By ISCON LIFE SCIENCES
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
Out of Stock
7 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Cefcoff Tablet Description
Cefcoff Tab contains a combination of Cefixime and Ofloxacin which belongs to a class of cephalosporin and fluoroquinolone antibiotics, respectively.
|₹298.50 (15% on MRP)
|Cefixime(200.0 Mg) + Ofloxacin(200.0 Mg)
Check more medicines with composition as Cefixime(200.0 Mg) + Ofloxacin(200.0 Mg)
Uses of Cefcoff Tablet
It is used for the treatment of typhoid fever and urinary tract infections.
Contraindications of Cefcoff Tablet
- If you are allergic to Cefixime, Ofloxacin, Cephalosporins like Cefuroxime, Fluoroquinolones like Ciprofloxacin or any of the ingredient of this medicine
- If you have a history of fits or any brain related disorders
- If you have a history of tendon disorder
- This medicine should not be given to children or growing adolescents as it may interfere with their growth
- If you have a family history of red blood cell disorder (defects in glucose-6-phosphate dehydrogenase activity)
- If you are pregnant or breastfeeding
Side effects of Cefcoff Tablet
- Allergic reactions involving joint pain, rashes, swelling of face, difficulty in breathing and other skin problems
- Bleeding and formation of fluid bumps around lips, mouth, nose and genitals
- Stomach problems like nausea, vomiting, loose stools, stomach pain
- Headache, dizziness, abnormal sensation in ears, sleep disturbances
- Cold, runny nose and sneezing
- Irritation in eyes and blurred vision
Precautions and Warnings of Cefcoff Tablet
Can I take Cefcoff Tab during pregnancy?
- It is unsafe to take this medicine in pregnancy
- Do not take Cefcoff Tab if you are pregnant, think you may be pregnant or are planning to have a baby
- If you conceive while taking this medicine, stop taking this medicine immediately and inform your doctor
Can I take Cefcoff Tab while breastfeeding?
It is advisable not to breastfeed when you are taking this medicine as a component of this medicine passes into breast milk and can be harmful for your baby's joint growth
Can I drive if I have consumed Cefcoff Tab?
This medicine may make you feel confused, stiff, less alert and can cause unusual muscle movements. Thus, it is advisable not to drive until you know how this medicine affects your body.
Can I consume alcohol with Cefcoff Tab?
It is advisable to avoid consumption of alcohol during the treatment as it may worsen the side effects of this medicine.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You experience allergic reactions including serious skin allergies in different body parts (fluid-filled blisters, bumps, rashes and skin degradation)
- You have diarrhoea, cramps, pain and fever after taking this medicine
- You have a kidney problem and you are on dialysis
- You have blood disorders like anaemia and inherited blood disorder (G6PD deficiency)
- You have problems related to liver and kidney and you are taking medicine to prevent blood clotting
- You have a history of tendonitis (inflammation of tissue which connects muscles to bone) after taking antibiotics or myasthenia gravis
- You are experiencing fits, difficulty in movement, confusion, other mental disorders (Psychosis)
- You are experiencing pain, a pins-and-needles sensation, numbness and weakness in various body parts
- You experience suicidal thoughts
- You are experiencing irregular heartbeats, low potassium levels or have had heart disease
- You are a diabetic taking medicines, then caution is needed as this medicine can cause low blood sugar. Close monitoring of blood glucose may be needed
- You are experiencing vision disturbances
Mode of Action of Cefcoff Tablet
How Does It Work?
This combination works by causing the death of the infection-causing bacteria.
Directions for Use of Cefcoff Tablet
- It should be taken as a whole with sufficient amount of water with or without food
- Complete the course of the medicine as prescribed by your doctor
Interactions of Cefcoff Tablet
Interactions with other medicines
- This medicine should be taken at least two hours before taking acidity medicines, any preparations containing zinc and iron and certain anti-HIV drugs like Didanosine
- Risk of getting fits increase if you are taking medicine to treat asthma-like theophylline, to reduce inflammation (Ibuprofen)
- Should be used with caution if you are taking medicines which can alter your heart rhythm like Quinidine, Hydroquinidine, Disopyramide, antidepressants like Clomipramine, Amitriptyline, antibiotics like Erythromycin, Clarithromycin and Azithromycin...
- You may experience low blood sugar if you are taking any medicine for diabetes like Glibenclamide
- This medicine interferes with the working of blood-thinning medicines like Warfarin
- You may experience tendon rupture if you are taking any medicines used to treat inflammation and pain (corticosteroids) like betamethasone, prednisone
Storage and disposal of Cefcoff Tablet
- Store this medicine below 25°C in a cool and dry place
- Protect it from catching moisture
- Keep the medicine out of reach of children
Dosage of Cefcoff Tablet
- Symptoms of overdose include confusion, dizziness, altered consciousness, fits, irregular heartbeat, nausea, confusion
- In the case of an overdose, contact your doctor immediately or visit your nearest hospital
Missed a Dose
- If you missed any dose of medicine, take it as soon as you remember
- If it's time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule
- Do not take a double dose of medicine to compensate for the missed one
- It is advisable not to miss any dose of antibiotics as it can result in failure of therapy
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: For how long do I need to take this medicine?
- You need to complete the full course of medicine, as per your doctor's prescribed duration
- You may feel fine after a few doses but it is important to complete the course
- If you stop it early, there may be chances of infection reoccuring or not responding to this antibiotic in the future
Q: Any specific caution is needed when taking Cefcoff Tab?
A: When on treatment, be careful and do not unnecessarily expose yourself to the sunrays. It can result in sunburns and rashes. Ensure even after stopping the treatment, you are not exposed to too much sun for the next 48 hours.
Country of Origin
Expires on or After
Low Red Cell Distribution Width in Blood: Interpreting Your Blood Test Results
Key Highlights: Introduction Understanding blood test results is essential for getting the right care and maintaining good health. Red cell distribution width (RDW) is an important aspect that can provide clues about your overall well-being. In this article, you will learn about what RDW is, why it is measured, how to interpret your RDW results,
WBC Differential Count: Decoding Its Clinical Significance With Research Insights
Key Highlights: Introduction Our body requires a healthy immune system. Key to this system are the white blood cells (WBCs). They protect us from infections and foreign substances. We may be able to assess how they work by looking at WBC differential counts. Medical professionals use them to see how the immune system responds in
MPV Blood Test: Understanding Its Importance and Results
Key Highlights: Introduction Platelets are the cells in your blood that help in clotting and repairing wounds. Well, it is necessary to check their health. That’s where the Mean Platelet Volume (MPV) blood test comes into picture. In this article, we’ll explore the world of MPV blood tests. We’ll learn what MPV is, how to
PDW Blood Test: Understanding Its Purpose and Results
Key Highlights: Introduction The PDW blood test is a medical test that checks for size differences in blood platelets. The main function of platelets includes clotting and ensuring smooth blood flow in the body. In this article, we will cover the basics of a PDW blood test. We’ll discuss about why it’s done, how
MCH Blood Test: Interpreting the Results and Understanding Its Importance
Key Highlights: Introduction The MCH blood test is a crucial diagnostic tool that may aid in understanding and maintaining good health. In this article, we will delve into the importance of the MCH blood test and shed light on what it reveals about an individual’s overall well-being. We will discuss essential aspects such as understanding
Reticulocyte Count: A Comprehensive Guide and Its Significance in Medical Diagnosis
Key Highlights: Introduction Reticulocytes are immature red blood cells. Assessing their number in the blood may help us detect problems tied to the production of red blood cells and how our bone marrow functions. In this article, we will delve into how the test is performed and how the results are interpreted. Lastly, we will
Red Blood Cells: Exploring Their Function and Importance in Health
Key Highlights: Introduction Red blood cells (RBCs) are special cells that carry oxygen. They go from the lungs to all parts of our body. RBCs owe their oxygen-carrying capacity to haemoglobin, an iron-rich protein. This protein grabs oxygen and takes it around the body via the bloodstream. But they don’t just carry oxygen. They also
RDW Blood Test: Interpreting Results and Understanding its Importance
Key Highlights: Introduction Red blood cell distribution width (RDW) is an important factor when it comes to understanding the health of your blood cells. An indicator of the variations in the size and volume of red blood cells, RDW plays a crucial role in diagnosing and differentiating various health conditions, including anaemia. In this article,
Normal Platelet Count: Understanding the Research-Based Range
Key Highlights: Introduction A healthy platelet count is a vital aspect of our overall health, as it helps our blood clot appropriately in response to injury. Understanding the normal range of platelets is essential in detecting any imbalances or deviations from the norm that could lead to complications. In this article we will delve into
MCV Blood Test: Decoding its Significance in Your Health Report
Key Highlights: Introduction Managing your overall health requires an understanding of your blood test results. The MCV blood test is a key part of this. In this article, we will delve into the value of MCV blood test. We will take you through its role in making sense of your health report. We will also
The information provided herein is supplied to the best of our abilities to make it accurate and reliable as it is published after a review by a team of professionals. This information is solely intended to provide a general overview on the product and must be used for informational purposes only. You should not use the information provided herein to diagnose, prevent, or cure a health problem. Nothing contained on this page is intended to create a doctor-patient relationship, replace or be a substitute for a registered medical practitioner's medical treatment/advice or consultation. The absence of any information or warning to any medicine shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance. We highly recommend that you consult your registered medical practitioner for all queries or doubts related to your medical condition. You hereby agree that you shall not make any health or medical-related decision based in whole or in part on anything contained in the Site. Please click here for detailed T&C.