By CENTAUR PHARMACEUTICALS PVT LTD
15ml Oral Drop in Bottle
Inclusive of all taxes
7 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Albutamol Drops Description
Albutamol Oral Drop is a cough preparation. It contains a combination of ambroxol, guaifenesin and levosalbutamol. Albutamol Oral Drop is used for the treatment of productive cough associated with sp
asms or constriction of airways in conditions such as bronchitis and bronchial asthma. It is also used for all conditions associated with thick mucous, wheezing and chest congestion. It works by relaxing the muscles of the airways and making them cough less thick which can be expelled out easily. This medicine is meant to be used in adults and children above 6 years of age. For children, this medicine should be used under adult supervision.
|You Save||₹8.77 (15% on MRP)|
|Contains||Ambroxol(7.5 Mg) + Guaiphenesin / Guaifenesin(12.5 Mg) + Salbutamol / Albuterol(0.5 Mg)|
|Uses||Cough with mucus|
|Side effects||Taste disturbance, nausea|
|Therapy||COUGH COLD PREPARATION|
Check more medicines with composition as Ambroxol(7.5 Mg) + Guaiphenesin / Guaifenesin(12.5 Mg) + Salbutamol / Albuterol(0.5 Mg)
Uses of Albutamol Drops
Albutamol Oral Drop is used for the treatment of productive cough associated with spasm or constriction of airways in conditions such as bronchitis and bronchial asthma. It is also used for all conditions associated with thick mucous, wheezing and chest congestion....
Contraindications of Albutamol Drops
- If you are allergic to this medicine or any ingredient of this medicine.
- If you are suffering from gastric ulcers.
- If you are pregnant or are breastfeeding or planning to have a baby.
- If you have any heart condition or significant risk factors for ischaemic heart disease.
- This medicine should not be used in children below 6 years of age.
Side effects of Albutamol Drops
- Taste disturbance
- Numb sensation in the mouth, throat and tongue
Precautions and Warnings of Albutamol Drops
Can I take Albutamol Oral Drop during pregnancy?
There is limited information available about the safety of this medicine in pregnancy. This medicine should be used with extreme caution during pregnancy.
Can I take Albutamol Oral Drop while breastfeeding?
Albutamol Oral Drop should be used with caution in nursing mothers due to lack of adequate safety information.
Can I drive if I have consumed Albutamol Oral Drop?
Albutamol Oral Drop is not known to affect your driving ability. However, if you experience any side effects like dizziness and drowsiness, avoid driving and operating machines.
Can I consume alcohol with Albutamol Oral Drop?
Consult your doctor if you have a regular habit of drinking. Alcohol can aggravate some of the side effects of this medicine.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have or had a cough for a long time.
- You have asthma or have experienced serious asthma attacks.
- You have or had a liver or kidney problem, any form of ulcer.
- You have a condition of compromised airway movement (ciliary dyskinesia).
- You have a regular habit of drinking or consuming alcohol too often.
Mode of Action of Albutamol Drops
How Does It Work?
Albutamol Oral Drop acts by thinning, liquefying and loosening the mucous that is blocking the airways so it can be coughed out easily. It also relaxes the airways and makes breathing easier.
Directions for Use of Albutamol Drops
- Take Albutamol Oral Drop as directed by your doctor.
- Shake it well before use, do not take it directly from the bottle.
- Use a measuring cup, dropper or spoon for exact quantities.
- Read the instructions on the bottle before using it.
Interactions of Albutamol Drops
Interactions with other medicines
- Certain medicines can affect the way Albutamol Oral Drop works or Albutamol Oral Drop itself can alter the action of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Tell your doctor about all the medicines, supplements and herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interaction.
- Especially, if you are taking medicines for high blood pressure, heart conditions, psychiatric illness, antibiotics, anaesthetics, etc.
- This medicine should not be clubbed with cough suppressants.
Storage and disposal of Albutamol Drops
- Store Albutamol Oral Drop below 30°C in a clean and dry place.
- Keep the medicine away from children and pets.
Dosage of Albutamol Drops
Symptoms of an overdose include nausea, vomiting, stomach upset, restlessness, dizziness, increased heart rate, dizziness and drowsiness. If you experience any of the symptoms or think you have taken too much of this medicine, then contact your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital....
Missed a Dose
If you have missed a dose of this medicine, then take it as soon as you remember. If it's time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Do not take a double dose of this medicine to compensate for the missed one....
Dr. Arpit Verma
MBBS, MD (Pharmacology)
Dr. Ritu Budania
MBBS, MD (Pharmacology)
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Can I give my child Albutamol Oral Drop for a dry cough?
A: Albutamol Oral Drop is generally used for wet cough only. It helps in loosening up the mucous (phlegm), increasing airway secretions and relaxing the airways so that the mucous is released, liquefy and expelled from the airways easily through coughing. This medicine should not be used for children below 6 years of age.
Q: Can Albutamol Oral Drop be used as a painkiller also?
A: No, this medicine does not have pain-relieving actions.
Q: Is Albutamol Oral Drop addictive?
A: No, Albutamol Oral Drop is not addictive, but it is advisable not to give this medicine to anyone else without consulting a doctor.
Q: How should I take Albutamol Oral Drop?
A: Albutamol Oral Drop should be taken as directed by your doctor for the prescribed duration. If there is no improvement in your condition consult your doctor.
Expires on or After
Other Products from this Brand
The information provided herein is supplied to the best of our abilities to make it accurate and reliable as it is published after a review by a team of professionals. This information is solely intended to provide a general overview on the product and must be used for informational purposes only. You should not use the information provided herein to diagnose, prevent, or cure a health problem. Nothing contained on this page is intended to create a doctor-patient relationship, replace or be a substitute for a registered medical practitioner's medical treatment/advice or consultation. The absence of any information or warning to any medicine shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance. We highly recommend that you consult your registered medical practitioner for all queries or doubts related to your medical condition. You hereby agree that you shall not make any health or medical-related decision based in whole or in part on anything contained in the Site. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed