Centaflox Eye Drops 5ml
By CENTAUR PHARMACEUTICALS PVT LTD
5ml Eye Drop in Bottle
Inclusive of all taxes
7 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Centaflox 0.5 % Description
Centaflox Eye Drop contain Moxifloxacin an antibiotic medicine. It is used for the treatment of external bacterial infections of the eye. Centaflox works by stopping the growth of bacteria. You shoul
d complete the course given by your doctor and do not stop using Centaflox Eye Drop on your own.
|Uses||Bacterial eye infection|
|Side effects||Pain or irritation in the eye|
Check more medicines with composition as Moxifloxacin(0.5 %)
4 Generic Alternate(s)
Contains same composition as Centaflox Eye Drops 5ml
- Moxigram 0.5% Eye Drops 5mlBy Micro Labs5ml Eye Drop in BottleMRP 168.00₹ 142.802.92% CHEAPER₹ 28.56/Millilitre
- Moxisurge Eye DropsBy Bausch And Lomb5ml Eye Drop in BottleMRP 147.00₹ 138.186.05% CHEAPER₹ 27.64/Millilitre
- Moxiblu 0.5% Eye Drops 5mlBy Lupin5ml Eye Drop in BottleMRP 113.10₹ 96.1334.64% CHEAPER₹ 19.23/Millilitre
- Enmox Eye Drops 5mlBy Entod Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd5ml Eye Drop in BottleMRP 142.90₹ 121.4617.44% CHEAPER₹ 24.29/Millilitre
Uses of Centaflox 0.5 %
For the treatment of external bacterial infection of the eye.
Contraindications of Centaflox 0.5 %
If you are allergic to moxifloxacin or other medicines from the fluoroquinolone group of medicine or any of the other ingredients of Centaflox Eye Drop.
Side effects of Centaflox 0.5 %
Pain or irritation in the eye
Precautions and Warnings of Centaflox 0.5 %
Can I instill Centaflox Eye Drop during pregnancy?
Centaflox is to be used locally as Eye Drop only and there are fewer chances of absorption in the blood. Still, this medicine should be used under medical supervision by a pregnant woman.
Can I instill Centaflox Eye Drop while breastfeeding?
Centaflox is to be used locally as Eye Drop only and there are fewer chances of absorption in breast milk and blood. Still, this medicine should be used under medical supervision by a lactating woman.
Can I drive if I have instilled Centaflox Eye Drop?
Centaflox causes temporary blurring of vision. Avoid driving until your vision is clear.
Can I consume alcohol with Centaflox Eye Drop?
Alcohol is not known to interact with Centaflox. However, if you consume alcohol too often discuss it with your doctor.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have swelling of throat, face, itching over body or breathing difficulty.
- You are using contact lenses.
- You are having eye infection caused due to bacteria of genital infection.
Mode of Action of Centaflox 0.5 %
How Does It Work?
Moxifloxacin is an antibiotic, it works by stopping the growth of genetic material of the bacteria. Over time, the infection gets treated.
Directions for Use of Centaflox 0.5 %
- Use Centaflox Eye Drop as instructed by your doctor.
- Follow directions carefully & do not miss doses.
- Wash your hands thoroughly before and after applying.
- Close your eyes for 2-3 minutes and do not blink or squeeze.
- Avoid touching your eyes with the dropper and it must be kept clean.
- Wipe any excess liquid from your face with a tissue.
- Use the exact number of drops recommended.
Interactions of Centaflox 0.5 %
Interactions with other medicines
Since Centaflox Eye Drop is to be used externally it is less likely to interact with other medicines. However, you should always consult your doctor if you are taking other medicines for treating other health conditions....
Storage and disposal of Centaflox 0.5 %
- Store at room temperature in a cool and dry place.
- Keep it out of the reach of children and pets.
Dosage of Centaflox 0.5 %
- As Centaflox Eye Drop is meant for external use, cases of overdose are unlikely. However, upon accidental ingestion contact your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital.
- If you have instilled extra drops of it, wash eyes thoroughly with water.
Missed a Dose
If you have missed the instillation of Eye Drop, instill it as soon as possible. Do not instill more drops just to compensate for the missed dose.
Dr. Mansi Savla
B. Pharm, PharmD
Dr. Ritu Budania
MBBS, MD (Pharmacology)
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Can Centaflox Eye Drop cause diarrhoea?
A: Centaflox Eye Drop does not cause diarrhoea. Diarrhoea is a side effect of antibiotic medicine taken by mouth.
Q: Is Centaflox Eye Drop a steroid medicine?
A: Centaflox Eye Drop contain moxifloxacin which belongs to the fluoroquinolone antibiotic group of medicine. It is not a steroid medicine.
Expires on or After
Other Products from this Brand
The information provided herein is supplied to the best of our abilities to make it accurate and reliable as it is published after a review by a team of professionals. This information is solely intended to provide a general overview on the product and must be used for informational purposes only. You should not use the information provided herein to diagnose, prevent, or cure a health problem. Nothing contained on this page is intended to create a doctor-patient relationship, replace or be a substitute for a registered medical practitioner's medical treatment/advice or consultation. The absence of any information or warning to any medicine shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance. We highly recommend that you consult your registered medical practitioner for all queries or doubts related to your medical condition. You hereby agree that you shall not make any health or medical-related decision based in whole or in part on anything contained in the Site. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed