Amicon 25mg Tablet
Amicon 25 MG Description
Amicon Tablet is a prescription medication that treats patients with moderate to severe depression and anxiety. Depression is a type of mental disorder that causes a persistent feeling of sadness,
hopelessness, and loss of interest, affecting the normal passage of life. Anxiety refers to the feeling of persistent fear, worry and restlessness in everyday life. Amicon has Amitriptyline as the primary ingredient. Amitriptyline is a type of Tricyclic Antidepressant. It works by balancing certain chemicals in the brain that help in relieving the pain and also helps to elevate the mood. Amicon tablets can exhibit various side effects like drowsiness, dry mouth, headache, nausea, and constipation. This medicine is taken only with a doctor’s recommendation and is usually consumed as a long term medication.
|You Save||₹2.88 (12% on MRP)|
|Uses||Depression, Anxiety, Neuropathic pain, Migraine|
|Side effects||Drowsiness, Dry Mouth, Headache, Nausea, Constipation|
Uses of Amicon 25 MG
- Major Depressive Disorder
- Neuropathic pain
Contraindications of Amicon 25 MG
- If you are allergic to or hypersensitive to Amitriptyline.
- If you have a recent history of a heart attack.
- If you are taking MAO (Monoamine Oxidase) Inhibitors like Selegiline.
- If you have suicidal thoughts.
- If you have heart problems.
- If you have a kidney problem.
- If you have a liver problem.
Side effects of Amicon 25 MG
- Dry Mouth
- Weight gain
- Orthostatic Hypotension (lowering of blood pressure while standing)
Precautions and Warnings of Amicon 25 MG
Other General Warnings
- You are under 18.
- You have suicidal thoughts.
- You have a history of any visual, liver, or kidney disorder or mental condition.
- You are taking any medicine for chronic medical conditions.
- You take any herbal or ayurvedic medicine, vitamins or supplements. Informing your doctor about them is necessary.
- You have diabetes; it can increase blood sugar.
- You should apply sunscreen while outdoors as Amicon Tablet can make you sensitive to the sun.
- You operate heavy machinery.
- You want to stop taking Amicon Tablet.
Mode of Action of Amicon 25 MG
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Amicon 25 MG
- Amicon Tablet should be taken only according to a doctor's recommendation. It is usually prescribed as a long term medicine and has to be taken every day.
- Amicon tablets can be taken with or without food. It is preferred to take it with food to avoid stomach problems.
- It is important to formulate a strict schedule and adhere to it.
- Do not stop taking the dose without consulting your doctor. Please consult the doctor if you want to alter the dose or notice any side effects.
- Cyclotin tablet has to be taken orally as a whole tablet with a glass of water. The tablet should not be distorted for use.
Interactions of Amicon 25 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Monoamine Oxidase Inhibitor Selegiline can cause severe side effects.
- Blood thinners like Warfarin can cause bleeding/bruises.
- Atropine, Belladonna (anticholinergic medicines), Alprazolam (anti-anxiety medicines) can increase the nervous system depression.
- Carbamazepine (anti-epileptic medicine) can decrease the metabolism of such medicines.
- Tramadol, Oxycodone (painkiller) can increase the severity of side effects.
- Aspirin, Diclofenac (painkillers) can increase the risk of bleeding in the body.
Interactions with food items
- Amicon Tablet is not known to interact with any kind of particular food item.
Storage and disposal of Amicon 25 MG
Dosage of Amicon 25 MG
Missed a Dose
Dr. Suneet Monga
BDS, MDS (Paediatric & Preventive Dentistry) MMCDSR
Dr. Vijay Y
MBBS, MD in Clinical Pharmacology