Deplatt 75mg Strip Of 15 Tablets
Deplatt 75 MG Description
Deplatt tablet is an antiplatelet medicine. This tablet reduces the risk of formation of blood clots in the blood vessels and reduces the risk of heart attack, stroke and heart-related chest pain. It contains clopidogrel as an active ingredient. Deplatt inhibits the activity of an enzyme responsible for blood clotting.
Along with Deplatt, a slight modification in lifestyle, including a healthy diet, avoiding smoke and alcohol, weight loss, etc., is more helpful to manage the heart condition. This medicine is mostly prescribed to patients who are at high risk of heart strokes or cardiovascular diseases.
Clopilet tablet, Clopivas tablet, Clavix tablet, Clopicard tablet, Clopitab 75 tablet and Preva tablet are some other tablets with clopidogrel as an active component. Take Deplatt as advised by your doctor. Never miss the dose of this medicine. Inform the doctor before starting treatment with Deplatt tablet about the Over-the-counter (OTC) products and herbal preparations you are taking and discuss if you have a medical condition.
Uses of Deplatt 75 MG
- It is used to prevent blood clots after heart procedures like stenting, peripheral vascular disease, heart attack and strokes.
- It is used to treat unstable angina or chest pain.
Contraindications of Deplatt 75 MG
- If you are allergic to clopidogrel or other components of the Deplatt tablet.
- If you suffer from a condition that causes bleeding like a stomach ulcer or bleeding inside the brain.
- If you have a severe liver disorder.
Side effects of Deplatt 75 MG
- Stomach pain
- Indigestion or heartburn
- Abnormal bleeding or bruising
Precautions and Warnings of Deplatt 75 MG
Other General Warnings
- You suffer from a blood disorder.
- You had a brain stroke or blood clot inside the brain.
- You have kidney or liver disease.
- You suffer from Thrombotic Thrombocytopenic Purpura (TTP) - a condition causing fever and bruising under the skin, with or without tiredness, confusion, or jaundice.
- You have an allergy to a particular medicine.
- You are undergoing surgery (dental procedures included).
- Deplatt 75 tablet is not recommended for use in children.
Directions for Use of Deplatt 75 MG
Storage and disposal of Deplatt 75 MG
- Store at a cool and dry place away from direct heat or moisture.
- Keep it away from children and pets.
Quick Tips of Deplatt 75 MG
- Deplatt tablet is used to prevent blood clot formation in the hardened blood vessels, thus reducing the risk of heart attack, stroke and heart-related chest pain.
- Take this medicine as directed. Do not take more than the recommended daily dose.
- Inform your doctor if you are allergic to this medicine or any other ingredients of it.
- Before starting Deplatt 75 mg tablet, inform your doctor if you are pregnant, planning on becoming pregnant or breastfeeding.
- Also, inform your doctor about all other medicines that you are using and your complete medical history.
- Headache, nausea, vomiting and indigestion can be seen as side effects of this medicine. Inform your doctor if the side effects do not resolve over time.
- You should never stop taking Deplatt 75, even if you think you are feeling better, otherwise, it may increase the risk of having a heart stroke again.
- You can make some lifestyle changes while taking this medication to improve your health, such as giving up smoking, consuming less alcohol, exercising regularly and adhering to a healthy, balanced diet....
Dosage of Deplatt 75 MG
Missed a Dose
Mode of Action of Deplatt 75 MG
How Does It Work?
Interactions of Deplatt 75 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Sometimes medicine affects the way other medicines work, and other medicines affect how the medicine works if taken at the same time.
- Inform the doctor regarding the medicines, supplements or herbals you take or might take to avoid possible interaction.
- If you are taking medicines like other blood thinners like warfarin or anti-platelet medicines like aspirin, heparin, painkillers, medicines used for brain-related disorders like fluoxetine, anti-HIV medicine, etc as concomitant use of these medicines with Deplatt tablet increase the risk of bleeding....
- Simultaneous use of antacids like omeprazole decreases the effectiveness of the Deplatt tablet if taken along.
- Other medicines that must be used with caution are anti-cancer medicines, anti-diabetics, anti-epileptic medicines or anti-fungal antibiotics like fluconazole.
Interactions with food items
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: How do I know if Deplatt tablet is working?
Q: What precautions must I follow while taking Deplatt tablet?
Q: How long must I take Deplatt tablet after bypass surgery?
Q: When and how must I take Deplatt tablet?
Q: Is Deplatt 75 tablet a blood thinner?
Q: Is Deplatt A and Deplatt 75 same?
Q: Can I take aspirin along with Deplatt 75?
Q: What are the side effects of Deplatt?
Q: Is Deplatt a steroid?
Q: What is the use of Deplatt 75 tablet?
- Clopidogrel 75 mg film-coated tablets - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 9 May 2022]
- CDSCO - Clopidogrel [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2022 [cited 9 May 2022]
- Clopidogrel 75 mg film-coated tablets - Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 9 May 2022]