Blonitas 8mg Tablet
By INTAS PHARMACEUTICALS LTD
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
We do not sell this product
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Blonitas 8 mg tablet is a prescription medication used in the treatment of schizophrenia, a type of mental disorder in which the affected person cannot differentiate between reality and imagination. This condition can cause hallucinations and delusions. This medicine is sometimes also used to treat bipolar disorder. The active ingredient in Blonitas 8 mg tablet is Blonanserin, which is a type of atypical antipsychotic. The mode of action of Blonitas 8 mg tablet is by balancing certain chemicals in the brain that elevate the mood and help the user feel better. Side effects of Blonitas 8 mg tablets include dizziness, drowsiness, irritability, tremors, and insomnia. This medicine should only be taken on a doctor's recommendation. It is essential to maintain the dose and schedule of Blonitas 8 mg tablets. The doctor should approve any changes in dose. Sudden stoppage of this medicine can cause serious side effects and worsen the condition of the user. Blonitas 8 mg tablets can interact with other medicines, so informing the treating doctor of the complete medical history and all medications being taken at the time of prescription is crucial....
|You Save||₹26.10 (18% on MRP)|
|Best Offer||Use Code: 18SAVE & get 18% discount|
|Uses||Schizophrenia, Bipolar disorder|
|Side effects||Dizziness, Drowsiness, Irritability, Tremors, Insomnia, Weight gain|
Check more medicines with composition as Blonanserin(8.0 Mg)
Uses of Blonitas 8 MG
- Blonitas 8 mg tablets are used in the treatment of:
- Bipolar Disorder
Contraindications of Blonitas 8 MG
- Do not take Blonitas 8 mg tablets:
- If you are allergic or hypersensitive to Blonanserin
- If you are an older adult over 65 years of age and have dementia
- If you have memory loss
Side effects of Blonitas 8 MG
- Side effects of Blonitas 8 mg tablets include:
- Weight gain
- Increase in blood sugar
- Increase in cholesterol
Precautions and Warnings of Blonitas 8 MG
Can I take Blonitas 8 mg tablets during pregnancy?
Blonitas 8 mg tablets are generally not recommended for pregnant women. Inform your doctor if you are pregnant or planning a pregnancy at the prescription time. The doctor will weigh the pros and cons of this medicine and advise the best for you.
Can I take Blonitas 8 mg tablets while breastfeeding?
Blonitas 8 mg tablets are not recommended for breastfeeding women. Inform your doctor if you are breastfeeding at the time of consultation for the best advice.
Can I drive if I have taken a Blonitas 8 mg tablet?
Blonitas 8 mg tablets can cause feelings of drowsiness and dizziness. Watch out for the after-effects for a few days. Drive when you feel fine.
Can I consume alcohol with Blonitas 8 mg tablets?
Alcohol potentiates the feeling of dizziness and drowsiness and should be avoided while taking Blonitas 8 mg tablets.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have a history of kidney, liver, or heart disorder.
- You (or a family member) have a history or current diagnosis of a mental illness.
- You have suicidal thoughts after starting treatment with Blonitas 8 mg tablets.
- You have withdrawal symptoms like vomiting, anxiety, fatigue, restlessness, sweating.
- You have any symptoms of allergy like rashes and swelling.
- You take any medicines, vitamins or supplements along with the Blonitas 8 mg tablets.
- You want to drive or operate any heavy machinery while taking Blonitas 8 mg tablets
- You are pregnant or breastfeeding.
- You want to stop or alter the dose of Blonitas 8 mg tablets.
Mode of Action of Blonitas 8 MG
How Does It Work?
Blonitas 8 mg tablet contains Blonanserin as its active ingredient. Blonanserin is a type of atypical antipsychotic. It works by acting on certain receptors in the brain that balances chemicals that help relieve symptoms of schizophrenia and other disorders. This medicine instils a feeling of well-being and elevates the mood. It helps the user by improving their quality of life....
Directions for Use of Blonitas 8 MG
- Take Blonitas 8 mg tablets exactly as advised by your doctor. Do not exceed the dosage, even if you cannot notice the effects of this medicine. This medicine is usually taken every day for the long term....
- This medicine can be taken with or without food.
- Take the tablets at the same time every day, so a stable dose of the medicine is maintained in the body.
- Take Blonitas 8 mg tablets as a whole with a glass of water. Do not break or chew the tablets.
- Do not abruptly stop taking Blonitas 8 mg tablets without consulting a doctor.
Interactions of Blonitas 8 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Blonitas 8 mg tablets can interact with many medicines and cause adverse side effects. It is advised to inform the doctor of all medication being taken to be checked for possible interaction issues. The following medicines are known to interact with Blonitas 8 mg tablets....
- Aceclofenac (painkiller) and Amoxicillin (antibiotic) can increase the level of Blonanserin in the body.
- Acetazolamide (medicine for eye problems) and Alprazolam (anti-anxiety medicine) can increase the severity of the side effects of Blonitas 8 mg tablets.
- The efficacy of Bromocriptine (medicine for periods) and Cyclothiazide (medicine for blood pressure) decrease if combined with Blonitas 8 mg tablets.
- Amitriptyline (antidepressant) can increase the depressive effect on the nervous system.
- Clindamycin (antibiotic) can increase toxicity levels in the body.
- Fluoxetine (antidepressant) can increase the risk of Serotonin Syndrome.
- Ketoconazole (antifungal medicine) can decrease the metabolism of Blonanserin.
Interactions with food items
- Avoid grapefruit juice when on treatment with Blonitas 8 mg tablets. Grapefruit juice can affect the absorption and excretion of this medicine and alter its concentration.
Storage and disposal of Blonitas 8 MG
Blonitas 8 mg tablets should be stored in a dry and cool place, away from direct heat and light. They should be stored at room temperature and do not require refrigeration. Keep away from the reach of kids and pets. This medication should not be discarded in the toilet flush or thrown into a sewage system. A medicine take-back program is the best way to dispose of unused Blonitas 8 mg tablets. Dispose of the expired medicine as biomedical waste instead of throwing it in the garbage....
Dosage of Blonitas 8 MG
Blonitas 8 mg tablet overdose can lead to symptoms like troubled breathing, dizziness, tremors, abnormal behaviour, and coma. If you overdose on Blonitas 8 mg tablets and experience any of these symptoms, immediately seek emergency medical treatment from a hospital close to you. Never share Blonitas 8 mg tablets with anyone you think has similar symptoms as you. It can lead to an overdose....
Missed a Dose
If you have missed a dose of the Blonitas 8 mg tablet, try to take it as soon as you remember. If you recall the missed dose when it is almost time for the next one, skip the missed one and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Do not take both of them together; this can lead to adverse reactions. Consider setting an alarm to remind yourself of the dose timings. Do not alter the dose on your own if you are having any trouble with your dosing schedule. Consult your doctor for advice....
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: I have diabetes. Can I take Blonitas 8 mg tablets daily?
A: Blonitas 8 mg tablets should only be taken on a doctor’s recommendation. Please inform your doctor about your diabetes diagnosis at the time of consultation.
Q: Should I change my diet if I am on treatment with Blonitas 8 mg tablets?
A: There is no need for a specific diet while on treatment with Blonitas 8 mg tablets. Try to have a balanced diet and exercise every day.
Q: I have been taking Blonitas 8 mg tablets for a week but I do not feel better. Is this normal?
A: It might take up to a few weeks to see the effects of Blonitas 8 mg tablets. Please keep taking the medicine and consult a doctor if you do not see any changes after a month of treatment.
Country of Origin
Expires on or After
The information provided herein is supplied to the best of our abilities to make it accurate and reliable as it is published after a review by a team of professionals. This information is solely intended to provide a general overview on the product and must be used for informational purposes only. You should not use the information provided herein to diagnose, prevent, or cure a health problem. Nothing contained on this page is intended to create a doctor-patient relationship, replace or be a substitute for a registered medical practitioner's medical treatment/advice or consultation. The absence of any information or warning to any medicine shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance. We highly recommend that you consult your registered medical practitioner for all queries or doubts related to your medical condition. You hereby agree that you shall not make any health or medical-related decision based in whole or in part on anything contained in the Site. Please click here for detailed T&C.