Ceftas 200mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
Ceftas 200 MG Description
Ceftas 200 tablet is used for the treatment of bacterial infections of the urinary tract, lungs, throat and airways, gallbladder and bile duct. It is also used in the treatment of typhoid fever. It is an antibiotic medicine containing cefixime as its active ingredient.
Taxim O 200mg tablet, Zifi 200mg tablet, Cefix 200mg tablet, and Cefolac 200mg tablet are other tablets containing cefixime as the main ingredient. Cefixime in tab Ceftas acts by inhibiting the growth of infection-causing bacteria. Take this medicine as advised by your doctor for the prescribed duration. You should take Ceftas 200 with meals to avoid stomach upset.
The course of the antibiotics should be completed as per the directions given by the doctor and it should not be stopped abruptly on your own. Stopping the course on your own may lead to antibiotic resistance and the recurrence of infection.
|You Save||₹13.93 (15% on MRP)|
|Side effects||Fever, nausea, diarrhoea, vomiting, stomach pain|
Uses of Ceftas 200 MG
- It is used to treat a wide range of bacterial infections such as infection of the ear.
- Infection of nose or sinuses (such as sinusitis).
- Infection of the urinary system (such as bladder and kidney infections).
- Throat infections (such as tonsillitis, pharyngitis).
- Infection of chest and lungs (such as bronchitis, pneumonia).
Contraindications of Ceftas 200 MG
Side effects of Ceftas 200 MG
- Stomach pain
- Sore throat
- Itching on the skin
Precautions and Warnings of Ceftas 200 MG
- There is limited information related to the effect of Ceftas 200 on pregnant women.
- Hence it is recommended not to use this medicine during pregnancy unless considered essential by your doctor.
Other General Warnings
- You have kidney disease or kidney failure.
- You have severe skin adverse reactions.
- You are suffering from encephalopathy (fits, confusion, altered consciousness, feeling less alert).
- You are suffering from a condition called haemolytic anaemia (the breakdown of red blood cells).
Directions for Use of Ceftas 200 MG
Storage and disposal of Ceftas 200 MG
- Store below 25°C. Protect it from light and moisture.
- Keep out of the reach of children and pets.
Quick Tips of Ceftas 200 MG
- Complete the course of Ceftas 200 tablet given by your doctor. Do not miss any doses and take your medicine on time.
- Ceftas 200 tablet is a higher antibiotic and reserved for specific infections only, do not self-medicate with this medicine. Take proper medical advice before taking this medicine.
- Inform your doctor about all other medicines you take and your medical history if any.
- Diarrhoea, nausea, vomiting, stomach pain and indigestion can be seen as side effects of this medicine, inform your doctor if the side effects do not resolve over time.
- Ceftas 200 tablet should be taken as prescribed by your doctor and for the duration, it has been prescribed.
Dosage of Ceftas 200 MG
Missed a Dose
Mode of Action of Ceftas 200 MG
How Does It Work?
Interactions of Ceftas 200 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines can affect the way Ceftas 200 works or tab Ceftas 200 itself can reduce the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Tell your doctor about all the medicines, supplements or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interaction.
- Especially, if you are taking medicines to treat high blood pressure, heart failure, high/abnormal cholesterol levels, blood thinners, anti-infectives, anti-diabetics, anti-asthmatics, pain killers, immunomodulatory medicines or medicines for the brain-related disorder....
- Medicine used as a blood thinner such as warfarin should be used with caution, as it increases the risk of bleeding when used along with this medicine.
Dr. Nikita Toshi
BDS (Bachelor of Dental Surgery)
Dr. Ritu Budania
MBBS, MD (Pharmacology)
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What should I discuss with my healthcare expert before taking Ceftas 200 tablet?
- Inform the doctor about your detailed medical & surgical history.
- Inform your doctor if you have liver or kidney disease.
- Inform your doctor if you are pregnant, breastfeeding or planning to have a baby.
Q: I was given Ceftas 200 tablet for urinary tract infection, after taking it for two days I am feeling perfectly fine, can I discontinue taking this medicine?
- No, this medicine is an antibiotic and antibiotics have to be taken for the complete course as prescribed by your doctor. Though you will be feeling better, some bacteria will still be alive in your system, this can lead to these bacteria becoming resistant to antibiotics. To ensure complete and effective treatment, take medicine for the full course even if you start feeling fine midway....
Q: I have fever and cold, can I take Ceftas 200 tablet?
Q: Can I stop taking Ceftas 200 tablet on my own if I feel better?
Q: Can I take Ceftas 200 tablet if I have fever?
Q: Can I take Ceftas 200 tablet for a stomach infection?
Q: Why do I experience diarrhoea after taking Ceftas 200 tablet?
Q: Can I start taking Ceftas 200 on my own for a throat infection?
Q: Can I take Ceftas 200 for viral fever?
Q: Is Ceftas 200 a steroid?
Q: What is the use of Ceftas 200?
Q: When should I take Ceftas 200?
Q: Can I take Ceftas 200 for covid-19?
- Suprax 200mg Tablets [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 8 April 2022]
- DailyMed - CEFIXIME capsule [Internet]. Dailymed.nlm.nih.gov. 2022 [cited 8 April 2022]
- [Internet]. Ciplamed.com. 2022 [cited 8 April 2022]
- Suprax 200 mg Tablets - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 8 April 2022]
- Cefixime [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2022 [cited 8 April 2022]