By ABBOTT HEALTHCARE PVT LTD
50mg Powder For Infusion in Injection
Price to be Updated
Out of Stock
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Ambihope Powder For Infusion is an antifungal medication. It contains amphotericin B as the active ingredient. Amphotericin B is prescribed for the treatment of serious fungal infections. This medicin
e works by slowing down the growth of fungus. Ambihope Powder For Infusion is to be administered by a doctor or nurse in a clinical setting only. The doses and duration are determined by the doctor after accessing your condition. Inform your doctor about your complete medical history before initiating the treatment....
Uses of Ambihope Inj
- Serious fungal infections
- Kala azar (visceral leishmaniasis)
Contraindications of Ambihope Inj
If you are allergic to amphotericin B or ingredients present along with it.
Side effects of Ambihope Inj
- Decrease in serum potassium levels
- Pain or swelling at the injection site
Precautions and Warnings of Ambihope Inj
Can I take Ambihope Powder For Infusion during pregnancy?
There is limited safety information available about use of the Ambihope Powder For Infusion in pregnant women.
Can I take Ambihope Powder For Infusion while breastfeeding?
It is not known if the component of this medicine passes in breastmilk. Consult your doctor before taking this injection if you are a lactating woman.
Can I drive if I have taken Ambihope Powder For Infusion?
This injection is usually given to an individual who is being treated in a healthcare set up and their health condition may not allow them to drive. However, Ambihope Powder For Infusion does not have any effect on the driving ability of an individual.
Can I consume alcohol if I have taken Ambihope Powder For Infusion?
Although the interaction of the Ambihope Powder For Infusion with alcohol is not known, it is advisable to consult your doctor if you drink too often.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have a liver or kidney-related disorder.
- You experience skin allergy and rashes after taking this medicine.
- Amphotericin B must not be used for superficial fungal infections.
- When on treatment with the Ambihope Powder For Infusion, your doctor may ask you to perform blood tests to monitor your potassium, magnesium levels and kidney function.
Mode of Action of Ambihope Inj
How Does It Work?
Ambihope Powder For Infusion contains amphotericin B, an antifungal medicine. Amphotericin B binds to the fungal cells and makes them more porous that leads to the leakage of cell components and funga
l cell death....
Directions for Use of Ambihope Inj
- Ambihope Powder For Infusion will be administered by a doctor in a clinical or a hospital setting.
- Please follow any after-care instructions given by your doctor or nurse.
Interactions of Ambihope Inj
Interactions with other medicines
- Certain medicines can affect the way the Ambihope works or Ambihope itself can affect the action of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Tell your doctor about all the medicines, supplements or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interaction.
- Especially, if you are taking medicines to treat cancer, high blood pressure, heart conditions, immunosuppressants, pain killers, muscle relaxants and steroids.
Storage and disposal of Ambihope Inj
- Store it in temperatures between 2-8 degrees celsius away from light and moisture.
- Keep it out of the reach of children and pets.
- Discard any unused medicine properly.
Dosage of Ambihope Inj
This medicine is given/administered by a trained health care professional. The likelihood of an overdose is very low.
Missed a Dose
This medicine is given/administered by a trained health care professional at the appropriate time in a hospital or clinic. The likelihood of missing a dose is very low.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What is Ambihope Powder For Infusion?
A: Ambihope Powder For Infusion is an anti-fungal medication. It contains amphotericin B as the active ingredient. It is used to treat serious fungal infections or visceral leishmaniasis commonly known as kala-azar in India.
Q: How is Ambihope Powder For Infusion given?
A: Ambihope Powder For Infusion is given as an intravenous injection or infusion by a doctor or nurse in a hospital or clinic. An allergy test is usually performed by administering an initial test dose before initiating the treatment. If no allergic reactions develop, the doctor or nurse will continue with the treatment.
Q: How Ambihope Powder For Infusion works?
A: Ambihope Powder For Infusion is an antifungal medicine containing amphotericin B as its active ingredient. It works by binding to the fungal cells and makes them more porous leading to the leakage of cell components and fungal cell death.
- Ampholip [Internet]. Bharatserums.com. 2021 [cited 14 May 2021].
- AmBisome Liposomal 50 mg Powder for dispersion for infusion - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 14 May 2021]
- DailyMed - AMBISOME- amphotericin b injection, powder, lyophilized, for solution [Internet]. Dailymed.nlm.nih.gov. 2021 [cited 14 May 2021].
- CDSCO [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2021 [cited 14 May 2021].
Last Updated on: 25 Aug 2021 | 07:10 PM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
Offers Just for you
Get FREE HbA1c test + Flat 15% off on 1st medicine order
Flat 20% Off + 20% cashback on 1st medicine order + Flat Rs.100 off on min spend of Rs 749 on select styles on Myntra.
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved