Atm 200mg Susp
By INDOCO REMEDIES LTD
15ml Dry Suspension in Bottle
Inclusive of all taxes
Non ReturnableRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Atm 200mg Susp contains azithromycin, an antibiotic used in the treatment of bacterial infection.
Uses of Atm 200mg Susp
- Respiratory tract infection
- Skin infection
- Ear infection
- Sexually transmitted diseases
- Travellers diarrhoea
Contraindications of Atm 200mg Susp
- Allergy to the medicine
- Erythromycin or any other macrolide or ketolide antibiotic
- History of cholestatic jaundice
Side effects of Atm 200mg Susp
- Side effects of Atm 200mg Susp include dizziness, mild stomach upset, stomach ache, nausea, diarrhoea, headache, loss of appetite, a sensation of pins and numbness in the skin, visual impairment, skin rash and itching, joint pain, irregular heartbeat, low blood pressure, inflammation of pancreas, allergic skin reaction and fatigueread less
Precautions and Warnings of Atm 200mg Susp
Can I take the medicine during pregnancy?
Do not take this medicine during pregnancy without consulting your doctor. It could be harmful.
Can I take the medicine while breastfeeding?
Do not take this medicine while breastfeeding. If you have consumed this medicine, immediately stop breastfeeding your baby; discard your breastmilk while using the medicine up until two days post-termination of treatment.
Can I drive if I have consumed the medicine?
You can drive if you are not experiencing dizziness after consuming this medicine.
Can I consume alcohol with the medicine?
Consult your doctor before consumption of alcohol during treatment with this medicine.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
You have any liver, kidney or heart problems, your blood potassium and magnesium levels are low, you are on migraine medicines like ergotamine, or you are having myasthenia gravis.
Mode of Action of Atm 200mg Susp
How Does It Work?
The antibiotic composition of Atm 200mg Susp inhibits bacterial protein synthesis by binding to specific sites of the bacterial nucleus and thus prevents survival and growth of bacteria.
Directions for Use of Atm 200mg Susp
Take this medicine as per your doctor's instructions.
Interactions of Atm 200mg Susp
Interactions with other medicines
- Atm 200mg Susp interacts with antacids and thus must be taken one hour prior or two hrs post-consumption of an antacid
- The medicine interacts with blood thinners such as enoxaprin, fondaparinux, heparin and warfarin and also interacts with inhibitors of blood clots like thrombin, bivalirudin and dalteparin
- The suspension should not be taken along with terfenadine as it might cause serious heart problems or with medicines such as zidovudine or nelfinavir (used to treat HIV infection), rifabutin (used to treat tuberculosis), quinidine (used to treat heart rhythm problems) or with cyclosporin (used post organ transplant)read less
Interactions with food items
This medicine and grapefruit juice are digested in a similar manner by the liver and thus interact with each other.
Storage and disposal of Atm 200mg Susp
Store this medicine at room temperature and away from excess heat, sunlight and moisture.
Dosage of Atm 200mg Susp
The dosage of Atm 200mg Susp prescribed by your doctor must be followed. Overdose causes diarrhoea, dyspepsia, dizziness, nausea and vomiting. Seek medical assistance if an overdose occurs.
Missed a Dose
Take the missed dosage but do not double the dose to compensate for the missed dose.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Are erythromycin and azithromycin same?
A: No, erythromycin and azithromycin are different antibiotics belonging to the same class of antibiotics. Azithromycin is a next-generation antibiotic of erythromycin class.
Q: What should I inform my healthcare provider before consuming this medicine?
A: Inform your healthcare provider about all your ongoing medication and about your medical conditions or allergies, if any.
- Drugs and Lactation Database. Azithromycin.
- electronic Medicines Compendium. Package leaflet: Information for the user. Azithromycin 500 mg tablets.
- DailyMed. Azithromycin- azithromycin monohydrate tablet, film coated.
- WebMD. Azithromycin suspension, extended release, reconstituted (suspension, ER, reconstituted).
- MedlinePlus. Azithromycin.
- PubChem. Azithromycin.
Last Updated on: 15 Aug 2020 | 04:43 PM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
Offers Just for you
Flat 20% off + 20% cashback on your 1st medicine order
Flat 20% off + 20% cashback on your 1st medicine order
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved