Cilentra 5mg Tab
By STRIDES SHASUN LIMITED
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
This product is discontinued
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Cilentra tablet manages depression and panic disorders. Cilentra tablet works by increasing the amount of serotonin, a natural substance in the brain that maintains mental balance. It should be taken as prescribed by your doctor. The duration and dose of taking Recita vary depending on your condition and age. Side effects of Cilentra tablets include excessive sleepiness, headache, and inability to remember things. Before starting treatment with the Cilentra tablet, you must consult your doctor and get complete information on its potential side effects and benefits....
|You Save||₹8.82 (18% on MRP)|
|Best Offer||Use Code: 18SAVE & get 18% discount|
|Uses||Depression, Panic disorder|
|Side effects||Headache, nausea, drowsiness, dry mouth, excessive sweating|
Check more medicines with composition as Citalopram(5.0 Mg)
Uses of Cilentra 5 MG
- Panic Disorders (sudden, unexpected fear) including fear of open spaces or crowd
Contraindications of Cilentra 5 MG
- If you are allergic to citalopram or any of the components present in the medicine.
- If you are taking medicines categorised under Monoamine Oxidase Inhibitors (MAOIs) (a type of medicine used to manage depression) such as moclobemide or linezolid.
- If you are taking medicines such as pimozide for mental illness.
- If you are born with or suffering from a heart problem that may cause an irregular heartbeat.
- If you are taking medicine, that may result in an irregular heartbeat.
Side effects of Cilentra 5 MG
- Drowsiness or changes in sleep pattern
- Excessive sweating and dry mouth
Precautions and Warnings of Cilentra 5 MG
Can I take Cilentra tablets during pregnancy?
No, Cilentra tablet is not safe to be taken during pregnancy as it is known to cause problems in the newborn. However, consult your doctor before starting Cilentra medicine.
Can I take Cilentra tablets while breastfeeding?
While breastfeeding, avoid taking Cilentra tablets as it is found to be excreted in breast milk and cause abnormalities in the newborn. If you notice that your child is sleeping more than regular days, facing difficulty breathing, or sucking, immediately consult your doctor
Can I drive if I have taken Cilentra tablets?
No, it is not safe to drive when taking a Cilentra tablet. Cilentra tablets may cause a reduction of mental and physical abilities required while driving a car. It may induce drowsiness, dizziness, confusion, memory loss, and inability to think and judge. It is thus not recommended to drive a car when under this medication.
Can I consume alcohol with the Cilentra tablets?
No, alcohol must be avoided with Cilentra tablets as it causes all the side effects of an overdose which can be fatal.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You are suffering from liver, kidney, or heart diseases.
- You have epilepsy or any history of fits or seizures.
- You are suffering from problems in your eye, such as glaucoma (increased pressure in your eyes leading to eye pain and headache).
- You have diabetes.
- You are suffering or have suffered from bleeding disorders or taking any medicine that may make your blood thin.
- You are taking a diet with low sodium content or taking medicine to manage high blood pressure.
- You recently suffered from a heart attack.
Mode of Action of Cilentra 5 MG
How Does It Work?
Cilentra tablet contains citalopram as an active ingredient, known to act by raising the brain's calming chemical (serotonin) level. Serotonin balances the mood and feelings in an individual and aids in better sleep and digestion. Citalopram, an active ingredient in Cilentra tablet tablets, increases the level of serotonin in the body, lightens the mood and maintains a mental balance....
Directions for Use of Cilentra 5 MG
- Cilentra tablets must be taken as per the doctor’s prescription at the same time to ensure better efficacy and benefits.
- Cilentra tablets can be taken with or without food.
- Make sure to swallow the Cilentra tablet as a whole and do not chew, crush or break it.
Interactions of Cilentra 5 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Cilentra tablet when taken with medicines:
- To treat severe pain (tramadol) - causes serotonin syndrome characterised by muscle spasms, shivering, sweating, and confusion.
- To decrease the risk of bleeding (warfarin) - causes opposite effects and toxicity of warfarin
- For migraine (sumatriptan, almotriptan, metoprolol) - causes an increase in the chances of its side effects
- To manage high blood pressure (diltiazem); antibiotics (erythromycin); acidity medicines (omeprazole, cimetidine) - causes an increase in the severity of heart problems
- For the treatment of fits or epilepsy (phenytoin, carbamazepine) - causes toxicity of the Cilentra tablets
- To treat fungal infections (ketoconazole) - makes the Cilentra tablet ineffective
- For the treatment of depression (buprenorphine); Parkinson’s disease such as procyclidine - suppresses the brain activity abnormally even to cause coma.
- Painkillers such as ibuprofen and aspirin - increases the risk of gastrointestinal bleeding
Interactions with food items
- Cilentra tablet may interact adversely with
- St. John’s Wort (herbal medicine for depression) to produce adverse effects and toxicity of the medicine.
- Tryptophan contains dietary supplements (milk, cheese, oats) to increase the chances of side effects.
Storage and disposal of Cilentra 5 MG
Store Cilentra tablets at room temperature away from the sight of children and pets. It must be protected from moisture and sunlight to maintain its efficacy. Safely dispose of the Cilentra tablets to not be consumed by children and pets....
Dosage of Cilentra 5 MG
Symptoms of an overdose of Cilentra tablet can be fatal and cause drowsiness and coma. Symptoms of an overdose of Cilentra tablet may include nausea (feeling sick), vomiting (being sick), sweating, uncontrolled shaking of a part of the body, fast breathing, fast and irregular heartbeat, and dark coloured urine. If you have taken extra Cilentra tablets accidentally, immediately visit your doctor or the nearest hospital....
Missed a Dose
Cilentra tablets is generally prescribed to be taken once daily with food at night before bedtime. Take the missed dose as soon as you remember within the dose duration. If the duration of taking the missed dose is over, take the next dose. Taking double doses may lead to overdose....
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Can I give a Cilentra tablet to children?
A: Cilentra tablets are not meant to be given to children and adolescents below 18 as they may develop side effects such as being aggressive, hostile, and agitated.
Q: I have been taking a Cilentra tablet for a week now but do not see much improvement in my condition. Should I stop taking it?
A: No, you should not stop taking a Cilentra tablet suddenly without consulting your doctor. It may cause withdrawal symptoms like mood changes, depression, anxiety, headache, disturbed sleep, confusion and sweating.
Q: While taking Cilentra tablets, what other precautions should I take?
A: Cilentra tablets may cause the inability to stand or sit still and make you abnormally restless. If your conditions worsen, visit the doctor immediately. You may also experience irregularities in the heartbeat after taking this medicine. If symptoms do not go away, you must consult your doctor.
Expires on or After
The information provided herein is supplied to the best of our abilities to make it accurate and reliable as it is published after a review by a team of professionals. This information is solely intended to provide a general overview on the product and must be used for informational purposes only. You should not use the information provided herein to diagnose, prevent, or cure a health problem. Nothing contained on this page is intended to create a doctor-patient relationship, replace or be a substitute for a registered medical practitioner's medical treatment/advice or consultation. The absence of any information or warning to any medicine shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance. We highly recommend that you consult your registered medical practitioner for all queries or doubts related to your medical condition. You hereby agree that you shall not make any health or medical-related decision based in whole or in part on anything contained in the Site. Please click here for detailed T&C.