Celitol Dt 50mg Tab
By ELDER PHARMACEUTICALS LTD
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
Non ReturnableRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Celitol Dt Tablet is an antibiotic medicine containing cefixime as its active ingredient. It is used in treating bacterial infections of the urinary tract, lungs, throat, airways, tonsils, middle ear
and cervical/urethral infections. It is also used to treat typhoid fever. It works by interfering with the synthesis of the cell wall of bacteria, this leads to the death of the bacteria responsible for the infection. Celitol Dt Tablet should be taken as directed by the doctor and in the correct doses and for the exact duration as prescribed. Do not miss any doses or stop taking this medicine on your own. You must complete the course of antibiotics, discontinuing the treatment on your own, leads to antibiotic resistance and the recurrence of infection makes this medicine less effective for future infections....
Uses of Celitol Dt 50mg Tab
- Celitol Dt Tablet is used for the treatment of bacterial infections of the ear, nose or sinuses (such as sinusitis), urinary system (such as bladder and kidney infections), throat infections (such astonsillitis, pharyngitis) and lungs (such as bronchitis, pneumonia)....Read more
- It is also effective for typhoid (enteric) fever and gonorrhoea.
Contraindications of Celitol Dt 50mg Tab
- If you are allergic to cefixime or any other ingredients of Celitol Dt Tablet.
- If you are allergic to any similar antibiotics, including Penicillin.
Side effects of Celitol Dt 50mg Tab
- Stomach pain
Precautions and Warnings of Celitol Dt 50mg Tab
Can I take Celitol Dt Tablet during pregnancy?
Since there is limited safety information available during pregnancy, Celitol Dt Tablet should not be used during pregnancy unless it is considered essential by your doctor.
Can I take Celitol Dt Tablet while breastfeeding?
It is unknown whether Cefixime passes into the breastmilk. Hence, it is advised to discontinue nursing temporarily if you are treated with Celitol Dt Tablet. If you are taking this medicine while breastfeeding, watch for diarrhoea in your baby.
Can I drive if I have consumed Celitol Dt Tablet?
Celitol Dt Tablet can cause side effects like confusion, altered consciousness, feeling less alert, fits. If you experience any of these, don’t drive or use machinery.
Can I consume alcohol with Celitol Dt Tablet?
No information is available on the interactions of Celitol Dt Tablet when taken with alcohol. However, alcohol may worsen the side effects of this medicine and delay the recovery from infection. Thus, avoid consuming alcohol while taking this antibiotic.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have problems with your liver or kidneys.
- You experience skin reactions after taking Celitol Dt Tablet.
- You have or had encephalopathy (damage or disease that affects the brain and alters the way the brain works).
- You are suffering from a condition called haemolytic anaemia (a condition where red blood cells get broken down faster than they are formed).
- You experience watery diarrhoea, stomach pain and fever.
- You develop any allergic reaction after using Celitol Dt Tablet.
Mode of Action of Celitol Dt 50mg Tab
How Does It Work?
Cefixime in Celitol Dt Tablet works by inhibiting the growth of the cell wall of bacteria, which eventually leads to the death of the bacteria.
Directions for Use of Celitol Dt 50mg Tab
- Celitol Dt Tablet should be taken as directed by your doctor.
- Swallow it as a whole with a glass of water, do not cut, break or chew the medicine.
- It would be best if you took it at a fixed time for optimal results and should not consume it more than that prescribed by your doctor.
- Always complete the course of antibiotic medicine and do not discontinue on your own.
Interactions of Celitol Dt 50mg Tab
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines can affect the way Celitol Dt Tablet works or this medicine itself can reduce the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Tell your doctor about all the medicines, supplements or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interactions.
- Especially, if you are taking Carbamazepine (a medicine used to treat seizures) and blood thinners such as Warfarin.
- Celitol Dt Tablet may alter the clotting parameters and there is a risk of unusual bleeding.
Storage and disposal of Celitol Dt 50mg Tab
- Store Celitol Dt Tablet below 25°C, protected from direct sunlight, heat and moisture.
- Keep it out of the reach of children and pets.
Dosage of Celitol Dt 50mg Tab
Seek medical care immediately in case you happen to take too much of Celitol Dt Tablet. This medicine may cause a risk of encephalopathy (damage to your brain) if taken in large quantities.
Missed a Dose
It is advisable to complete the course of antibiotics. Do not miss any dose. If you have missed taking any dose of Celitol Dt Tablet, then take it as early as you remember. If it is the time for your
next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosage schedule....
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Can I take Celitol Dt Tablet for fever and cold?
A: No, Celitol Dt Tablet is a higher antibiotic and reserved for severe infections. This medicine should be taken only if your doctor considers it essential for you. Also, this medicine is not meant for viral infections.
Q: Can I stop taking Celitol Dt Tablet if I feel better?
A: No, you must not stop taking Celitol Dt Tablet even if you feel better or symptoms of the infections go away. Complete the entire course of this medicine to avoid antibiotic resistance and effective treatment of infection.
Q: Can I take Celitol Dt Tablet if I have flu?
A: No, Celitol Dt Tablet is an antibiotic medicine and not effective against flu, which is usually caused by a virus.
Q: Why do I experience diarrhoea after taking Celitol Dt Tablet?
A: Antibiotics sometimes can affect the normal bacterial flora of the colon, along with acting on harmful bacteria. Some of these good bacteria play an important role in digestion and absorption and affecting them can alter these processes. This is why you experience diarrhoea with antibiotic treatment.
- DailyMed - Cefixime Capsule [Internet]. Dailymed.nlm.nih.gov. 2021 [cited 13 May 2021]
- Ziprax Dispersible Tablets / Dry Syrup (Cefixime) [Internet]. Ciplamed.com. 2021 [cited 13 May 2021]
- Suprax 200 mg Tablets - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 13 May 2021]
- CDSCO - Cefixime [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2021 [cited 13 May 2021]
Other Products from this Brand
Last Updated on: 15 May 2021 | 11:07 AM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
Offers Just for you
Buy 2 or more healthcare products & get an additional 10% off
Flat 15% off + up to Rs.1000 cashback
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved