Bell Pentolate Eye Drops
Pentolate 1 % Description
Pentolate Eye Drop is used before eye examinations and for the treatment of an eye condition called uveitis. Uveitis is a painful eye condition caused due to inflammation in the middle layer of the e
ye. It is also used to treat some types of inflammation of the eye (uveitis) and reduces redness and swelling. It contains cyclopentolate as its active ingredient. It belongs to a group of medicines called mydriatic (for pupil dilation) and cycloplegic (paralyze the lens temporarily before an eye examination or surgery). It should be used externally only. Avoid the use of contact lenses. Avoid touching the dropper with your eye. Before using it, please discuss with your doctor if you have any other eye conditions.
|You Save||₹5.12 (15% on MRP)|
|Uses||Uveitis, Eye examination|
|Side effects||Temporary stinging of the eye, increased pressure in the eye|
|Therapy||DRUGS FOR CYCLOPLEGIA|
Uses of Pentolate 1 %
- Eye examination (by enlarging the pupil of the eye and paralyzing the lens temporarily before an eye examination or surgery).
- Uveitis (inflammation of the eye)
Contraindications of Pentolate 1 %
- If you are allergic to cyclopentolate or any other ingredient of this medicine.
- If you are elderly and have a condition of glaucoma (increased pressure inside the eyes).
- If you wear contact lenses.
- If you have a condition of intestinal blockage.
- If you are using it in children, who have brain-related disorders, especially fits.
- If you are pregnant or breastfeeding.
- It is not recommended for use in infants below 3 years of age.
Side effects of Pentolate 1 %
- Temporary stinging of the eye
- Increased pressure in the eye
- Dry mouth
- Difficulty in passing urine
- Dry skin
Precautions and Warnings of Pentolate 1 %
Other General Warnings
- You are elderly and have a condition of glaucoma (increased pressure inside the eyes).
- You have an enlarged prostate (in men only).
- You have any kind of heart problem or coordination problem.
- You have inflammation in your eyes (redness or swelling).
- You are allergic to atropine.
Mode of Action of Pentolate 1 %
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Pentolate 1 %
- Use this medicine as instructed by your doctor.
- Follow directions carefully & do not miss an application.
- Wash your hands thoroughly before and after applying.
- Close your eyes for 2 - 3 minutes and do not blink or squeeze.
- Avoid touching your eyes with the dropper. Keep the dropper clean.
- Wipe any excess liquid from your face with a tissue.
- Use the exact number of drops recommended.
Interactions of Pentolate 1 %
Interactions with other medicines
- Since Pentolate Eye Drop is to be used externally, it is less likely to interact with other medicines. However, consult your doctor if you are taking other medicines for treating other health conditions, especially eye-related problems....
- In particular, if you are already taking certain medications such as antiallergic medicines, brain-related medicines, anti-depressants, antiparkinson disease or antiviral medicine for influenza A.
- Also, if you use another eye drop product, keep a minimum gap of at least 15-20 minutes between the application of two medicines.
Storage and disposal of Pentolate 1 %
- Store it at a temperature not exceeding 15°C - 25°C.
- Protect it from freezing.
- Keep it out of the reach of children and pets.
- Discard the solution if it changes colour, turns cloudy or if it contains particles.
Dosage of Pentolate 1 %
- As Pentolate Eye Drop is meant for external application, cases of overdose are unlikely. However, upon accidental ingestion, contact your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital.
- If you have applied extra quantities of it, wipe out the excess of the medicine with tissue or cotton.
Missed a Dose
B. Pharm, M. Pharm
Dr. Ritu Budania
MBBS, MD (Pharmacology)