Az1 250mg Cap
By KOPRAN PHARMACEUTICALS LIMITED
6 Capsule(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
15 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Az 1 Capsule is an antibiotic and is used to treat various types of bacterial infections of the ears, skin, throat, urinary tract, etc. It contains azithromycin as its active ingredient. This medicine should be taken as directed by the doctor and in doses and duration as prescribed. It can be taken with or without food. Before using Az 1 Capsule inform your doctor if you are pregnant, planning a pregnancy or breastfeeding and about your detailed medical history....
Uses of Az 1 250 MG
Az 1 Capsule is used for the treatment of bacterial infections of the ears, throat, tonsils, airways, lungs and nasal passage, sexually transmitted diseases like chlamydia, skin and soft tissue infections, infections of the urinary system and genital parts in females....
Contraindications of Az 1 250 MG
If you are allergic to azithromycin or any other antibiotic from the same class as erythromycin or any ingredient of Az 1 Capsule.
Side effects of Az 1 250 MG
- Stomach pain
Precautions and Warnings of Az 1 250 MG
Can I take Az 1 Capsule during pregnancy?
You should consult your doctor before using Az 1 Capsule, as there is limited safety data available during pregnancy. Your doctor will prescribe you this medicine only if considered essential after assessing the benefits over risks.
Can I take Az 1 Capsule while breastfeeding?
Azithromycin is present in breastmilk in low levels, thus please contact your doctor before using Az 1 Capsule while breastfeeding. If prescribed by a doctor, watch out for symptoms like rashes, diarrhoea and sleepiness in the breastfed baby.
Can I drive if I have consumed Az 1 Capsule?
Az 1 Capsule may cause dizziness or fits as side effects, thus you should avoid driving if you do not feel well or are unable to be alert.
Can I consume alcohol with Az 1 Capsule?
You must avoid consuming alcohol along with Az 1 Capsule as alcohol can exaggerate the side effects such as dizziness and drowsiness.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You develop any allergic reactions after taking Az 1 Capsule.
- You have heart problems or abnormal heart rhythms.
- You have problems with your liver or kidney.
- You suffer from any mental health problems.
- You have a condition that causes muscle weakness (myasthenia gravis).
- You experience severe and persistent diarrhoea after taking Az 1 Capsule.
- You have low levels of potassium or magnesium in your blood.
Mode of Action of Az 1 250 MG
How Does It Work?
Azithromycin in Az 1 Capsule works by killing or inhibiting the growth of bacteria that cause infection.
Directions for Use of Az 1 250 MG
- Az 1 Capsule should be taken as directed by your doctor.
- Swallow it as a whole with a glass of water, with or without food. Do not cut, break or chew the medicine.
- Take it at a fixed time for optimal results, and do not consume it more than that prescribed by your doctor.
- Complete the course of this antibiotic medicine as prescribed by your doctor.
Interactions of Az 1 250 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines can affect the way Az 1 Capsule works, or Az 1 Capsule itself can reduce the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Tell your doctor about all the medicines, supplements, or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interaction.
- Medicines used to manage stomach acid such as antacids should be taken with a minimum gap of at least one hour with Az 1 Capsule.
- Medicines used for migraine, and headaches such as ergotamine should not be used concomitantly.
- You may experience irregular heart rhythm if you are taking medicines like cisapride that are used to treat gastric reflux diseases.
- Medicine used during heart failure like digoxin, a medicine used to treat gout, like colchicine, immune system modifying medicine like cyclosporin, medicines used to stop blood clotting like warfarin, anti-allergic medicine like astemizole, should be used cautiously....
Storage and disposal of Az 1 250 MG
- Store Az 1 Capsule at room temperature, away from direct sunlight, moisture or heat.
- Keep them away from children and pets.
- Do not take this medicine after the expiry date, which is mentioned on the pack.
Dosage of Az 1 250 MG
Symptoms of overdose may be diarrhoea, loss of hearing, feeling sick. If you experience any of the symptoms or think you have taken too much of Az 1 Capsule, contact your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital....
Missed a Dose
If you missed any dose of Az 1 Capsule, then take it as soon as you remember. If it's time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dose schedule. Do not take a double dose of medicine to compensate for the missed one....
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What is the use of Az 1 Capsule?
A: Az 1 Capsule is used for the serious bacterial infections of eyes, ears, lungs, throat, airways and soft tissues. It is also used for the treatment of community-acquired pneumonia.
Q: Are there any side effects with Az 1 Capsule?
A: You may experience side effects like nausea, vomiting, diarrhoea, upset stomach, etc while using Az 1 Capsule.
Q: Can I take Az 1 Capsule for throat infection or cough?
A: A throat infection can be either due to a bacterial or a viral infection. Do not take Az 1 Capsule without consulting your doctor.
Q: Can I stop taking Az 1 Capsule if I start feeling better, and my symptoms are gone?
A: No, do not stop taking Az 1 Capsule before completing the treatment, as it may decrease the effectiveness of treatment and will increase the resistance of bacteria. Inform your doctor if you want to stop the treatment.
Q: Can I take Az 1 Capsule for fever?
A: Az 1 Capsule is an antibiotic and is not effective for controlling general fever. However, it is used in the treatment of enteric or typhoid fever due to a bacterial infection known as salmonella.
Q: What is the composition of Az 1 Capsule?
A: The composition of Az 1 Capsule is azithromycin as its active ingredient.
- Azithromycin 500mg Tablets - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 5 May 2022]
- Azithromycin 500mg Tablets - Patient information leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 5 May 2022]
- Azithromycin - Product Monograph [Internet]. Pdf.hres.ca. 2021 [cited 5 May 2022]
- Azithromycin [Internet]. Ncbi.nlm.nih.gov. 2021 [cited 5 May 2022]
- CDSCO [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2021 [cited 5 May 2022]
Expires on or After
The information provided herein is supplied to the best of our abilities to make it accurate and reliable as it is published after a review by a team of professionals. This information is solely intended to provide a general overview on the product and must be used for informational purposes only. You should not use the information provided herein to diagnose, prevent, or cure a health problem. Nothing contained on this page is intended to create a doctor-patient relationship, replace or be a substitute for a registered medical practitioner's medical treatment/advice or consultation. The absence of any information or warning to any medicine shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance. We highly recommend that you consult your registered medical practitioner for all queries or doubts related to your medical condition. You hereby agree that you shall not make any health or medical-related decision based in whole or in part on anything contained in the Site. Please click here for detailed T&C.