Aristocillin 250mg Capsule
Aristocillin 250 MG Description
Aristocillin Capsule is an antibiotic medicine used for the treatment of bacterial infections such as infections of the lungs, airways, throat, skin, soft tissues, sexually transmitted diseases, urin
ary tract, etc. It contains ampicillin as an active ingredient that belongs to the penicillin group of antibiotics.
Uses of Aristocillin 250 MG
Contraindications of Aristocillin 250 MG
- If you are allergic to ampicillin or any of the other ingredients of Aristocillin Capsule.
- If you are allergic to any other antibiotics belonging to penicillin or cephalosporin class of antibiotics (called beta-lactams).
- If you have any liver or kidney diseases.
- If you are pregnant or a breastfeeding mother.
Side effects of Aristocillin 250 MG
Precautions and Warnings of Aristocillin 250 MG
Other General Warnings
- You have a history of allergic reactions like skin rash and swelling of the face or neck due to antibiotic use.
- You are already taking any other antibiotic medicine.
- You have any blood-related disorder.
- You have kidney problems.
- You have low immunity or have glandular fever.
- You are going to have urine tests for glucose, as this medicine may affect the test results.
Mode of Action of Aristocillin 250 MG
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Aristocillin 250 MG
- Aristocillin Capsule will be given in the hospital by your doctor or nurse as an injection.
- Do not self-inject this medicine.
Interactions of Aristocillin 250 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Aristocillin Capsule may interact with other medicines. Discuss with your doctor about all the medicines, supplements or herbal preparations you are taking.
- In particular, if you are taking any other antibiotic medicines, anti-gout medicines, oral contraceptives, etc.
Storage and disposal of Aristocillin 250 MG
- Store Aristocillin Capsule at room temperature.
- Keep it out of the reach of children.
Dosage of Aristocillin 250 MG
Missed a Dose
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What is the composition of Aristocillin Capsule?
Q: Is Aristocillin Capsule an antibiotic medicine?
Q: What is the dose of Aristocillin Capsule?
- Ampicillin 500 mg powder for solution for injection- Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 4 June2022]
- Ampicillin for injection [Internet]. pfizer.com. 2022 [cited 4 June2022]
- Penbritin 500 mg Capsules - Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 4 June2022]
- CDSCO [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2021 [cited 4 June 2022]