Betasalic S Lotion
Betasalic S 2 % Description
Betasalic S Lotion helps in treating certain skin conditions like dermatitis, acne, warts, psoriasis, etc. It contains salicylic acid as its active ingredient that belongs to a keratolytic class of m
edicines. It breaks down the layers of thick skin. If you accidentally apply over eyes or cuts or open wounds, wash immediately with plenty of water. It is meant for external applications only. Do not use it without consulting a doctor or dermatologist. Also, inform the doctor if you are using other topical creams for any disorders. It is advised to wear protective clothing and sunscreen before stepping out.
Uses of Betasalic S 2 %
Precautions and Warnings of Betasalic S 2 %
Other General Warnings
- You are allergic to ingredients present in Betasalic S Lotion
- You are a pregnant or nursing woman.
- You are using any other medications like antifungals, steroid medicines, supplements and herbal preparations. If you are unsure, consult your doctor before using Betasalic S Lotion.
- You are using any other topical medications.
- It should not be used in children below 2 years old.
- Try to avoid using abrasive soaps and cleansers or alcohol containing products.
Ingredients and Benefits of Betasalic S 2 %
- Betasalic S Lotion contains salicylic acid as its active ingredient.
- Salicylic acid acts as a keratolytic or peeling agent. It works by shedding off the dead skin from the top layer of the skin and decreases the swelling and redness. Salicylic acid makes the skin soft and loosen. Then makes the skin dry and scaly. Thus, that skin will be peeled or removed easily....
Directions for Use of Betasalic S 2 %
- Use Betasalic S Lotion as directed by the doctor
- Wash the affected area and also your hands and dry.
- Take the required amount of Lotion.
- Apply a thin layer of Lotion over the affected area and with a very gentle massage if needed.
- If the affected area is your hands then do not wash your hands after the application.
- Avoid getting medicine in the eyes, nose, lips or other sensitive areas.
Storage and disposal of Betasalic S 2 %
- Store Betasalic S Lotion in a cool and dry place.
- Keep it away from children and pets.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Is there any side effects of using Betasalic S Lotion?
Q: Any precautions while applying this Lotion?
- Try to avoid using it on larger areas of the skin.
- Avoid prolonged use of this Lotion.
- Do not use it under an airtight dressing.
- Do not let this Lotion come into contact with eyes, nose, mouth or any broken skin such as cuts, rashes.
Q: What should I watch for while using this medicine?
Q: Do I need a prescription for Betasalic S Lotion?
- Drugs H. Salicylic Acid Topical: MedlinePlus Drug Information [Internet]. Medlineplus.gov. 2021 [cited 10 May 2022].
- Salicylic acid | DermNet NZ [Internet]. Dermnetnz.org. 2021 [cited 10 May 2022].
- Salicylic Acid for Acne: Benefits, Dosages, and Side Effects [Internet]. Healthline. 2021 [cited 31 August 2021]