Betaloc 50mg Strip Of 15 Tablets
By ASTRAZENECA PHARMA INDIA LTD
15 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Betaloc Tablet contains Metoprolol as main ingredient. It is an "Anti-hypertensive" medicine used to lower the raised blood pressure and various other heart-related conditions such as angina (chest pa
in), heart failure, thus preventing further complications. Betaloc Tablet belongs to a "Selective beta-blocker" class of medicine, having action specific to the heart muscles. It acts by relaxing the blood vessels thereby reducing the load on the heart and decreasing the blood pressure. Do not abruptly stop taking this medicine. Betaloc Tablet should not be used in children below 18 years of age. You may experience dizziness, headache, difficulty in breathing while on this medicine. If these symptoms worsen or do not resolve reach out to the doctor immediately....
Uses of Betaloc 50mg Strip Of 15 Tablets
- Betaloc Tablet is used to treat high blood pressure mainly, along with certain heart conditions such as angina (chest pain), and heart failure.
- Decreased blood pressure helps prevent other conditions like kidney problems, stroke, heart attack and migraine.
Contraindications of Betaloc 50mg Strip Of 15 Tablets
- If you are allergic to Metoprolol or any other ingredient of Betaloc Tablet
- If you have any heart condition such as heart block, uncontrolled heart failure.
- If you have asthma or any lung condition
- If you have low blood pressure, diabetes
- If you have renal or liver disease
- If you have an electrolyte imbalance, acid-base imbalance
- If you have decreased heart rate
- If you are on medication like verapamil, diltiazem, disopyramide (heart medicine)
Side effects of Betaloc 50mg Strip Of 15 Tablets
- Decreased heart rate
- Difficulty in breathing
- A sudden drop in blood pressure when you stand from a seated or lying down position (orthostatic hypotension)
- Abdominal pain
Precautions and Warnings of Betaloc 50mg Strip Of 15 Tablets
Can I take Betaloc Tablet during pregnancy?
The use of Betaloc Tablet is not recommended during pregnancy unless prescribed by your doctor. Inform your doctor about the pregnancy and also if you think you may be pregnant.
Can I take Betaloc Tablet while breastfeeding?
Betaloc Tablet passes into the breast milk and may cause harm to the breastfeeding infant. You should not take this medicine unless prescribed by your doctor.
Can I drive if I have consumed Betaloc Tablet?
Betaloc Tablet can make you feel dizzy or sleepy. So, be cautious while driving after taking this medicine
Can I consume alcohol with Betaloc Tablet?
Alcohol might increase sleepiness or cause a drop in your blood pressure. Therefore, avoid drinking alcohol while taking Betaloc Tablet.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You experience any allergic reaction.
- You had any side effect after taking Betaloc Tablet.
- You have any medical conditions such as diabetes, heart condition, liver or kidney disease.
- You have respiratory conditions like asthma, obstructive lungs disease (COPD).
- Betaloc Tablet should not be used in children below 18 years of age.
Mode of Action of Betaloc 50mg Strip Of 15 Tablets
How Does It Work?
Betaloc Tablet works by relaxing the blood vessels, thus slowing down the heart rate. By doing this, it reduces the workload on the heart of pumping the blood effectively.
Directions for Use of Betaloc 50mg Strip Of 15 Tablets
Betaloc Tablet should be taken as directed by your doctor. Swallow it whole with a glass of water. Take it at a fixed time for optimal results. Do not consume it more than that prescribed by your doct
Interactions of Betaloc 50mg Strip Of 15 Tablets
Interactions with other medicines
- The effect of medications used to treat diabetes such as insulin may be increased with Betaloc Tablet.
- Medicine used to treat heart failure like digoxin may alter the effect.
- Medicine used to treat heart conditions such as verapamil, diltiazem, nifedipine can cause decreased heart rate, low blood pressure when used along with this medicine.
- Pain-killer medicines like diclofenac, indometacin may decrease the effect of Betaloc Tablet.
- Rifampicin (anti-tubercular) may decrease the effect of Betaloc Tablet, whereas paroxetine, fluoxetine, sertraline (mood elevator), cimetidine (acid-lowering), hydralazine (anti-allergic), lidocaine (anesthetic) may increase the effect of this medicine....Read more
- Concurrent use of hormonal pills such as oestrogen, decreases the anti-hypertensive action of this medicine.
- Concurrent use of certain medicines such as aldesleukin (skin cancer), alprostadil (erectile dysfunction), clonazepam, diazepine (mood and sleep) increases the effect of Betaloc Tablet.
- Discuss with your doctor about any other medicine, herbal preparation and supplements you are taking currently to avoid any possible interactions.
Storage and disposal of Betaloc 50mg Strip Of 15 Tablets
- Store below 25°C. Protect from light and moisture.
- Keep it out of the reach and sight of children and pets.
Dosage of Betaloc 50mg Strip Of 15 Tablets
Excess of Betaloc Tablet may cause decreased heart rate, low blood pressure, nausea, vomiting, heart failure, decreases blood sugar and oxygen levels, altered electrolyte levels and coma. If you have
taken too much of this medicine then contact your doctor or reach out to the nearest hospital immediately....
Missed a Dose
Take a dose as soon as you remember you have missed a dose. However, if you are close to the next dose, do not take the missed dose. Try to follow the Betaloc Tablet dosage regimen regularly. Do not t
ake extra doses of the medicine to make up for the missed dose....
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What will be the consequences if I stop Betaloc Tablet on my own?
A: If you stop a beta-blocker suddenly, you can suffer from chest pain, irregular heartbeat, or heart attack. Your doctor might tell you to decrease the dose gradually. Don’t suddenly stop taking a beta-blocker without talking to your doctor.
Q: What special precautions should I follow when on Betaloc Tablet?
A: If you experience any symptoms of dizziness, syncope, vision problems, sexual dysfunction, slowing of heart rate, etc., then immediately report to your doctor. The doctor will then adjust your dose depending on your blood pressure, heart rate, level of the medicine in your serum and other such relevant factors.
Q: What should be discussed with my healthcare provider before I start the medication of Betaloc 50mg Strip Of 15 Tablets?
A: You should give an account of your past or present diseases like liver, kidney or heart-related disorders, diabetes mellitus and thyroid disorders if any. You must inform your doctor about your ongoing prescription and non-prescription medicines, nutritional supplements, vitamins, herbal medicines, etc. Women should share information about pregnancy, use of oral birth control pills and other vital information like history of pregnancy-induced high blood pressure, if any.
Q: I have asthma. Is it safe for me to take Betaloc Tablet?
A: Some conditions like asthma might affect the use of Betaloc Tablet. Inform your doctor in detail about all the medical condition and medicine, before taking Betaloc Tablet.
Q: Is Betaloc Tablet a beta blocker?
A: Yes, Betaloc Tablet is a selective beta blocker, which is specific to the heart muscles.
Other Products from this Brand
Last Updated on: 26 Mar 2021 | 09:21 AM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
Offers Just for you
Get FREE HbA1c test + Flat 15% off on 1st medicine order
Flat 20% Off + 20% cashback on 1st medicine order + Flat Rs.100 off on min spend of Rs 749 on select styles on Myntra.
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved