Asprito 5mg Tablet
By INTAS PHARMACEUTICALS LTD
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
We do not sell this product
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Asprito 5 mg belongs to a group of medicines called atypical antipsychotics. Aripiprazole is the active ingredient used in Asprito 5 mg. It works by regulating the levels of two chemical messengers, serotonin and dopamine, in the nerve endings of the brain to reduce the symptoms of various psychiatric ailments. Asprito 5 mg is used to treat schizophrenia and in cases of bipolar disorder and clinical depression. It has also been used in children for treating autism and Tourette’s syndrome. Anxiolytics like Asprito 5 mg help relieve symptoms of schizophrenia and manic disorders and enable a good quality of life by controlling mood and behaviour changes. Asprito 5 mg tablets should be taken whole with water. Side effects of Asprito 5 mg include headache, muscle tremors, dizziness, restlessness, constipation, and diarrhoea. Directions for use of Asprito 5 mg should be followed rigorously. Do not abruptly stop taking Asprito 5 mg tablets without consulting a doctor. Inform them of any medicines you are currently taking to avoid medicine interactions....
|You Save||₹11.34 (18% on MRP)|
|Best Offer||Use Code: 18SAVE & get 18% discount|
|Uses||Schizophrenia, Bipolar Disorder, Depression, Autism.|
|Side effects||Headache, Dizziness, Uncontrolled muscle movements, Weight gain, Constipation, Diarrhoea|
Check more medicines with composition as Aripiprazole(5.0 Mg)
Uses of Asprito 5 MG
- Asprito 5 mg is primarily used in the treatment of:
- Bipolar Disorder
- Clinical depression
- Tourette’s syndrome
Contraindications of Asprito 5 MG
- Do not take Asprito 5 mg Tablet or use with caution:
- If you have diabetes.
- If you are obese.
- If you have very low levels of white blood cells.
- If you have Alzheimer’s disease.
- If you have Parkinson’s disease.
- If you have a history of seizures.
- If you have poor heart health.
- If you have low blood pressure.
- If you have dementia.
- If you have any other brain disorder.
Side effects of Asprito 5 MG
- Involuntary muscle movements
- Stomach ache
- Weight gain
Precautions and Warnings of Asprito 5 MG
Can I take Asprito 5 mg during pregnancy?
Limited data available suggests that Asprito 5 mg may be used during pregnancy when the benefits outweigh the risks to the foetus. Consult your doctor before taking this medication if you are pregnant or plan to get pregnant.
Can I take Asprito 5 mg while breastfeeding?
Clinical studies on Asprito 5 mg tablets taken by breastfeeding mothers is limited. At low doses, aripiprazole is found in low levels in breastmilk. It may be considered for treatment while breastfeeding, only when necessary and only if other safer medication choices are not available. Please consult your doctor before starting Asprito 5 mg tablet while breastfeeding.
Can I drive if I have taken Asprito 5 mg?
No. Asprito 5 mg can cause side effects of headache, dizziness, blurry vision, and unclear thinking. Therefore, operating heavy machinery or driving is not advisable while taking Asprito 5 mg tablets.
Can I consume alcohol with Asprito 5 mg?
Alcohol consumption with Asprito 5 mg tablets can enhance and cause severe side effects like headache, dizziness, unclear thinking, and diarrhoea. Therefore alcohol consumption should be kept at a minimum or under check while on this medication.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have severe side effects after taking Asprito 5 mg.
- You find that the side effects are worsening with time.
- You want to discontinue taking the medication.
- You want to change the dosage or timing of the dose.
- You encounter any other medical issues or get depressive thoughts after taking Asprito 5 mg tablets.
Mode of Action of Asprito 5 MG
How Does It Work?
Asprito 5 mg contains the active ingredient aripiprazole. This medicine acts by regulating levels of chemical messengers like serotonin and dopamine at the nerve endings of brain cells. This reduces their overaction leading to a relaxed and calming effect on the affected person. Schizophrenia displays symptoms wherein the affected person has hallucinations (seeing things that are not present and believing imaginary things to have happened). Asprito 5 mg helps relieve these symptoms and improves thinking ability, stabilises moods in bipolar issues, and brings about acceptable behavioural changes in people with depression and autism....
Directions for Use of Asprito 5 MG
- Asprito 5 mg is an oral tablet to be taken whole with water.
- It can be taken with or without food, depending on the instructions of your physician.
- Individual doses are prescribed by the physician after a thorough medical examination.
- Do not crush or try to powder the tablet for consumption.
- Any changes in dosage or stopping the medicine should only be done after consultation with your physician. Do not abruptly stop taking the medicine on your own.
Interactions of Asprito 5 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Asprito 5 mg does not cause any severe reactions when taken along with most other medications; however, it may cause problems when taken with:
- Antibiotics like clarithromycin
- Antidepressants like paroxetine and fluoxetine
- Antifungals like ketoconazole and fluconazole
Interactions with food items
- As per existing data, aripiprazole, the active ingredient of Asprito 5 mg, does not cause any known adverse interactions with food.
Storage and disposal of Asprito 5 MG
A single box of Asprito 5 mg comes in a pack of 10 tablets. Keep Asprito 5 mg tablets at room temperature (15-30 degrees Celsius). Keep out of reach of children and pets. Disposal of Asprito 5 mg tablets (and packaging) should be along with other medical waste. Care should be taken to not dispose of unused Asprito tablets in sinks or along with other household waste....
Dosage of Asprito 5 MG
Asprito 5 mg is considered a safe medication due to its safety range and tendency not to cause serious side effects. Accidental overdose of Asprito 5 mg tablets can cause fainting, very low blood pressure, sedation, and high prolactin values. Please seek immediate medical care....
Missed a Dose
If you have missed taking your Asprito 5 mg tablets, take them immediately when you remember. However, if you remember missing the dose close to your next dose, do not take two doses to make up for the missed one. Inform your doctor and always take only one dose at the specified time....
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: How long will Asprito 5 mg tablets take to work for me?
A: It may take a few days to a few weeks depending on the individual. The usual reaction time for Asprito 5 mg to show effective results is 4-6 weeks.
Q: Does Asprito 5 mg cause weight gain?
A: Side effects of Asprito may include headache, dizziness, and weight gain. Affected persons are advised to maintain a healthy lifestyle with diet and exercise while undergoing psychiatric treatment.
Q: Can I take Asprito 5 mg at night?
A: Asprito 5 mg is usually advised as a single dose to be taken in the morning, but most studies suggest there is no significant difference if you take it at night. Consult your doctor for dosage and timing instructions.
- Fleischhacker WW. Aripiprazole. Expert Opin Pharmacother [Internet]. 2005. 6(12): 2091–1012005 [cited 27 Jan 2022] -
- Aripiprazole: Macular Skin Rashes: Case Report. React Wkly [Internet]. 2015. 1539(1): 48–48 [cited 27 Jan 2022]
- Aripiprazole 5mg Tablets: Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. org.uk. [cited 27 Jan 2022]
- Aripiprazole (Abilify) [Internet]. nami.org. [cited 27 Jan 2022] -
Country of Origin
Expires on or After
The information provided herein is supplied to the best of our abilities to make it accurate and reliable as it is published after a review by a team of professionals. This information is solely intended to provide a general overview on the product and must be used for informational purposes only. You should not use the information provided herein to diagnose, prevent, or cure a health problem. Nothing contained on this page is intended to create a doctor-patient relationship, replace or be a substitute for a registered medical practitioner's medical treatment/advice or consultation. The absence of any information or warning to any medicine shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance. We highly recommend that you consult your registered medical practitioner for all queries or doubts related to your medical condition. You hereby agree that you shall not make any health or medical-related decision based in whole or in part on anything contained in the Site. Please click here for detailed T&C.