Althrocin 500mg Tablet
Althrocin 500 MG Description
Althrocin 500 tablet is an antibiotic. It is used to treat infections caused by the bacteria, such as infections of the lungs, airways, throat, ear, intestine, reproductive tract, urinary tract and skin infections. Althrocin contains erythromycin as its active substance. It works by stopping the growth of bacteria, thereby preventing the spread of infection. Take Althrocin 500 tablet as prescribed by your doctor and for the exact prescribed duration. You should take Althrocin 500 with or after food to avoid stomach upset. You should always complete the prescribed course of treatment. Incomplete treatment may result in treatment failure, increased risk of re-infection or development of antibiotic resistance. While on Althrocin 500, you may experience side effects like diarrhoea, nausea, vomiting and headache. If you feel the side effects persist or your condition worsens, you should contact your doctor immediately.
- Trueryth 500mg Strip Of 10 TabletsBy Avighna Medicare Pvt Ltd10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 115.00₹ 74.7520.26% CHEAPER₹ 7.48/Tablet
Uses of Althrocin 500 MG
Contraindications of Althrocin 500 MG
- If you are allergic to erythromycin or any other ingredients of Althrocin 500 tablet.
- If you are already taking other blood pressure-lowering medicines or medicines for migraine such as ergotamine, etc.
Side effects of Althrocin 500 MG
- Stomach discomfort
- Inflammation of the pancreas
- Decreased appetite
Precautions and Warnings of Althrocin 500 MG
Other General Warnings
- You have or had liver or kidney disease.
- You experience persistent diarrhoea even after stopping the treatment with this medicine.
- You have heart-related diseases such as irregular heart rate.
- You have myasthenia gravis characterised by muscle weakness.
- You have any other medical condition and are on medication.
- Althrocin 500 tablets should not be used by children below 2 years of age.
Directions for Use of Althrocin 500 MG
Storage and disposal of Althrocin 500 MG
- Store Althrocin 500 tablets at a temperature below 25°C in a cool and dry place.
- Keep it out of the reach of children and pets.
Quick Tips of Althrocin 500 MG
- Althrocin 500 mg tablet, is an antibiotic used for the treatment of bacterial infections of the throat, ear, intestine, reproductive tract, urinary tract, and lungs. It should not be used for treating any other condition unless specified by the doctor....
- You should always complete the entire course of treatment with antibiotics as prescribed by your doctor, even if you start feeling better after taking this medicine. Missing a dose or stopping this medicine can cause treatment failure....
- Getting enough sleep each night helps your body recover.
- Avoid alcohol and smoking, as these can weaken the immune system and make it more difficult for your body to fight against infections.
- Before starting Althrocin 500 tablet, inform your doctor if you are pregnant, planning on becoming pregnant, or breastfeeding. If you conceive while taking this medicine, stop taking this medicine immediately and inform your doctor....
- Also, inform your doctor about all other medicines that you take and your complete medical history.
- Stomach discomfort, fever, decreased appetite, and nausea/vomiting may occur in some individuals with the use of Althrocin 500. Inform your doctor if the side effects do not resolve even after completing the entire course of this medicine....
- This medicine should not be given to children under 2 years of age.
Dosage of Althrocin 500 MG
Missed a Dose
Mode of Action of Althrocin 500 MG
How Does It Work?
Interactions of Althrocin 500 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Certain medicines can interfere with the action of Althrocin 500 tablet or this medicine itself can affect the action of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Always inform your doctor about all the medicine you are taking, that includes all prescribed or non-prescribed herbal medicines, dietary supplements as well as other treatment if you are taking for any disorder....
- In particular, if you are taking medicines for allergy, heart diseases, migraine, brain-related disorders, medicines for reducing stomach acid, anti-coagulants, immunosuppressants, anti-fungal medicines, other antibiotics such as clindamycin, lincomycin, etc....
- Other medicines that should be used with caution are cholesterol-lowering medicines such as lovastatin, simvastatin, etc.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What are the precautions that should I take while on Althrocin 500 tablet?
Q: What should I discuss with my healthcare provider before taking Althrocin 500 tablet?
Q: Is Althrocin 500 tablet an antibiotic?
Q: Are Althrocin 500 tablet and Azithromycin the same?
Q: How long should I take the Althrocin 500 tablet?
Q: Does Althrocin 500 cause diarrhoea?
Q: Can I stop taking Althrocin 500 on my own if I feel better?
Q: Can I take the Althrocin 500 for cold and fever?
Q: Can I take Althrocin 500 tablet for throat infection or cough?
Q: How do you take Althrocin?
Q: Does Althrocin treat a fever?
- Erythrocin 500 Tablets - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 10 May 2022]
- Lactmed - Erythromycin [Internet]. Ncbi.nlm.nih.gov. 2022 [cited 10 May 2022]
- CDSCO [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2022 [cited 10 May 2022]
- Erythrocin 500 Tablets - Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 10 May 2022]