Cilentra 5mg Tablets
Cilentra 5 MG Description
Cilentra tablet manages depression and panic disorders. Cilentra tablet works by increasing the amount of serotonin, a natural substance in the brain that maintains mental balance. It should be taken
as prescribed by your doctor. The duration and dose of taking Recita vary depending on your condition and age. Side effects of Cilentra tablets include excessive sleepiness, headache, and inability to remember things. Before starting treatment with the Cilentra tablet, you must consult your doctor and get complete information on its potential side effects and benefits.
Uses of Cilentra 5 MG
- Panic Disorders (sudden, unexpected fear) including fear of open spaces or crowd
Contraindications of Cilentra 5 MG
- If you are allergic to citalopram or any of the components present in the medicine.
- If you are taking medicines categorised under Monoamine Oxidase Inhibitors (MAOIs) (a type of medicine used to manage depression) such as moclobemide or linezolid.
- If you are taking medicines such as pimozide for mental illness.
- If you are born with or suffering from a heart problem that may cause an irregular heartbeat.
- If you are taking medicine, that may result in an irregular heartbeat.
Side effects of Cilentra 5 MG
- Drowsiness or changes in sleep pattern
- Excessive sweating and dry mouth
Precautions and Warnings of Cilentra 5 MG
Other General Warnings
- You are suffering from liver, kidney, or heart diseases.
- You have epilepsy or any history of fits or seizures.
- You are suffering from problems in your eye, such as glaucoma (increased pressure in your eyes leading to eye pain and headache).
- You have diabetes.
- You are suffering or have suffered from bleeding disorders or taking any medicine that may make your blood thin.
- You are taking a diet with low sodium content or taking medicine to manage high blood pressure.
- You recently suffered from a heart attack.
Mode of Action of Cilentra 5 MG
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Cilentra 5 MG
- Cilentra tablets must be taken as per the doctor’s prescription at the same time to ensure better efficacy and benefits.
- Cilentra tablets can be taken with or without food.
- Make sure to swallow the Cilentra tablet as a whole and do not chew, crush or break it.
Interactions of Cilentra 5 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Cilentra tablet when taken with medicines:
- To treat severe pain (tramadol) - causes serotonin syndrome characterised by muscle spasms, shivering, sweating, and confusion.
- To decrease the risk of bleeding (warfarin) - causes opposite effects and toxicity of warfarin
- For migraine (sumatriptan, almotriptan, metoprolol) - causes an increase in the chances of its side effects
- To manage high blood pressure (diltiazem); antibiotics (erythromycin); acidity medicines (omeprazole, cimetidine) - causes an increase in the severity of heart problems
- For the treatment of fits or epilepsy (phenytoin, carbamazepine) - causes toxicity of the Cilentra tablets
- To treat fungal infections (ketoconazole) - makes the Cilentra tablet ineffective
- For the treatment of depression (buprenorphine); Parkinson’s disease such as procyclidine - suppresses the brain activity abnormally even to cause coma.
- Painkillers such as ibuprofen and aspirin - increases the risk of gastrointestinal bleeding
Interactions with food items
- Cilentra tablet may interact adversely with
- St. John’s Wort (herbal medicine for depression) to produce adverse effects and toxicity of the medicine.
- Tryptophan contains dietary supplements (milk, cheese, oats) to increase the chances of side effects.