Cita S Forte Tablets
Cita S Forte Tablets Description
Cita S Forte Tab is a prescription medicine that is used in the treatment of anxiety disorders. Anxiety disorder comprises a group of symptoms like a sense of impending danger, trouble concentrating,
increased heart rate, panic, feeling weak or tired, overthinking about anything. Cita S Forte Tab is a combination of two medicines, Clonazepam and Escitalopram, that act on the brain by decreasing the excessive activity of the neurons or nerve cells. It also increases the level of certain chemical messenger in the brain, thereby improving mood. It is advised to take the tablet regularly at the same time. It can be taken with or without food. You should stick to the dose prescribed by your doctor for optimum benefit from the medication. It is a habit-forming medicine. Hence, the dose requirements should be guided by your doctor to avoid any overdose. Do not stop taking Cita S Forte Tab without consulting your doctor. Some of the common side effects that can be expected after starting the treatment with Cita S Forte Tab are: dizziness, drowsiness, headache, confusion, stomach upset, nausea (feeling sick), sleeping problems, fatigue, breathlessness, poor coordination of movements, decreased libido (low sexual desire) and memory problems. If you are on any medication for longterm disease, you should inform your doctor as some medications can alter the blood levels of Cita S Forte Tab if consumed together. Also, inform your doctor if you are pregnant or willing to get pregnant while on treatment with Cita S Forte Tab.
|You Save||₹17.91 (15% on MRP)|
|Contains||Clonazepam(0.5 Mg) + Citalopram(10.0 Mg)|
|Uses||Treatment of Anxiety disorder|
|Side effects||Dry Mouth, Headache, Dizziness, Nausea and Vomiting, Increased Sweating, Diarrhoea Constipation, Abdominal Pain, Flatulence, Fatigue, Abnormal Dreaming, Decreased appetite, Decreased Libido, Ejaculation Disorder, Impotence, Menstrual Disorders|
|Therapy||ANTI-ANXIETY AND ANTI-DEPRESSANT|
Uses of Cita S Forte Tablets
- Treatment of Anxiety disorder
Contraindications of Cita S Forte Tablets
- If you are allergic to Escitalopram or Clonazepam or any other ingredient of this tablet.
- If you are on treatment with Monoamine Oxidase Inhibitors (MAOIs) like Phenelzine and Selegiline.
- If you have liver failure.
- If you are suffering from glaucoma (a painful eye condition that occurs when fluid pressure inside your eye rises quickly)
- If you have a decreased lung function
- If you are susceptible to breathing fluid into the lungs (aspiration).
- If you are suffering from kidney disease with a likely reduction in kidney function.
- If you have an alcohol-dependence disorder.
Side effects of Cita S Forte Tablets
- Dry Mouth
- Nausea and Vomiting
- Abdominal Pain
- Decreased appetite
- Decreased Libido
- Ejaculation Disorder
- Menstrual Disorders
Precautions and Warnings of Cita S Forte Tablets
Other General Warnings
- You have developed seizures for the first time after starting the medicine.
- You are on treatment with other antidepressant medications
- You are taking herbal or ayurvedic supplements like St John's wort, herbal medicine that helps treat depression.
- You have a planned surgery or a dental procedure.
- You have any suicidal or self-harming thoughts.
- You have a history of medicine or alcohol abuse. It also causes dependency if used for the long term. So, it is important to monitor the dosage and not use it for a long duration.
- You want to stop using Cita S Forte Tab. Suddenly stopping Cita S Forte Tab can cause withdrawal symptoms like tremors, sweating, nausea, muscle pain, etc.
- Note: The majority of side effects are self-limiting and will go away once you've gotten used to the dose. However, if any of these symptoms last for a long time or you experience any serious side effects, consult your doctor immediately....
Mode of Action of Cita S Forte Tablets
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Cita S Forte Tablets
- Cita S Forte Tab should be used as advised by your doctor.
- Cita S Forte Tab can be taken with or without food.
- The tablet should be swallowed whole along with a glass of water.
- You should not break or chew a Cita S Forte Tab.
- Cita S Forte Tab should be taken at a fixed time every day to maintain a constant level of medicine in the body and achieve the desired clinical effect.
Interactions of Cita S Forte Tablets
Interactions with other medicines
- Monoamine oxidase (MAO) inhibitors, such as Selegiline - the risk of serotonin syndrome (a serious medical condition characterised by symptoms like agitation or restlessness, Confusion, Insomnia. Rapid heart rate, high blood pressure., loss of muscle coordination)...
- Opiates or narcotic pain relievers (such as codeine, fentanyl, tramadol, etc.) increase the medicine’s sedative effect.
- Allergy medicine like Cetirizine, muscle relaxants, and cold or cough medicine increases the sedative effect of the medicine.
- Blood thinners/Antiplatelet agents like Aspirin increases the risk of bleeding.
- Medicine that inhibits the metabolism of Cita S Forte Tab, like Cimetidine increases blood levels of Cita S Forte Tab.
- Antibiotics like Linezolid - the risk of serotonin syndrome
- Beta-blockers like Metoprolol increases the concentration of Metoprolol in the blood.
Interactions with food items
- When consumed along with Cita S Forte Tab, Tea and coffee can minimise the calming effect of the medicine. You can take a Cita S Forte Tab with or without a meal. But if you are experiencing any abdominal discomfort, take it after eating food....
Storage and disposal of Cita S Forte Tablets
Dosage of Cita S Forte Tablets
Missed a Dose
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Can I use a Cita S Forte Tab as a sleeping pill?
Q: Can I give Cita S Forte Tab to children?
Q: Is Cita S Forte Tab a habit-forming medicine?
Q: For how long should I take the Cita S Forte Tab to notice its benefits?
- Clonazepam (Klonopin). (n.d.). Nami.Org. Retrieved March 2, 2022, from
- Clonazepam: Medlineplus Drug Information [Internet]. MedlinePlus. U.S. National Library of Medicine; [cited 2022 Mar 3]. Available from
- Landy K. Escitalopram [Internet]. StatPearls [Internet]. US National Library of Medicine. 2021 [cited 2022 Mar 2] - Available from
- CDSCO [Internet]. cdscoonline.gov.in. 2022 [cited 2022 Mar 2] - Available from: