Cefakind 500mg Tablet
By MANKIND PHARMACEUTICALS LTD
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
15 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Cefakind 500 tablet is an antibiotic medicine. Cefakind 500 tablet is used to treat bacterial infections of tonsils, throat, sinus, ears, respiratory tract, urinary tract, skin and soft tissue infecti
ons. Cefakind 500 contains cefuroxime as its active component. Cefakind 500 tablet works by inhibiting the cell wall synthesis of bacteria, which ultimately causes the death of bacteria. Cefakind 500 tablets should be used under medical prescription and for the duration it is prescribed. Complete the entire treatment with this medicine and do not stop mid-way on your own without the knowledge of your doctor....
Uses of Cefakind 500mg Tablet
Bacterial infections of the ears, throat, skin, soft tissue, sinus, urinary tract, reproductive organs and respiratory tract.
Contraindications of Cefakind 500mg Tablet
- If you are allergic to Cefuroxime or any other ingredients of Cefakind 500 tablet.
- If you have a history of a severe allergic reaction to Penicillin, Monobactams, Carbapenems or other Beta-Lactam antibiotics.
Side effects of Cefakind 500mg Tablet
- Stomach pain
- Increased chances of fungal infections
- Raised liver enzyme or white blood cells
Precautions and Warnings of Cefakind 500mg Tablet
Can I take Cefakind 500 tablet during pregnancy?
You should consult your doctor before using Cefakind 500 tablet as there is limited information about its safety during pregnancy. Your doctor will only prescribe you this medicine if considered essential after assessing the benefits and need.
Can I take Cefakind 500 tablet while breastfeeding?
Cefakind passes into human milk in small amounts and may cause some side effects. Thus you should consult your doctor before using this medicine during breastfeeding. Watch for the symptoms like diarrhoea in the breastfed baby.
Can I drive if I have consumed Cefakind 500 tablet?
Cefakind 500 tablet can make you dizzy and you should avoid driving if you do not feel well or are unable to be alert.
Can I consume alcohol with Cefakind 500 tablet?
There is no known interaction between alcohol and Cefakind 500 tablet.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have kidney disease.
- You develop white patches in your mouth.
- You develop rash with blisters and peeling of the skin.
- If you experience continuous diarrhoea, you should immediately stop taking it and consult a doctor.
- You have difficulty in breathing or develop skin rash, swelling of face or mouth after taking Cefakind 500 tablets.
- Cefakind 500 tablet is not recommended for children aged under 3 months.
Mode of Action of Cefakind 500mg Tablet
How Does It Work?
Cefakind 500 tablet works by stopping bacterial cell wall synthesis. The absence of a bacterial cell wall results in the death of bacteria.
Directions for Use of Cefakind 500mg Tablet
- Cefakind 500 tablets should be taken as directed by your doctor.
- Swallow it whole with a glass of water, after your meal to avoid stomach discomfort.
- It would be best if you took it at a fixed time for optimal results.
- Do not consume it more than the quantity prescribed by your doctor.
Interactions of Cefakind 500mg Tablet
Interactions with other medicines
- You should not take Cefakind 500 tablets with your acidity medicines.
- Concomitant use of Cefakind 500 tablet along with contraceptive pills may cause the failure of contraceptive pills. If you are taking contraceptive pills while you are being treated with this medicine, you also need to use another method of contraception....Read more
- Medicines used to treat gout (probenecid) and medicines used to thin your blood (warfarin) should be used with caution along this medicine.
- You should always tell the doctor if you are taking any other medicines, herbal preparation and supplements to avoid any interaction.
Storage and disposal of Cefakind 500mg Tablet
- Store Cefakind 500 tablets in a cool and dry place.
- Keep it away from children and pets.
Dosage of Cefakind 500mg Tablet
An overdoes of Cefakind 500 may affect your brain function and can lead fits and coma. If you experience any of these symptoms or think you have taken an excessive dose of Cefakind 500 tablets, contac
t your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital....
Missed a Dose
If you miss any dose of Cefakind 500 tablet, take it as soon as you remember. However, if it is time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dose schedule. Do not take
a double dose of medicine to compensate for the missed one....
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What is the use of Cefakind 500 tablet?
A: Cefakind 500 tablet is used to treat different types of bacterial infections of the respiratory tract, skin, ears, throat, soft tissue, sinus, urinary tract, etc.
Q: Can I stop taking Cefakind 500 tablet before the prescribed duration?
A: No, you must finish the full course of treatment with Cefakind 500 tablets even if you feel better. Stopping the medication can make the infection harder to treat.
Q: How long should I take the Cefakind 500 tablet?
A: The dose and duration of treatment depend upon the cause of infection and response to the treatment. Do not stop taking Cefakind if you feel better, complete the full course as stopping the treatment in between can result in antibiotic resistance and infection may reoccur.
Q: Is Cefakind an antibiotic?
A: Yes, Cefakind 500 tablet is an antibiotic medicine.
Q: What are the side effects of Cefakind 500 tablet?
A: The common side effects of Cefakind 500 tablets are diarrhoea, nausea, stomach pain, headache and dizziness. These are usually temporary, but if the side effects persist or there is no improvement in your condition, inform your doctor immediately.
Q: Can Cefakind 500 tablet be taken on an empty stomach?
A: No, Cefakind 500 tablet should be taken with or after your meals to avoid stomach discomfort.
Q: I have a fever and cold, can I take Cefakind 500 tablet?
A: No, Cefakind 500 tablet is an antibiotic and reserved for severe infections. This medicine should be taken only if your doctor considers it essential for you. Also, Cefakind 500 tablet is not meant for viral infections.
Q: Is Cefakind 500 tablet effective?
A: Cefakind 500 tablet is effective if taken at dose and duration advised by your doctor. If you stop taking the tablet once you start feeling good, it may lead to the recurrence of infection.
- TORFUR (Cefuroxime Axetil Tablets I.P) [Internet]. Torrentian.com. 2021 [cited 30 August 2021]
- Zinnat Tablets 125mg - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 30 August 2021]
- Cefuroxime [Internet]. Ncbi.nlm.nih.gov. 2021 [cited 30 August 2021]
- CDSCO [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2021 [cited 30 August 2021]
Last Updated on: 30 Aug 2021 | 11:51 AM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
Offers Just for you
Flat 20% off + 20% cashback on your 1st medicine order
Get FLAT ₹150 instant discount via select ICICI debit and credit cards.
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved