Surfaz Sn Cream
By FRANCO INDIAN PHARMACEUTICALS PVT LTD
10g Cream in Tube
Inclusive of all taxes
30 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Surfaz-SN cream is a combination of three medicines Beclomethasone, Clotrimazole and Neomycin. It is used for the treatment of various skin conditions such as itching, allergies, redness and inflammation suspected to have bacterial or fungal infection. Beclometasone is a steroid and has anti-inflammatory properties. Neomycin is an antibacterial agent and clotrimazole is an antifungal agent. It is also used in the treatment of ringworm infection, athlete's foot and tinea infections.
Uses of Surfaz Sn Cream
Surfaz-SN cream is used for the treatment of various skin infections and inflammation like dermatitis, pruritis, impetigo, candida and tinea infection, etc. It helps in managing the symptoms like scratching, red sores, itching and rashes when associated with skin infections.
Contraindications of Surfaz Sn Cream
- If you are allergic to Neomycin, Clotrimazole, Beclomethasone or any other ingredient of this medicine.
- This medicine should not be used for children below 12 years.
- This medicine should not be used for nail and scalp infection.
Side effects of Surfaz Sn Cream
- Stinging sensation
- Cracks on skin
Precautions and Warnings of Surfaz Sn Cream
Can I use Surfaz-SN Cream during pregnancy?
This cream can be used during pregnancy, only when prescribed by your doctor. In case you are prescribed with this cream, avoid using in larger skin areas for a prolonged duration.
Can I use Surfaz-SN Cream while breastfeeding?
This cream can be used by a breastfeeding woman if prescribed by the doctor. It should not be applied to the breast or areas near the breast of breastfeeding mother as there can be chances of ingestion of this by a breastfed infant. Avoid using it on large areas of skin or for a prolonged period.
Can I drive if I have applied Surfaz-SN Cream?
It does not influence your driving ability.
Can I consume alcohol with Surfaz-SN Cream?
There is no direct interaction between alcohol and this cream. However, you should avoid consuming alcohol as it can worsen the infection and delay healing.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You experience any allergic reactions of the skin after applying this cream.
- You experience other infections after applying this cream.
- It would be best if you do not use this cream on any condition other than prescribed by your doctor.
- In case you experience any skin reactions after applying this cream, inform your doctor immediately.
- You should not apply this cream for prolonged duration on a larger skin area or more than the prescribed duration.
- In case your eyes come in contact with this medicine, rinse your eyes with clean water immediately.
Mode of Action of Surfaz Sn Cream
How Does It Work?
- Beclomethasone is a steroid which acts by blocking the synthesis of natural substance, i.e. prostaglandins which is responsible for itching, swelling and redness.
- Clotrimazole works by inhibiting the formation of a fungal cell wall component which leads to altered permeability and growth of fungus causing infection.
- Neomycin is an antibiotic agent which is widely used for treating various bacterial infection of the skin. It works by inhibiting growth and multiplication of bacteria causing infection.
- Collectively all these medicines work more effectively by reducing the infection and inflammation of the skin.
Directions for Use of Surfaz Sn Cream
- Use Surfaz-SN cream as directed by your doctor for external use only.
- Apply it on the skin surface free from cuts & wounds.
- Wash your hands before & after using this medicine unless you are using this medicine to treat hands.
- Apply it in thin film covering the infected area and let it get absorbed.
- Avoid touching the tip of the container directly to the infected area of skin.
Interactions of Surfaz Sn Cream
Interactions with other medicines
- Surfaz-SN cream is meant for local application on skin and thus is less likely to interact with other medicines taken orally. However, it may interact with other topically applied medicine. Discuss with your doctor if you are already on another topical medicine.read less
- There is limited information available on the interaction of Surfaz-SN cream with other medicines. However, as Surfaz-SN cream contains three different components, any interaction seen with these three components when taken alone may occur with this combination.read less
- Surfaz-SN cream can damage the surface of physical contraceptives thus an alternative contraceptive measure should be considered during the treatment and after 5 days of the treatment.
- Other medicines like Ritonavir, Cidofovir, Cisplatin, Amphotericin B, painkillers like Ibuprofen, antibiotics like Amikacin, Tobramycin, Rifampin and Rifabutin should be used cautiously.
Storage and disposal of Surfaz Sn Cream
- Store this medicine below 30°C in a dry place.
- Keep it out of the reach of children.
Dosage of Surfaz Sn Cream
As Surfaz-SN Cream is meant for external application, the cases of overdose are unlikely. However, upon accidental ingestion, contact your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital. If you have overapplied it, wipe out excess of medicine with tissue or cotton.
Missed a Dose
- If you missed any dose of medicine, apply it as soon as you remember. If its time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dose schedule. Do not overapply this medicine to compensate for the missed one.read less
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: For how long do I need to take this Surfaz-SN Cream?
A: If you find that you have started feeling better, still you are supposed to complete the prescribed dosage duration by your physician.
Q: How should I apply Surfaz-SN Cream?
A: Wash the affected area properly and dry it well. Then apply the cream over that area 2-3 times a day or as directed by your doctor. Do not cover the area where you applied the cream with any dressing.
Q: Can we use Surfaz-SN cream for fungal skin infection?
A: Yes, it can be used for fungal infections if prescribed by your doctor. There are different types of fungal infections and it is important to consult dermatologist for advice. Refrain from using it for any other skin conditions as it contains steroids. Steroids can worsen certain skin infections. Hence caution is needed.
Q: Can Surfaz-SN Cream be used in genital warts?
A: No, genital warts are caused due to viral infection. This medicine is not effective against viral infections.
Q: Is Surfaz-SN Cream a steroid?
A: Yes, it contains beclomethasone which is a steroid and effective against inflammation and swelling.
- Surfaz-SN. Franco-Indian Pharmaceuticals. [Accessed on 10.July.2020] (online)
- Centaurpharma. Beclomethasone/Clotrimazole/Neomycin. [Accessed on 10.July.2020] (online)
- EMA. SmPC. Beclomethasone. [Accessed on 10.July.2020] (online)
- Ema SmPC. Clotrimazole. [Accessed on 10.July.2020] (online)
- Webmd. Neomycin. [Accessed on 10.July.2020] (online)
Last Updated on: 15 Aug 2020 | 08:59 AM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved