Akurit 3 Strip Of 10 Tablets
Akurit 3 Strip Of 10 Tablets Description
Akurit 3 Tablets are used in the treatment of tuberculosis. Tuberculosis, if not treated, can affect the kidneys, brain, spine, and bone marrow. Akurit 3 tablets are effective against treating bacter
ial infections caused by Tubercular bacilli. Another use of Akurit 3 tablets is the treatment of leprosy. Akurit 3 tablets should be taken as prescribed by the doctor. Complete the therapeutic course even if you are feeling better. If the treatment is interrupted or discontinued, the effects of the medicines will be compromised. The medicine may take some time to start working on the symptoms. Nausea, vomiting, fever, dark-coloured urine, increased sweating, and increased saliva are some of the usual side effects of Akurit 3 tablets. Drink plenty of water to cope with the adverse effects. Before using this medicine, tell the doctor about any ongoing prescriptions for health concerns. Patients with liver and kidney problems should visit a doctor before using this medication. Women who are pregnant or breastfeeding should consult a doctor before using this supplement. Taking alcohol usually does not impair the ability to drive, but it can cause sleep or dizziness.
|You Save||₹8.54 (15% on MRP)|
|Contains||Ethambutol(275.0 Mg) + Isoniazid(75.0 Mg) + Rifampicin(150.0 Mg)|
|Uses||Tuberculosis, Gram-positive bacterial infections, Leprosy|
|Side effects||Nausea, vomiting, rashes, fever, dark-coloured urine, peripheral neuropathy, jaundice, sweating, increased sputum production|
Uses of Akurit 3 Strip Of 10 Tablets
- Treatment of Tuberculosis (TB).
- Treatment of leprosy.
- Treatment in severe gram-positive bacterial infections.
Contraindications of Akurit 3 Strip Of 10 Tablets
- If you have a known allergy to Akurit 3 tablets.
- If you're on antiviral medication, taking an Akurit 3 tablet isn't a good idea. This medication may reduce the efficacy of antiviral medicines and increase viral resistance.
- If you have liver disease, Akurit 3 tablets should be used with caution. This medicine is metabolised in the liver, and it can build up in the body if the liver isn't functioning.
- If you are detected with HIV and are on HIV medications, do not use Akurit 3 tablets.
- If you have epilepsy, gout, malnutrition, porphyria, bleeding disorders, please tell your doctor before starting the Akurit 3 tablets.
- Akurit 3 tablets are contraindicated in those with diabetes, mental health problems, kidney problems and peripheral neuropathy.
Side effects of Akurit 3 Strip Of 10 Tablets
- Dark coloured urine
- Increased sputum production
Precautions and Warnings of Akurit 3 Strip Of 10 Tablets
Other General Warnings
- You have diabetes. This medication has the potential to impact your blood sugar levels and diabetes control.
- You detect any indications of an allergic response, such as a skin rash, itching/swelling (particularly of the face/tongue/throat), severe dizziness, difficulty breathing, etc., seek medical help right away....
- You experience adverse side effects, and they worsen.
- You develop vitamin B6 deficiency. Vitamin B6 supplements may be prescribed by your doctor to prevent vitamin B6 deficiency.
- You must use a reliable contraceptive technique to avoid pregnancy (such as condoms or a diaphragm), as Akurit 3 tablets may make hormonal contraceptives pill less effective.
- Akurit 3 tablets are not for paediatric use.
- Even if you feel better, finish the entire course of medication. Early termination of treatment raises the likelihood of recurrence of the infection.
Mode of Action of Akurit 3 Strip Of 10 Tablets
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Akurit 3 Strip Of 10 Tablets
- Follow the doctor's directions for this medication's dosage and duration.
- Before using, double-check the label.
- Take Akurit 3 tablets 30 minutes before or 2 hours after eating.
- Take this tablet daily at a fixed time to ensure better efficacy.
- Instead of crushing or chewing the Akurit 3 tablets pill, drink it with water.
- Foods high in tyramine, such as cheese, smoked salmon, meats, and some types of alcohol, should be avoided when using Akurit 3 Tablet.
- Depending on the severity of the infection, the dose and duration of the Akurit 3 tablets may vary.
Interactions of Akurit 3 Strip Of 10 Tablets
Interactions with other medicines
- Live cholera vaccine
- Akurit tablets, if consumed with any other medicine that contains these compounds, can cause an interaction that may lead to adverse effects for the body. Some of these adverse reactions can be fatal. In some cases, these medicines impact the action of each other and decrease their effectiveness....
Interactions with food items
- Foods high in tyramine, such as cheese, smoked salmon, meats, and some types of alcohol, should be avoided as these foods can interact with Akurit 3 Tablet.
Storage and disposal of Akurit 3 Strip Of 10 Tablets
Dosage of Akurit 3 Strip Of 10 Tablets
Missed a Dose
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Do Akurit 3 tablets affect the action of birth control pills?
Q: Is it possible for Akurit 3 Tablet to produce urine discolouration?
Q: Is it okay if I stop taking Akurit 3 Tablets if I'm feeling fine?
- Drugs.com. Rifampicin. [Accessed 09 Apr. 2019] (online) Available from:
- Ethambutol. Ontario, Canada: Patheon Inc.; 2007. [Accessed 09 Apr. 2019] (online) Available from:
- Chemotherapy of Tuberculosis, Mycobacterium Avium Complex Disease, and Leprosy. In: Hilal-Dandan R, Brunton LL. Goodman and Gilman's Manual of Pharmacology and Therapeutics. 2nd ed. New York, New York: The McGraw-Hill Companies, Inc.; 2014. [Accessed 10 Apr. 2019] (online) Available from:
- Ethambutol. Ontario, Canada: Patheon Inc.; 2007. [Accessed 10 Apr. 2019] (online) Available from: