Brutacef O 200/200 Mg Tablet 10
By MANKIND PHARMACEUTICALS LTD
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
3 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Brutacef O Tablet contains a combination of Cefixime and Ofloxacin. It is an antibiotic belonging to the cephalosporin and fluoroquinolone class of medicines respectively. It works by inhibiting the growth of causative organisms. Take it in the prescribed dose and for the exact duration. Do not stop taking this medicine suddenly, as it can result in treatment failure and increase the risk of reinfection. Inform your doctor if you have any medical conditions and are on any other medications. You may experience a dry mouth, headache, dizziness, nausea, vomiting, weakness and stomach pain. If these symptoms do not resolve or worsens, consult your doctor.
Uses of Brutacef O 200/200 Mg Tablet 10
Brutacef O Tablet is used for the treatment of typhoid fever and urinary tract infections.
Contraindications of Brutacef O 200/200 Mg Tablet 10
- If you are allergic to Cefixime, Ofloxacin, Cephalosporins like Cefuroxime, Fluoroquinolones like Ciprofloxacin or any other ingredients of Brutacef O Tablet.
- If you have a history of fits or any brain-related disorders.
- If you have a history of tendon disorder.
- If you have a family history of red blood cell disorder (defects in glucose-6-phosphate dehydrogenase activity).
- If you are pregnant or are breastfeeding.
Side effects of Brutacef O 200/200 Mg Tablet 10
- Allergic reactions involving joint pain, rashes, swelling of the face, difficulty in breathing and other skin problems.
- Bleeding and formation of fluid bumps around lips, mouth, nose and genitals.
- Stomach problems like nausea, vomiting, loose stools, stomach pain.
- Headache, dizziness, abnormal sensation in ears, sleep disturbances.
- Cold, a runny nose and sneezing.
- Irritation in the eyes and blurred vision.
Precautions and Warnings of Brutacef O 200/200 Mg Tablet 10
Can I take Brutacef O Tablet during pregnancy?
- It is unsafe to take this medicine during pregnancy. Do not take Brutacef O Tablet if you are pregnant, think you may be pregnant or are planning to have a baby.
- If you conceive while taking this medicine, stop taking this medicine immediately and inform your doctor.
Can I take Brutacef O Tablet while breastfeeding?
It is advisable not to breastfeed when you are taking Brutacef O Tablet as a component of this medicine passes into the breastmilk and can be harmful to your baby's joint growth.
Can I drive if I have consumed Brutacef O Tablet?
Brutacef O Tablet may make you feel confused, stiff, less alert and can cause unusual muscle movements. Thus, it is advisable not to drive until you know how this medicine affects your body.
Can I consume alcohol with Brutacef O Tablet?
It is advisable to avoid the consumption of alcohol during the treatment with Brutacef O Tablet as it may worsen the side effects of this medicine.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You experience allergic reactions including serious skin allergies in different body parts (fluid-filled blisters, bumps, rashes and skin degradation).
- You have diarrhoea, cramps, pain and fever after taking this medicine.
- You have a kidney problem and you are on dialysis.
- You have blood disorders like anaemia and inherited blood disorder (G6PD deficiency).
- You have problems related to the liver and kidney and you are taking medicine to prevent blood clotting.
- You have a history of tendonitis (inflammation of the tissue which connects muscles to the bone) after taking antibiotics or myasthenia gravis.
- You are experiencing fits, difficulty in movement, confusion, other mental disorders (Psychosis).
- You are experiencing pain, a pins-and-needles sensation, numbness and weakness in various body parts.
- You experience suicidal thoughts.
- You are experiencing irregular heartbeats, low potassium levels or have had heart disease.
- You are diabetic taking medicines, then caution is needed as this medicine can cause low blood sugar. Close monitoring of blood glucose may be needed.
- You are experiencing vision disturbances.
- Brutacef O Tablet should not be given to children or growing adolescents as it may interfere with their growth.
Mode of Action of Brutacef O 200/200 Mg Tablet 10
How Does It Work?
Brutacef O Tablet works by causing the death of the infection causing bacteria.
Directions for Use of Brutacef O 200/200 Mg Tablet 10
- Brutacef O Tablet should be taken as a whole with a sufficient amount of water with or without food.
- Complete the course of this medicine as prescribed by your doctor.
Interactions of Brutacef O 200/200 Mg Tablet 10
Interactions with other medicines
- Brutacef O Tablet should be taken at least two hours before taking the acidity medicines, any preparations containing zinc and iron and certain anti-HIV drugs like Didanosine.
- The risk of getting fits increase if you are taking medicines to treat asthma-like theophylline, to reduce inflammation (Ibuprofen).
- Should be used with caution if you are taking medicines that can alter your heart rhythms like Quinidine, Hydroquinidine, Disopyramide, antidepressants like Clomipramine, Amitriptyline, antibiotics like Erythromycin, Clarithromycin and Azithromycin.read less
- You may experience low blood sugar if you are taking any medicines for diabetes like Glibenclamide.
- This medicine interferes with the working of blood-thinning medicines like Warfarin.
- You may experience a tendon rupture if you are taking any medicines used to treat inflammation and pain (corticosteroids) like betamethasone, prednisone.
- Discuss with your doctor about any other medicines, herbal preparations and supplements you are taking currently to avoid any possible interactions.
Storage and disposal of Brutacef O 200/200 Mg Tablet 10
- Store Brutacef O Tablet below 25°C in a cool and dry place.
- Protect it from catching moisture.
- Keep the medicine out of reach of children and pets.
Dosage of Brutacef O 200/200 Mg Tablet 10
- An excess of Brutacef O Tablet can cause confusion, dizziness, altered consciousness, fits, irregular heartbeats, nausea, confusion.
- In the case of an overdose, contact your doctor immediately or visit your nearest hospital.
Missed a Dose
- If you have missed taking any dose of this medicine, take it as soon as you remember.
- If it's time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule.
- Do not take a double dose of this medicine to compensate for the missed one.
- It is advisable not to miss any dose of antibiotics as it can result in a failure of therapy.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: For how long do I need to take Brutacef O Tablet?
- You need to complete the full course of this medicine, as per your doctor's prescribed duration.
- You may feel fine after a few doses but it is important to complete the course.
- If you stop it early, there may be chances of infection reoccurring or not responding to this antibiotic in the future.
Q: Are there any specific cautions needed when taking Brutacef O Tablet?
A: When on treatment, be careful and do not unnecessarily expose yourself to the sunrays. It can result in sunburns and rashes. Ensure even after stopping the treatment, you are not exposed to too much sun for the next 48 hours.
Q: Can the use of Brutacef O Tablet cause diarrhoea?
A: Yes, the use of Brutacef O Tablet can cause diarrhoea along with the desired effect, but not everyone gets them. It is an antibiotic that kills both good and bad bacteria, when good bacteria present in the intestine gets killed it can cause diarrhoea. If you are experiencing severe diarrhoea, talk to your doctor about it.
Q: Can I stop taking Brutacef O Tablet when I feel better?
A: No, do not stop taking Brutacef O Tablet before the prescribed duration. Your symptoms may improve before the infection is completely cured. You should complete the full course of treatment else there are chances of recurrence of infection.
Other Products from this Brand
Last Updated on: 25 Mar 2021 | 09:27 AM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
Offers Just for you
Flat 20% off + 20% cashback on your 1st medicine order
Flat 20% OFF + 20% Cashback on all medicines + Free 1-Month Grofers Smart Bachat Club Membership
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved