Clavix 75mg Strip Of 15 Tablets
By INTAS PHARMACEUTICALS LTD
15 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
15 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Clavix 75mg tablet is an antiplatelet medicine that contains clopidogrel as its active ingredient. This medicine reduces the risk of heart attack or stroke by preventing the formation of blood clots i
n the blood vessels. This medicine basically inhibits the activity of the enzyme that causes blood clotting. It is very important to tell your doctor if you have any underlying medical conditions and also about all the medicines, supplements you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interactions...
Uses of Clavix 75mg Strip Of 15 Tablets
- Clavix 75mg tablet used for the prevention of heart attacks and strokes in persons with a recent heart attack, recent stroke or blood circulation disease like a peripheral vascular disease.
- It is used in the treatment of a new heart attack, unstable angina and keeping blood vessels open and also preventing blood clots after certain procedures such as a cardiac stent.
Contraindications of Clavix 75mg Strip Of 15 Tablets
- If you are allergic to clopidogrel or any other ingredients of this medicine.
- If you have stomach ulcers.
- If you have severe liver disease.
- If you recently had a brain stroke or clotting inside the brain.
Side effects of Clavix 75mg Strip Of 15 Tablets
- Indigestion or heartburn
- Stomach pain
- Abnormal bleeding or bruising
- Bleeding in the nose or stomach
Precautions and Warnings of Clavix 75mg Strip Of 15 Tablets
Can I take the Clavix 75mg tablet during pregnancy?
There is limited information on the use of this medicine during pregnancy. Hence, it is recommended not to use the same unless it is prescribed by your doctor.
Can I drive if I have consumed this medicine?
The medication does not affect one's ability to drive. However, do not drive until you know how this medicine affects you.
Can I consume alcohol with this medicine?
Patients should avoid drinking too much alcohol with clopidogrel as it may increase the chances of stomach ulcers bleeding.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You may experience diarrhoea or an upset stomach after taking this medicine.
- You are already taking any medicines associated with the risk of bleeding. Caution is advised.
- You are suffering from any kind of blood disorders.
- You recently had a brain stroke or blood clot inside the brain.
- You are suffering from kidney or liver diseases.
- You are allergic to any specific medicines.
- You are undergoing any surgery.
- You should not self-prescribe clopidogrel to other people who have similar signs and symptoms that you have.
Mode of Action of Clavix 75mg Strip Of 15 Tablets
How Does It Work?
Clavix 75mg tablet acts by blocking the enzymes which are responsible for the platelets to stick together that form harmful blood clots. This prevents platelets from sticking together and keeps blood
flowing smoothly in the blood vessels....
Directions for Use of Clavix 75mg Strip Of 15 Tablets
- The patient should continue to take clopidogrel as per the doctor’s recommendation. Talk with your doctor about stopping or continuing the Clavix 75mg tablet dosage before or after you have surgery.
Interactions of Clavix 75mg Strip Of 15 Tablets
Interactions with other medicines
- Concurrent use of antacids like omeprazole can reduce the activity of Clavix 75mg tablet if taken at the same time.
- Sometimes Clavix 75mg tablet may affect the way other medicines work and other medicines may affect how this medicine works if taken at the same time. Tell your doctor about all the medicines, supplements or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interactions....Read more
- Especially, if you are taking medicines like any other blood thinners like warfarin or anti-platelet medicines like aspirin, heparin, painkillers, medicines used for brain-related disorders like fluoxetine, anti-HIV medicine, etc. As concomitant use of these medicines with Clavix 75mg tablet can increase the risk of bleeding....Read more
- Other medicines which are to be used with caution are anti-cancer medicines, anti-diabetics, anti-epileptic medicines or anti-fungal antibiotics like fluconazole.
Storage and disposal of Clavix 75mg Strip Of 15 Tablets
- .Store it in original packing to protect it from light.
- Try to keep out of the reach of children and pets.
Dosage of Clavix 75mg Strip Of 15 Tablets
In case of an overdose known side effects of Clavix 75mg tablet can appear, especially bleeding symptoms which can be fatal. If you have taken too much of this medicine then contact your doctor or rea
ch out to the nearest hospital immediately....
Missed a Dose
If a patient has missed taking Clavix 75mg tablet dose as per the recommendation, use the medicine as soon as possible. If it is very close to your next dose, skip the missed dose and continue with yo
ur regular dosing schedule. You should not use double the amount for compensation as it can lead to fatal complications....
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Should the patient stop taking this medicine before dental treatment?
A: The patient should inform the doctor about the recommendation of clopidogrel and should stop taking this medicine only on the doctor's advice.
Q: If the patient is having an oral ulcer, should he stop taking clopidogrel?
A: The patient should inform the doctor about ulcers and should stop taking this medicine only on the doctors’ advice.
Q: What special precautions should I follow while taking the medication?
A: Inform your doctor about all the other prescription and non-prescription medications, vitamins, nutritional supplements and herbal products you are taking or will soon be taking. In particular, ensure you mention if you are taking anticoagulants (blood thinners) such as warfarin, aspirin and other nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs such as naproxen as your doctor may need to change the dosage of your medication or monitor for side effects.
Q: For how long do I need to take this medicine after the heart procedure?
A: Recovering from Cardiac bypass surgery takes time, it varies from person to person. For best results, follow your doctor's instructions and do not stop this medicine on your own without consulting your doctor.
Other Products from this Brand
Last Updated on: 23 Jun 2021 | 11:13 AM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
Offers Just for you
Flat 20% off + 20% cashback on your 1st medicine order
Get FLAT ₹150 instant discount via select ICICI debit and credit cards.
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved