By ALCHEMIST LIFE SCIENCE LTD
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
7 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Artigard Tablet Description
Artigard Tablet is used for the repair and maintenance of the cartilages around your joints. It is also used for slowing the progression of osteoarthritis. Artigard contains chondroitin and glucosami
ne as its active medicines. Take this medicine as prescribed by your doctor.
|Contains||Glucosamine(500.0 Mg) + Chondroitin Sulfate(200.0 Mg)|
|Side effects||Headache, nausea, diarrhoea, abdominal discomfort|
|Therapy||DRUGS FOR OSTEOARTHRITIS|
Check more medicines with composition as Glucosamine(500.0 Mg) + Chondroitin Sulfate(200.0 Mg)
Uses of Artigard Tablet
Artigard Tablet is used for the treatment of osteoarthritis (degeneration of joint cartilage or bone).
Contraindications of Artigard Tablet
- If you are allergic to chondroitin, glucosamine or any other ingredients of Artigard Tablet.
- If you are allergic to shellfish.
- If you are giving it to children under 2 years of age.
Side effects of Artigard Tablet
- Abdominal discomfort
- Skin rash
Precautions and Warnings of Artigard Tablet
Can I take Artigard Tablet during pregnancy?
Limited information is available on the effect of Artigard Tablet in pregnant women. It is advised to avoid this medicine during pregnancy.
Can I take Artigard Tablet while breastfeeding?
There is limited information on if Artigard Tablet passes into human breast milk. Thus, it is better to avoid this medicine while you are breastfeeding your baby.
Can I drive if I have consumed Artigard Tablet?
Limited information is available on the effects of Artigard Tablet on your driving ability. If you experience any side effects after taking this medicine that may affect your ability to drive safely, it is suggested to avoid driving.
Can I consume alcohol with Artigard Tablet?
Alcohol is not known to interact with Artigard Tablet. Ask your doctor for advice on the use of alcohol along with this medicine.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You are a diabetic patient.
- You suffer from liver or kidney diseases.
- You suffer from heart disease or have high cholesterol levels.
- You are asthmatic or obese.
- You suffer from high blood pressure.
- You take blood thinners or any other medicine for a blood clotting disorder.
- You suffer from prostate cancer.
Mode of Action of Artigard Tablet
How Does It Work?
- Artigard Tablet contains a combination of chondroitin and glucosamine as active substances.
- Chondroitin is the building block of cartilage along with glucosamine and is helpful in the repair of damaged cartilages in patients suffering from osteoarthritis.
- Glucosamine helps in increasing the lubrication around your joints by increasing the production of naturally occurring fluid present in the joint space, which tends to dry up with ageing and in joint diseases....
Directions for Use of Artigard Tablet
- Take Artigard as prescribed by your doctor.
- You should take this medicine regularly at the same time for optimal results.
- Do not consume more than the dose prescribed by your doctor.
Interactions of Artigard Tablet
Interactions with other medicines
- Certain medicines can interfere with the action of Artigard Tablet or this medicine itself can affect the action of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Tell your doctor about all the medicines, supplements or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interaction.
- Concomitant use of Artigard with blood thinners like warfarin can lead to increased bleeding or bruising.
- Caution should be taken when prescribing this medicine with insulin or other antidiabetic medicines.
Storage and disposal of Artigard Tablet
- Store Artigard Tablet in a cool and dry place.
- Keep it out of the reach of children and pets.
Dosage of Artigard Tablet
If you have taken too much of Artigard Tablet, then contact your doctor or reach out to the nearest hospital immediately.
Missed a Dose
If you have missed taking any dose of Artigard Tablet, then take it as soon as you remember. If it's already time for the next dose, then skip the missed dose and follow the regular dose schedule.
Dr. Mansi Savla
B. Pharm, PharmD
Dr. Ritu Budania
MBBS, MD (Pharmacology)
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Can I take Artigard Tablet for my joint pain?
A: Artigard Tablet is good for your joints, it will slow the progression of osteoarthritis and increase lubrication of joints over a period of time. You will not get immediate relief in joint pain from this medicine. Consult your doctor and get a suitable medicine prescribed for pain.
Q: What is the use of Artigard Tablet?
- Artigard Tablet is used for the repair and maintenance of the cartilages around your joints.
- It is also used for slowing the progression of osteoarthritis (degeneration of joint cartilage or bone).
- Dona 1500mg Powder for Oral Solution [Internet]. Irish Medicines Board; 2022 [cited 15 June 2022]
- CDSCO [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2022 [cited 15 June 2022]
- Chondromel 400 mg Capsules. Health Products Regulatory Authority; 2022 [cited 215 June 2022]
- Glucozone-ct [Internet]. Leeford.in. 2022 [cited 15 June 2022]
Expires on or After
The information provided herein is supplied to the best of our abilities to make it accurate and reliable as it is published after a review by a team of professionals. This information is solely intended to provide a general overview on the product and must be used for informational purposes only. You should not use the information provided herein to diagnose, prevent, or cure a health problem. Nothing contained on this page is intended to create a doctor-patient relationship, replace or be a substitute for a registered medical practitioner's medical treatment/advice or consultation. The absence of any information or warning to any medicine shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance. We highly recommend that you consult your registered medical practitioner for all queries or doubts related to your medical condition. You hereby agree that you shall not make any health or medical-related decision based in whole or in part on anything contained in the Site. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed