Cefakind 500mg Tablet
By MANKIND PHARMACEUTICALS LTD
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
30 days return policyRead More
Cefakind 500 Tablet is an antibiotic containing Cefuroxime as its active component. It is used to treat bacterial infections of tonsils, throat, sinus, ears, respiratory tract, urinary tract, skin, and soft tissue infections. It works by inhibiting the cell wall synthesis of bacteria, which ultimately causes the death of bacteria. This medicine should be used under medical prescription and for the duration it is prescribed. Complete the entire treatment with this medicine and do not stop in a mid-way on your own without the knowledge of your doctor.
Uses of Cefakind 500mg Tablet
Cefakind 500 Tablet is used to treat various types of bacterial infections of the ears, throat, skin, soft tissue, sinus, urinary tract, reproductive organs and respiratory tract, etc.
Contraindications of Cefakind 500mg Tablet
- Do not take Cefakind 500 mg tablet if you are allergic to Cefuroxime or any other ingredients of this medicine.
- Do not take this tablet if you have a history of a severe allergic reaction to Penicillin, Monobactams, Carbapenems, or other Beta-Lactam antibiotics.
Side effects of Cefakind 500mg Tablet
- Stomach pain
- Increased chances of fungal infections
- Raised liver enzyme or white blood cells
Precautions and Warnings of Cefakind 500mg Tablet
Can I take Cefakind 500 Tablet during pregnancy?
You should consult your doctor before using Cefakind 500 mg tablet as there is limited information about its safety during pregnancy. Your doctor will only prescribe you this medicine if considered essential after assessing the benefits over risks.
Can I take Cefakind 500 Tablet while breastfeeding?
Cefakind passes into human milk in small amounts and may cause some side-effects. Thus you should consult your doctor before using this medicine during breastfeeding. Watch for the symptoms like diarrhoea in the breastfed baby.
Can I drive if I have consumed Cefakind 500 Tablet?
Cefakind 500 mg tablet may make you dizzy, and you should avoid driving if you do not feel well or are unable to be alert.
Can I consume alcohol with Cefakind 500 Tablet?
There is no known interaction between alcohol and Cefakind tablet.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have kidney disease.
- You develop white patches in your mouth.
- You develop rash with blisters and peeling of the skin.
- You experience continuous diarrhoea, you should immediately stop taking it and consult a doctor.
- You have difficulty in breathing or develop skin rash, swelling of face or mouth after taking Cefakind 500 mg tablets.
- Cefakind tablet is not recommended for children aged under 3 months.
Mode of Action of Cefakind 500mg Tablet
How Does It Work?
Cefakind tablet works by stopping bacterial cell wall synthesis. The absence of a bacterial cell wall results in the death of bacteria.
Directions for Use of Cefakind 500mg Tablet
Cefakind 500 mg tablets should be taken as directed by your doctor. Swallow it whole with a glass of water, after your meal. Do not break, cut, or chew the tablets. It would be best if you took it at a fixed time for optimal results and should not consume it more than the quantity prescribed by your doctor.
Interactions of Cefakind 500mg Tablet
Interactions with other medicines
- Do not take Cefakind tablet with your acidity medicines.
- Concomitant use of Cefakind 500 mg tablet along with contraceptive pills may cause the failure of contraceptive pills (OC pills). If you are taking the contraceptive pill while you are being treated with this medicine, you also need to use another method of contraception (such as condoms).read less
- Medicines used to treat gout (Probenecid) and medicines used to thin your blood (Warfarin) should be used with caution along with this medicine.
- You should always tell the doctor if you are taking any other medicines, herbal preparation, and supplements to avoid any interaction.
Interactions with food items
Cefakind 500 mg tablet should be taken after a meal for better results.
Storage and disposal of Cefakind 500mg Tablet
- Store Cefakind tablets in a cool and dry place, protected from direct sunlight, moisture, and heat.
- Keep it away from children and pets.
- Do not use expired or damaged medicines.
- Discard any unused medicine properly, do not flush in the toilet or throw it into the drain.
Dosage of Cefakind 500mg Tablet
Symptoms of overdose may include damage to the brain, fits and coma. If you experience any of these symptoms or think you have taken an excessive dose of Cefakind 500 mg tablets, contact your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital.
Missed a Dose
If you miss any dose of Cefakind 500 mg tablet take it as soon as you remember. However, if it is time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dose schedule. Do not take a double dose of medicine to compensate for the missed one
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What is the use of Cefakind 500 mg tablet?
A: Cefakind 500 mg tablet is used to treat different types of bacterial infections of the respiratory tract, skin, ears, throat, soft tissue, sinus, urinary tract, etc.
Q: Can I stop taking Cefakind 500 mg tablet before prescribed duration?
A: No, you must finish the full course of treatment with Cefakind 500 mg tablet even if you feel better. Stopping the medication can make the infection harder to treat.
Q: How long should I take Cefakind tablet?
A: The dose and duration of treatment depend upon the cause of infection and response to the treatment. Do not stop taking Cefakind if you feel better, complete the full course as stopping the treatment in between can result in antibiotic resistance and infection may reoccur.
Q: Is Cefakind an antibiotic?
A: Yes, Cefakind tablet is an antibiotic medicine.
Q: What are the side effects of Cefakind 500 tablet?
A: The common side effects of Cefakind 500 tablets are diarrhoea, nausea, stomach pain, headache and dizziness, these are temporary but if side effects persist or there is no improvement in your condition, inform your doctor immediately.
Last Updated on: 28 Sep 2020 | 05:32 AM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
- Side effects
- Precautions and Warnings
- Mode of Action
- Directions for Use
- Storage and disposal
1 Lakh+ Products
100% secure and trusted payment protection
Our Payment Partners
© 2020 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved