Chondryl Strip Of 6 Tablets
Chondryl Strip Of 6 Tablets Description
Chondryl Tablet is used in the treatment of osteoarthritis of the knee and hip joint. It is a combination medicine containing methyl sulfonyl methane (MSM), diacerein and glucosamine as the active in
gredients. It reduces the pain and swelling in the joint by tackling the inflammation. Chondryl Tablet promotes ease of movement by reducing the friction between the joints by increasing the cushioning effect between the joints. It should be taken as directed by the doctor and in doses and duration as prescribed. Inform your doctor if you are pregnant, planning a pregnancy or breastfeeding and about all the medicines and supplements you take and all the conditions or diseases you suffer from before starting Chondryl Tablet.
|You Save||₹24.46 (15% on MRP)|
|Contains||Diacerein(50.0 Mg) + Glucosamine(750.0 Mg) + Methylsulfonylmethane(250.0 Mg)|
|Uses||Osteoarthrithis of knees and hip joints|
|Side effects||Nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, constipation, stomach ache|
|Therapy||DRUGS FOR OSTEOARTHRITIS|
Uses of Chondryl Strip Of 6 Tablets
Contraindications of Chondryl Strip Of 6 Tablets
- If you are allergic to glucosamine, diacerein and Methyl Sulfonyl Methane (MSM) or any other component of Chondryl Tablet.
- If you have a liver or kidney problem.
Side effects of Chondryl Strip Of 6 Tablets
- Stomach ache
Precautions and Warnings of Chondryl Strip Of 6 Tablets
Other General Warnings
- You are already taking any other medication for the long term. The doctor might recommend monitoring liver function tests every six months.
- You have a history of liver diseases.
- It is advised to take medicine for as long as the doctor has prescribed it to you. It is usually prescribed for a long duration.
- You should avoid taking this medicine along with laxatives to avoid any drug interaction.
Mode of Action of Chondryl Strip Of 6 Tablets
How Does It Work?
- Methyl Sulfonyl Methane (MSM) acts as a nutritional supplement to the bones. It contains sulphur which is vital in the production of collagen and glucosamine, which in turn help in strengthening and repairing the bones and joints....
- Diacerein works by blocking the actions of a chemical substance called interleukin-1 beta, which leads to swelling, pain and degradation of cartilage at the joints. It also helps in the build-up of cartilage, thereby aiding in joint repair and healing....
- Glucosamine is a chemical substance found in the fluid around the joints (synovial fluid). It helps the synthesis of synovial fluid, which keeps the joints lubricated and provides better movement and flexibility. It promotes the build-up of cartilage, thereby helping in joint repair and reducing pain and improving its healing....
Directions for Use of Chondryl Strip Of 6 Tablets
- Chondryl Tablet should be taken as directed by your doctor.
- Swallow the tablet as a whole with a glass of water.
- Do not chew, break or crush the tablet.
- Take the tablet at a fixed time for optimal results.
- Check the expiry date before use.
Interactions of Chondryl Strip Of 6 Tablets
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines can affect the way the Chondryl Tablet works or the Chondryl itself can affect the action of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Tell your doctor about all the medicines you are taking, recently taken or might take to avoid any possible interactions.
- Mainly if you are on certain medications such as anticoagulants like warfarin, antidiabetic medicines like tolbutamide, antipsychotic medicines like Chlorpromazine, NSAIDs like aspirin, indomethacin, etc....
Storage and disposal of Chondryl Strip Of 6 Tablets
- Store at a temperature below 25°C in a cool, dry place.
- Keep out of reach of children and pets.
- Dispose of the tablet if it has passed its expiry date