Cefrik 500mg Capsule
Cefrik 500 MG Description
Cefrik Capsule is an antibiotic medicine and is used to treat various bacterial infections such as infections of lungs, respiratory tract, urinary tract, skin and pneumonia. It contains cephalexin (c
efalexin) as its active component. Cefrik Capsule works by inhibiting the cell wall synthesis of bacteria, the absence of cell wall leads to the death of bacteria and cure of infection. Do not use it if you are allergic to Cephalexin or penicillin antibiotics. It should be taken as directed by the doctor and in the correct doses and for the exact duration as prescribed. Before using Cefrik Capsule, inform the doctor if you are pregnant, planning a pregnancy or breastfeeding and about your detailed medical history.
|You Save||₹1.65 (15% on MRP)|
|Contains||Cephalexin / Cefalexin(500.0 Mg)|
- Cephadex 500mg CapsuleBy Cipla Gx10 Capsule(s) in StripMRP 173.80₹ 139.04₹ 13.9/Capsule
- Sporidex 500mg CapsuleBy Sun Pharma10 Capsule(s) in StripMRP 230.00₹ 195.50₹ 19.55/Capsule
Uses of Cefrik 500 MG
Contraindications of Cefrik 500 MG
Side effects of Cefrik 500 MG
Precautions and Warnings of Cefrik 500 MG
Other General Warnings
- You have a history of allergy to Cefrik Capsule or any other antibiotics like penicillin, as much caution is required in such patients.
- You have liver or kidney problems; your doctor may adjust the dose accordingly.
- You experience any allergic reaction like skin rashes, etc. which may appear at the start of the treatment; the doctor may discontinue the medicine.
- Complete the course of the antibiotic even if you are feeling better after a few doses. Not completing the course of antibiotics can lead to resistance.
- If you get persistent diarrhoea, immediately inform your doctor.
- You find any other superinfection occurs during the treatment; the doctor should take appropriate measures. It may impair your blood test reports. So, talk to your doctor before any lab tests.
Mode of Action of Cefrik 500 MG
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Cefrik 500 MG
- Cefrik Capsule should be taken as directed by your doctor.
- Swallow it as a whole with a glass of water, do not cut, break or chew the medicine.
- It can be taken with or after food.
- It would be best if you take it at a fixed time for optimal results.
- You should not consume it more than that prescribed by your doctor.
Interactions of Cefrik 500 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Cefrik Capsule may interact with other medicines and produce an altered response. Please inform your doctor if you are using any other medicines, over-the-counter medicines and herbal preparations.
- Medicine used to treat gout such as probenecid should be used cautiously. Concomitant use of antibiotics such as streptomycin, gentamycin, water pills such as furosemide can increase the risk of kidney problems....
Storage and disposal of Cefrik 500 MG
- Store Cefrik Capsule below 25°C in a clean and dry place, protected from moisture, sunlight and heat.
- Keep this medicine away from children and pets.
Dosage of Cefrik 500 MG
Missed a Dose
- You should never miss your dose of antibiotics, as it may lead to treatment failure.
- If you have missed taking any dose of Cefrik Capsule, take it as soon as you remember.
- If it's time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule.
- Do not take a double dose of this medicine to compensate for the missed one.
Dr. Nikita Toshi
BDS (Bachelor of Dental Surgery)
Dr. Ritu Budania
MBBS, MD (Pharmacology)
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What should I discuss with my healthcare provider before taking Cefrik Capsule?
- Inform the doctor about your detailed medical & surgical history.
- Inform your physician if you have any liver or kidney diseases.
- Inform your doctor if you are pregnant, breastfeeding or planning a pregnancy.
- Cefrik Capsule may interact with other medicines, hence, inform your doctor if you are taking any other medicines including supplements or herbal products. Also, inform your doctor if you are stopping any medicine....