Claridin Dt 5mg Tablet
Claridin Dt 5 MG Description
Claridin Dt Tablet contains loratadine, an anti-allergic medicine. It works by blocking the action of the natural chemical histamine in the body. Claridin Dt helps to relieve allergic symptoms like a
runny or blocked nose, watery eyes, itching and redness of the skin. It should not be used for children below 2-years of age. This medicine can make you feel drowsy, tired, have headaches and increased appetite. Inform your doctor if you have any other medical conditions and are on any medicines.
Uses of Claridin Dt 5 MG
Contraindications of Claridin Dt 5 MG
Side effects of Claridin Dt 5 MG
- Increased appetite
- Worried behaviour
Precautions and Warnings of Claridin Dt 5 MG
Other General Warnings
- You or your child has liver or kidney disease.
- You are about to have skin tests, you have to stop taking this medicine at least 48 hours before skin testing.
- Claridin Dt Tablet is not recommended for children below 2-years of age.
Mode of Action of Claridin Dt 5 MG
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Claridin Dt 5 MG
- Claridin Dt Tablet should be taken as directed by your doctor. Swallow it whole with a glass of water. Take it at a fixed time for optimal results.
- Do not consume it more than that prescribed by your doctor.
Interactions of Claridin Dt 5 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Concomitant use of ketoconazole, erythromycin and cimetidine with Claridin Dt Tablet can increase the effect of loratadine.
- Discuss with your doctor about any other medicine, herbal preparation and supplements you are taking currently to avoid possible drug interactions.
Storage and disposal of Claridin Dt 5 MG
- Store this medicine below 25°C in a cool and dry place.
- Protect it from light and moisture.
- Keep it out of the reach and sight of children and pets.
Dosage of Claridin Dt 5 MG
Missed a Dose
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Can Claridin Dt Tablet make you sleepy?
Q: Is Claridin Dt Tablet effective?
Q: When and how to take Claridin Dt Tablet?
- Loratadine 10mg Tablets - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 9 May 2022]
- Loratadine 10mg Tablets - Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 9 May 2022]
- CDSCO [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2022 [cited 9 May 2022]