Azithral 250mg Tablet
By ALEMBIC PHARMACEUTICALS
6 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Azithral 250mg Tablet is contains azithromycin. It is a higher antibiotic.
Uses of Azithral 250mg Tablet
- For the treatment of bacterial infection in the ears, lungs, throat, tonsils, airways and nasal passage
- Sexually transmitted diseases like chlamydia, skin and soft tissue infections
- Pneumonia or lung infection due to coming in contact with infected person (CAP)
- Infection of urinary system and genital parts in females
Contraindications of Azithral 250mg Tablet
If you are allergic to azithromycin or any other antibiotic from same class like erythromycin or any ingredient of this medicine,
Side effects of Azithral 250mg Tablet
- Dizziness, breathing difficulty, headache, irregular heart beat
- Diarrhoea, nausea, stomach pain, lack of appetite, fever
- Skin reaction, rash, itching, blistering, Swollen throat and lips fever
- Difficulty to pass urine, blood in urine
- Swelling of pancreas (pancreatitis), yellowing of the skin (Jaundice)
Precautions and Warnings of Azithral 250mg Tablet
Can I take Azithral 250mg Tablet during pregnancy?
It is recommended not to use this medicine if you are pregnant unless prescribed by your doctor.
Can I take Azithral 250mg Tablet while breastfeeding?
This medicine passes in breast milk in small quantities. Breastfeeding is not advised when you are taking this medicine. If it is really necessary to be taken by breastfeeding women, watch out for symptoms like rashes, diarrhoea and sleepiness in your breastfed baby.
Can I drive if I have consumed Azithral 250mg Tablet?
If you observe or experience any side effect like dizziness, fits you should not drive or use machines. Contact your doctor or pharmacist for further information.
Can I consume alcohol with Azithral 250mg Tablet?
You should not consume alcohol along with this medicine as alcohol can exaggerate the side effects like stomach upset, dizziness and drowsiness.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have heart problems or abnormal heart rhythms
- You experience severe and persistent diarrhoea after taking this medicine
- You have kidney or liver problems
- You have muscle weakness (myasthenia gravis)
- You have any neurological or psychiatric or mental problems
- Low levels of potassium or magnesium in your blood
- You have any allergic reactions like swollen throat, face, rash, fever, breathing difficulty, any other infection
Mode of Action of Azithral 250mg Tablet
How Does It Work?
Azithromycin works by killing or inhibiting the growth of bacteria that causes infection.
Directions for Use of Azithral 250mg Tablet
- Take it as a whole with sufficient amount of water as prescribed by your doctor.
- Complete the course of the this antibiotic medicine as prescribed by your doctor.
Interactions of Azithral 250mg Tablet
Interactions with other medicines
- Medicines used to manage stomach acid such as antacids should be taken with a minimum gap of at least one hour with this medicine.
- Medicines used for migraine, headaches such as ergotamine should not be used concomitantly.
- You may experience irregular heart rhythm if you are taking medicines like cisapride that is used to treat gastric reflux diseases.
- Medicine used during heart failure like digoxin, medicine used to treat gout like colchicine, immune system modifying medicine like cyclosporin, medicines used to stop blood clotting like warfarin, anti-allergic medicine like astemizole, should be used cautiously.read less
Storage and disposal of Azithral 250mg Tablet
It should be stored at room temperature, away from direct sunlight or heat, and keep out reach of children. Do not take this medicine after expiry date which is mentioned on the medicine.
Dosage of Azithral 250mg Tablet
Symptoms of overdose may be diarrhoea, loss of hearing, feeling sick. Seek medical attention in case you have consumed too much of this medicine.
Missed a Dose
Never miss your antibiotic medicine as it can lead to treatment failure and progression of infection. If you missed any dose of medicine take it as soon as you remember. If it's time for your next dose then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dose schedule.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Can I stop taking Azithral 250mg Tablet if I feel better?
A: No, it may decrease the effectiveness of treatment and will increase the resistance of bacteria. Always inform your doctor if you want to stop treatment.
Q: I am allergic to clarithromycin, can I take azithromycin?
A: No, you should not take this medicine if you have allergy to clarithromycin. You should also never take other medicines from the same class of antibiotics (macrolides) eg Clarithromucin, Erythromycin, Roxithromycin, Azithromycin and Fidaxomicin.
Other Products from this Brand
- Azithral 500 Mg Tab 5 S
- Azithral 250 Mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
- Azithral 500 Mg Strip Of 3 Tablets
- Azithral Dt 250 Mg Tab 5 S
- Azithral 100 Mg Bottle Of 15 Ml Liquid
- Azithral 200 Mg Liquid 15 Ml
- Azithral 1 Eye Oint 5 Gm
- Azithral Dt 250 Mg Tablet 3 S
- Azithral 250 Dt 10 S
- Azithral Eye Drops
- Azithral Dt 250 Mg Tab 10
- Azithral Junior Drops
- Azithral Dt 250 Mg Tab
- Azithral 500 Mg Injection
Last Updated on: 31 Jul 2020 | 07:00 PM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
Offers Just for you
Flat 25% Off on first medicine order
Upto Rs.600 cashback on Paytm wallet + Flat 25% off on your first medicine order
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved