Alpaz Sr 0.5mg Tablets
Alpaz Sr 0.5mg Tablets Description
Alpaz Sr 0.5mg Tablets is used to treat a brain-related disorder such as severe anxiety, anxiety associated with depression (low mood associated with fear and stress) and panic disorders (a feeling
of terror, without any association of real danger). Alpaz Sr 0.5mg Tablets has alprazolam as its main ingredient. Alpaz Sr 0.5mg Tablets enhances the effect of the chemical substance GABA, thereby reducing and inhibiting the abnormal and excessive nerve cells and nerve transmission within the brain. Take this medicine as advised by your doctor and in doses and duration as prescribed. Do not stop taking this medicine without consulting your doctor, as the sudden stopping of this medicine may result in worsening of the condition. Your doctor will gradually reduce the dose of the medicine.
Uses of Alpaz Sr 0.5mg Tablets
Contraindications of Alpaz Sr 0.5mg Tablets
- If you are allergic to alprazolam or other ingredients present in the Alpaz Sr 0.5mg Tablets .
- If you suffer from a very weak and tired muscles condition (myasthenia gravis).
- If you have severe chest problems and irregular breathing difficulties even while sleeping (chronic bronchitis, sleep apnoea).
- If you have severe liver problems. If you are on antifungal medicine such as ketoconazole and itraconazole.
- If you have narrow-angle glaucoma (increased pressure within the eye).
Side effects of Alpaz Sr 0.5mg Tablets
- Decreased appetite
- Altered co-ordination or balance
- Memory impairment
- Slurred speech
Precautions and Warnings of Alpaz Sr 0.5mg Tablets
Other General Warnings
- You have or had any psychiatric disorder such as maina, suicide.
- You have lung, kidney or liver problems.
- You have fits.
- You are pregnant.
- You have difficulty in passing urine after taking this medicine.
- You are an elderly patient.
- You are any painkiller such as morphine, tramadol, etc.
- You have or had experienced any withdrawal or dependence effects, as a result of abruptly stopping the treatment.
Mode of Action of Alpaz Sr 0.5mg Tablets
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Alpaz Sr 0.5mg Tablets
- Take this medication as whole with a glass of water.
- Take it as advised by doctor at prescribed dose and duration, perferably at same time daily.
Interactions of Alpaz Sr 0.5mg Tablets
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines can affect the way this medicine works or this medicine itself can reduce the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time. Tell your doctor about all the medicines, supplements or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interaction. Especially if you are taking medicines to treat epilepsy (fits), heart problems, an anti-hypertensive medicine, psychiatric illnesses or medicine to treat the brain-related disorder, anti-infective medicine, painkiller, antacids, anti-allergic, and oral contraceptive medicine. Alpaz Sr 0.5mg Tablets must not be used along with medicines used to treat HIV infection like abacavir, zidovudine, medicines used to treat fungal infections like ketoconazole, antibiotics like erythromycin, clarithromycin and medicines used to treat psychiatric illness like nefazodone are contraindicated....
Storage and disposal of Alpaz Sr 0.5mg Tablets
- Keep this medicine out of the sight and reach of children.
- Do not use this medicine after the expiry date which is stated on the carton.
- Do not store it above 25°C.
- Do not throw the medication via household waste of wastewater. Ask your pharmacist about the proper disposal of medicines no longer required.
Dosage of Alpaz Sr 0.5mg Tablets
Missed a Dose
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Is Alpaz Sr 0.5mg Tablets addictive?
Q: Does Alpaz Sr 0.5mg Tablets make you feel sleepy?
Q: Can I take Alpaz Sr 0.5mg Tablets for pain?
- CDSCO [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2022 [cited 21 June 2022]
- Alprax 0.25mg Tablet [Internet]. Torrentian.com. 2022 [cited 21 June 2022]
- Xanax Tablets 250 micrograms - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 21 June 2022]
- DailyMed - ALPRAZOLAM tablet [Internet]. Dailymed.nlm.nih.gov. 2022 [cited 21 June 2022]