Internet]. Medlineplus.gov. 2021 [cited 6 April 2022]
- Clotrimazole Cream 1% - Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 6 April 2022]