Butoxol Syrup 50ml
Price to be Updated
Butoxol Syrup 50ml Description
Butoxol Syrup is a combination of ambroxol, guaiphenesin and terbutaline, as its active ingredients. It is used to treat cough associated with infections in the airways, asthma, shortness of breath a
nd lung infections. This medicine helps in the expulsion of mucous and reduces cough and breathlessness. This medicine should be used cautiously if you have liver or kidney-related problems. Also, discuss if you have any other underlying medical conditions before starting the treatment. It is advisable to consult a physician before giving this medicine to children below 6 years. Butoxol Syrup should not be given with any other cough or cold medicines. And if you do not feel any relief and persistent cough along with fever and feel other additional symptoms, stop using it and consult a physician.
|Contains||Ambroxol + Guaiphenesin + Terbutaline|
|Uses||Wet cough associated with asthma and chronic bronchitis|
|Side effects||Headache, shivering, muscle spasm, irregular heartbeat|
|Therapy||COUGH COLD PREPARATION|
Uses of Butoxol Syrup 50ml
Contraindications of Butoxol Syrup 50ml
- If you are allergic to ambroxol, guaiphenesin, terbutaline, or any other ingredients of this medicine.
- If you are suffering from gastric ulcers.
- If you have any heart conditions or prone to heart disorders.
Side effects of Butoxol Syrup 50ml
- Muscle spasm
- Irregular heartbeats
- Low potassium level
Precautions and Warnings of Butoxol Syrup 50ml
Other General Warnings
- You are pregnant or are breastfeeding.
- You have any underlying medical condition like high blood pressure, diabetes, fits, thyroid or other heart diseases.
- You may experience a sudden drop of potassium level in your blood on concomitant treatment. In such situations, a doctor may recommend monitoring potassium serum level closely and ask for specific blood tests....
- You are suffering from liver or kidney problems.
- You don't feel any relief in symptoms and your cough lasts for more than 5 days, consult a doctor immediately.
- You are suffering from high pressure inside the eyes (glaucoma) or having any kind of allergies.
Mode of Action of Butoxol Syrup 50ml
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Butoxol Syrup 50ml
- Take this medicine as instructed by your doctor.
- Shake it well before use.
- Carefully measure the dose using a measuring cup or spoon.
- Do not consume this medicine directly from the bottle.
Interactions of Butoxol Syrup 50ml
Interactions with other medicines
- As Butoxol Syrup contains different components, any interactions seen with them when taken alone may happen with this combination. Discuss with your doctor about any other medicines, herbal preparations and supplements you are taking currently to avoid any possible drug interactions....
- Especially, if you are already taking other cough medicines.
- Concomitant use of Butoxol Syrup and medicines used to treat high blood pressure like propranolol should be avoided as it may affect the activity of this medicine.
- This medicine should be used with caution if you are already taking medicines to treat heart problem and blood pressure-related problems.
- Antipsychotic medicines like phenelzine, selegiline can increase the effect of Butoxol Syrup when used together, which may result in increased side effects.
Storage and disposal of Butoxol Syrup 50ml
- Store this medicine below 30°C.
- Try to keep it out of the reach of children and pets.
Dosage of Butoxol Syrup 50ml
Missed a Dose
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Can I take Butoxol Syrup during dry cough?
- CDSCO [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2022 [cited 22 June 2022]
- Ambroxol Hydrochloride Uses, Dosage, Side Effects - Drugs.com [Internet]. Drugs.com. 2022 [cited 22 June 2022]
- Terbutaline Use During Pregnancy | Drugs.com [Internet]. Drugs.com. 2022 [cited 22 June 2022]
- Bricanyl Tablets 5mg - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 22 June 2022]
- Benylin Mucus Cough Max Honey & Lemon Flavour 100 mg/5 ml Syrup - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 22 June 2022]
- CHESTON PLUS Syrup [Internet]. CiplaMed. 2022 [cited 22 June 2022]
- Robitussin Chesty Cough Medicine - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 22 June 2022]