Cefakind 500mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
Cefakind 500 MG Description
Cefakind 500 tablet is an antibiotic medicine. It is used to treat bacterial infections of the tonsils, throat, sinus, ears, respiratory tract, urinary tract, skin, and soft tissue. It contains cefur
oxime as its active component. Cefakind 500 works by preventing the cell wall synthesis of bacteria, which ultimately causes the death of bacteria. Take Cefakind 500 tablet in the exact dose and duration as prescribed by your doctor. You should preferably take it after meals. Do not stop taking this medicine even if you feel better within a few days. Always finish the course of prescribed antibiotic medicines for effective treatment. If you experience common side effects like diarrhoea after taking Cefakind 500 tablet, it is suggested to drink enough fluids and stay hydrated. Not everyone gets these side effects and they usually go away with time. Inform your doctor if these symptoms are severe or do not go away. Do not take this medicine if you are allergic to any of its components. Before starting Cefakind 500 tablet, inform your doctor if you are pregnant, planning on becoming pregnant, or breastfeeding and about your complete medical history. Also, inform the doctor about all other medicines and supplements you take.
Uses of Cefakind 500 MG
Contraindications of Cefakind 500 MG
- If you are allergic to cefuroxime or any other ingredients of Cefakind 500 tablet.
- If you have a history of a severe allergic reaction to penicillin, monobactams, carbapenems, or other beta-lactam antibiotics.
Side effects of Cefakind 500 MG
- Stomach pain
Precautions and Warnings of Cefakind 500 MG
Other General Warnings
- You have kidney disease.
- You develop white patches in your mouth.
- You develop rash with blisters and peeling of the skin.
- If you experience continuous diarrhoea, you should immediately stop taking it and consult a doctor.
- You have difficulty in breathing or develop skin rash, swelling of face or mouth after taking Cefakind 500 tablets.
- Cefakind 500 tablet is not recommended for children aged under 3 months.
Directions for Use of Cefakind 500 MG
- Cefakind 500 tablets should be taken as directed by your doctor.
- Swallow it whole with a glass of water, after your meal to avoid stomach discomfort.
- It would be best if you took it at a fixed time for optimal results.
Storage and disposal of Cefakind 500 MG
- Store Cefakind 500 tablets in a cool and dry place.
- Keep it away from children and pets.
Dosage of Cefakind 500 MG
Missed a Dose
Mode of Action of Cefakind 500 MG
How Does It Work?
Interactions of Cefakind 500 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- You should not take Cefakind 500 tablets with your acidity medicines.
- Concomitant use of Cefakind 500 tablet along with contraceptive pills may cause the failure of contraceptive pills. If you are taking contraceptive pills while you are being treated with this medicine, you also need to use another method of contraception....
- Medicines used to treat gout (probenecid) and medicines used to thin your blood (warfarin) should be used with caution along this medicine.
- You should always tell the doctor if you are taking any other medicines, herbal preparation and supplements to avoid any interaction.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What is Cefakind 500 tablet used for?
Q: Can I stop taking Cefakind 500 tablet before the prescribed duration?
Q: How long should I take the Cefakind 500 tablet?
Q: Is Cefakind an antibiotic?
Q: What are the side effects of Cefakind 500 tablet?
Q: Can Cefakind 500 tablet be taken on an empty stomach?
Q: I have a fever and cold, can I take Cefakind 500 tablet?
Q: Is Cefakind 500 tablet effective?
Q: Can Cefakind 500 be used for sore throat?
Q: Can I take Cefakind 500 for UTI (Urinary Tract Infection)?
- TORFUR (Cefuroxime Axetil Tablets I.P) [Internet]. Torrentian.com. 2022 [cited 12 August 2022]
- Zinnat Tablets 125mg - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 12 August 2022]
- Cefuroxime [Internet]. Ncbi.nlm.nih.gov. 2022 [cited 12 August 2022]
- CDSCO [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2022 [cited 12 August 2022]
Other Products from this Brand
- Cefakind Cv 500 Mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
- Cefakind 250 Mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
- Cefakind Cv 250 Mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
- Cefakind 125 Mg Bottle Of 30 Ml Dry Syrup
- Cefakind Dt 125 Mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
- Cefakind P Dry Syrup 30 Ml
- Cefakind P 50 Mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
- Cefakind 500 Mg Strip Of 6 Tablets
- Cefakind Cv 500 Mg Strip Of 6 Tablets