Cexime 100mg Tablets
Cexime 100 MG Description
Cexime Tablet is an antibiotic medicine containing cefixime as its active ingredient. It is used in treating bacterial infections of the urinary tract, lungs, throat, airways, tonsils, middle ear and
cervical/urethral infections. It is also used to treat typhoid fever. It works by interfering with the synthesis of the cell wall of bacteria, this leads to the death of the bacteria responsible for the infection. Cexime Tablet should be taken as directed by the doctor and in the correct doses and for the exact duration as prescribed. Do not miss any doses or stop taking this medicine on your own. You must complete the course of antibiotics, discontinuing the treatment on your own, leads to antibiotic resistance and the recurrence of infection makes this medicine less effective for future infections.
- Cefxtrue 100mg Strip Of 10 TabletsBy Avighna Medicare Pvt Ltd10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 70.00₹ 59.50₹
- Taxim O Dt 100mg TabletBy Alkem Laboratories Ltd10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 82.50₹ 82.50₹
- Cefolac Dt 100mg TabletBy Macleods Pharmaceuticals10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 82.50₹ 71.77₹
- Zifi Dt 100mg TabletBy Fdc Limited10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 86.90₹ 60.83₹
Uses of Cexime 100 MG
- Cexime Tablet is used for the treatment of bacterial infections of the ear, nose or sinuses (such as sinusitis), urinary system (such as bladder and kidney infections), throat infections (such as tonsillitis, pharyngitis) and lungs (such as bronchitis, pneumonia)....
- It is also effective for typhoid (enteric) fever and gonorrhoea.
Contraindications of Cexime 100 MG
- If you are allergic to cefixime or any other ingredients of Cexime Tablet.
- If you are allergic to any similar antibiotics, including Penicillin.
Side effects of Cexime 100 MG
- Stomach pain
Precautions and Warnings of Cexime 100 MG
Other General Warnings
- You have problems with your liver or kidneys.
- You experience skin reactions after taking Cexime Tablet.
- You have or had encephalopathy (damage or disease that affects the brain and alters the way the brain works).
- You are suffering from a condition called haemolytic anaemia (a condition where red blood cells get broken down faster than they are formed).
- You experience watery diarrhoea, stomach pain and fever.
- You develop any allergic reaction after using Cexime Tablet.
Mode of Action of Cexime 100 MG
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Cexime 100 MG
- Cexime Tablet should be taken as directed by your doctor.
- Swallow it as a whole with a glass of water, do not cut, break or chew the medicine.
- It would be best if you took it at a fixed time for optimal results and should not consume it more than that prescribed by your doctor.
- Always complete the course of antibiotic medicine and do not discontinue on your own.
Interactions of Cexime 100 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines can affect the way Cexime Tablet works or this medicine itself can reduce the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Tell your doctor about all the medicines, supplements or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interactions.
- Especially, if you are taking Carbamazepine (a medicine used to treat seizures) and blood thinners such as Warfarin.
- Cexime Tablet may alter the clotting parameters and there is a risk of unusual bleeding.
Storage and disposal of Cexime 100 MG
- Store Cexime Tablet below 25°C, protected from direct sunlight, heat and moisture.
- Keep it out of the reach of children and pets.
Dosage of Cexime 100 MG
Missed a Dose
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Can I take Cexime Tablet for fever and cold?
Q: Can I stop taking Cexime Tablet if I feel better?
Q: Can I take Cexime Tablet if I have flu?
Q: Why do I experience diarrhoea after taking Cexime Tablet?
- DailyMed - Cefixime Capsule [Internet]. Dailymed.nlm.nih.gov. 2021 [cited 13 May 2021]
- Ziprax Dispersible Tablets / Dry Syrup (Cefixime) [Internet]. Ciplamed.com. 2021 [cited 13 May 2021]
- Suprax 200 mg Tablets - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 13 May 2021]
- CDSCO - Cefixime [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2021 [cited 13 May 2021]