Surfaz Sn Cream
By FRANCO INDIAN PHARMACEUTICALS PVT LTD
10g Cream in Tube
Inclusive of all taxes
15 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Surfaz-SN cream is a combination of beclomethasone, clotrimazole and neomycin. It is used to treat various skin conditions like itching, allergies, redness and inflammation suspected to be caused by either bacterial or fungal infection. Surfaz-SN cream is also used for the treatment of ringworm infection, athlete's foot and tinea infections. Beclometasone is a steroid and has anti-inflammatory properties while neomycin is an antibacterial and clotrimazole is an antifungal medicine. This ointment should not be used on children under 12 years of age and also if you have a scalp or nail infection. Surfaz SN ointment is meant only for external application and should be applied exactly as recommended by your doctor. Do not use Surfraz SN in your eyes, mouth or vagina....
|You Save||₹17.10 (18% on MRP)|
|Best Offer||Use Code: 18SAVE & get 18% discount|
|Contains||Clotrimazole(1.0 %),Beclometasone(0.025 %),Neomycin(0.5 %)|
|Side effects||Itching, irritation, redness, burning|
|Classification||TOPICAL ANTIMICROBIAL AND STEROID|
Check more medicines with composition as Clotrimazole(1.0 %) + Beclometasone(0.025 %) + Neomycin(0.5 %)
Uses of Surfaz Sn Cream
- Surfaz-SN cream is used for the treatment of various skin infections caused by bacteria, fungi or mixed infections.
- It helps to manage symptoms like scratching, red sores, itching and rashes when associated with skin infections.
Contraindications of Surfaz Sn Cream
- If you are allergic to neomycin, clotrimazole, beclomethasone or any other ingredients of the Surfaz-SN cream.
- If you have a nail and scalp infection.
Side effects of Surfaz Sn Cream
- Stinging sensation
- Cracks on the skin
Precautions and Warnings of Surfaz Sn Cream
Can I use Surfaz-SN cream during pregnancy?
Surfaz-SN cream can be used during pregnancy, only when it is prescribed by your doctor. In case you are prescribed this cream avoid using it on larger skin areas for a prolonged duration.
Can I use the Surfaz-SN cream while breastfeeding?
Surfaz-SN cream can be used by a breastfeeding woman if it is prescribed by the doctor. It should not be applied to the breast or areas near the breast of a breastfeeding mother as there can be chances of ingestion of this by a breastfed infant. Avoid using it on large areas of skin or for a prolonged period.
Can I drive if I have applied Surfaz-SN cream?
Surfaz SN cream is a topical medicine and is unlikely to affect the ability your driving ability.
Can I consume alcohol with Surfaz-SN cream?
There is no direct interaction between alcohol and Surfaz-SN cream. However, you should avoid consuming alcohol as it can worsen the infection and delay healing.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You experience any allergic reactions to the skin after applying this cream.
- You experience other infections after applying this cream.
- You have any condition other than that prescribed by your doctor.
- You are applying this cream for a prolonged duration on a larger skin area or more than the prescribed duration.
- Your eyes come in contact with this medicine, rinse your eyes with clean water immediately.
- Surfaz-SN cream should not be used on children under 12 years of age.
Mode of Action of Surfaz Sn Cream
How Does It Work?
- Beclomethasone is a steroid that acts by blocking the synthesis of prostaglandins, a natural substance that is responsible for itching, swelling and redness.
- Clotrimazole works by inhibiting the formation of a fungal cell wall component which leads to altered permeability and growth of fungus causing infection.
- Neomycin is an antibiotic agent which is widely used for treating various bacterial infections of the skin. It works by inhibiting the growth and multiplication of bacteria causing infection.
- Collectively all these medicines work more effectively by reducing the infection and inflammation of the skin.
Directions for Use of Surfaz Sn Cream
- Use Surfaz-SN cream as directed by your doctor, for external use only.
- Apply it on the skin surface free from cuts & wounds.
- Wash your hands before & after using this medicine unless you are using this medicine to treat your hands.
- Apply it in the thin film covering the infected area and let it get absorbed.
- Avoid touching the tip of the container directly on the infected area of the skin.
Interactions of Surfaz Sn Cream
Interactions with other medicines
- Surfaz-SN cream is meant for local application on the skin and thus it is less likely to interact with other medicines taken orally. However, it may interact with other topically applied medicines. Discuss it with your doctor if you are already on another topical medicine....
- Other medicines like Ritonavir, Cidofovir, Cisplatin, Amphotericin B, painkillers like Ibuprofen, antibiotics like Amikacin, Tobramycin, Rifampin and Rifabutin should be used cautiously.
Storage and disposal of Surfaz Sn Cream
- Store Surfaz-SN cream below 30°C in a dry place.
- Keep it out of the reach of children and pets.
Dosage of Surfaz Sn Cream
As Surfaz-SN cream is meant for external application, cases of an overdose are unlikely. However, upon accidental ingestion, contact your doctor immediately or visit your nearest hospital. If you have overapplied it, wipe out excess medicine with a tissue or cotton....
Missed a Dose
If you have missed any dose of Surfaz-SN cream, apply it as soon as you remember. If it's time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Do not overapply this medicine to compensate for the missed application....
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: For how long do I need to use Surfaz-SN Cream?
A: You should continue applying this cream for the duration prescribed by your doctor. If you feel your symptoms are relieved and start feeling better, inform your treating doctor. To eradicate the infection completely you need to complete the entire course of treatment.
Q: How should I apply Surfaz-SN Cream?
A: Wash the affected area properly and dry it well. Then apply the cream over that area 2-3 times a day or do as directed by your doctor. Do not cover the area where you applied the cream with any dressing.
Q: Is Surfaz-SN cream good for fungal skin infections?
A: Surfaz-SN cream can be used for fungal infections if prescribed by your doctor. There are different types of fungal infections and it is important to consult a dermatologist for the correct advice. Refrain from using it for any other skin conditions as it contains steroids. Steroids can worsen certain skin infections. Hence, caution is needed.
Q: Can Surfaz-SN Cream be used in genital warts?
A: No, genital warts are caused due to viral infection. This medicine is not effective against viral infections.
Q: Is Surfaz-SN Cream a steroid?
A: Yes, it contains beclomethasone which is a steroid and is effective against inflammation and swelling.
Q: Can Surfaz-SN Cream be used on the face?
A: No, Surfaz-SN Cream should not be used on the face.
Q: Can Surfaz-SN Cream be used for yeast infection?
A: Yes, Surfaz-SN can be used for treating yeast infection, if prescribed by your doctor. Yeast infection is also a type of fungal skin infection.
Q: How many times a day I can use Surfaz-SN?
A: You should apply Surfaz-SN cream exactly as suggested by the doctor. The doctor will decide the duration and dose on the basis of the severity of the skin condition.
Q: Can I use my other topical preparations along with Surfaz-SN?
A: No, it is advised to maintain a gap of at least 2 - 3 hours between the applications of two different medicines.
Q: What is the Surfaz-SN cream used for?
A: Surfaz-SN cream is used to treat various skin infections caused by bacteria, fungi or mixed infections. It helps to manage symptoms like scratching, red sores, itching and rashes when associated with skin infections.
Q: What are the side effects of Surfaz-SN cream?
A: You may experience some application site reactions as side effects, but they normally fade away with time. Please report to your doctor if you notice the side effects persist or worsen.
Q: Can I stop applying Surfaz-SN cream when my symptoms are relieved?
A: No, you should not stop applying Surfaz-SN cream, even if you feel better. It is advised to always complete the full course of treatment, as your symptoms may improve before the infection is completely treated.
Q: Is Surfraz SN good for ringworm?
A: Yes, Surfraz SN can be used for ringworm, a fungal infection. It contains clotrimazole which is effective in treating fungal infection. Surfraz SN ointment provides relief from various infections such as bacterial, fungal, or mixed. It kills and prevents the growth of the infection, thus providing relief from the symptoms of infection.
- Franco-Indian Pharmaceuticals Pvt. Ltd. | Making healthcare work for you [Internet]. Francoindian.com. 2022 [cited 1 April 2022]
- Translipo-3-Cream [Internet]. Centaurpharma.com. 2022 [cited 1 April 2022]
- Clenil Modulite 250 micrograms inhaler - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 1 April 2022]
- Clotrimazole Cream 1% - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 1 April 2022]
Expires on or After