Adxate 2.5mg Tablets
Adxate 2.5mg Tablets Description
Adxate 2.5mg Tab is used in the treatment of rheumatoid arthritis and psoriasis. It contains methotrexate as an active ingredient. You should never suggest this medicine to anyone, even if their con
dition is similar to yours. The doctor will decide the dosage and frequency of this medicine based on your clinical condition. You should take this medicine exactly as suggested by your doctor. Inform your doctor if you are pregnant, planning a pregnancy, or breastfeeding. Also inform about all the medicines and supplements you are taking and all the conditions or diseases you suffer from, before starting Adxate 2.5mg Tab .
Uses of Adxate 2.5mg Tablets
Contraindications of Adxate 2.5mg Tablets
- If you are allergic to methotrexate or any of the ingredients of Adxate 2.5mg Tab .
- If you are pregnant or breastfeeding.
- If you have any underlying medical conditions like liver or kidney disorders.
- If you have low levels of white blood cells and platelets.
- If you recently had an injection of live vaccines.
- If you have mouth ulcers or ulcers in the stomach/intestine.
- If you are an alcoholic.
Side effects of Adxate 2.5mg Tablets
- Stomach discomfort
- Mouth ulcers
- Muscle pain
Precautions and Warnings of Adxate 2.5mg Tablets
Other General Warnings
- You have any medical condition like blood disorder, kidney disorder, intestinal disorder, lung disease, a brain-related disorder.
- You have mouth ulcers.
- You have diabetes or are being treated with insulin.
Mode of Action of Adxate 2.5mg Tablets
How Does It Work?
- Adxate 2.5mg Tab stops or reduces inflammation in rheumatoid arthritis by altering the body’s defenses.
- In psoriasis, it kills the cells in the skin, which are growing too quickly. It is these fast growing cells, which cause the raised patches of skin in psoriasis.
Directions for Use of Adxate 2.5mg Tablets
- Take Adxate 2.5mg Tab as a whole with sufficient water.
- Do not chew, crush or break it.
- Always take this medicine exactly as prescribed by your doctor.
- Do not consume more than the prescribed dose.
Interactions of Adxate 2.5mg Tablets
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines can affect the way Adxate 2.5mg Tab works, or this itself can reduce the effectiveness of other medicines if taken at the same time.
- Tell your doctor about all the medicines, supplements, or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interaction.
- Particular care should be taken if you are taking medicines to treat diabetes (metformin), pain (phenylbutazone), fluid accumulation (furosemide), bacterial infection (tetracycline), fits/seizures (phenytoin), cancer (doxorubicin), gout (probenecid)....
Storage and disposal of Adxate 2.5mg Tablets
- Store Adxate 2.5mg Tab in a cool and dry place, away from direct sunlight.
- Keep out of reach of children and pets.
Dosage of Adxate 2.5mg Tablets
Missed a Dose
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What should I let my healthcare provider know before using Adxate 2.5mg Tab ?
Q: How long will it take to feel better with the intake of Adxate 2.5mg Tab ?
Q: What is the use of Adxate 2.5mg Tab ?
Q: Is Adxate 2.5mg Tab a painkiller medicine?
- Maxtrex 2.5 mg Tablets - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 11 May 2022]
- Medex tablet [Internet]. medex.com.bd. 2022 [cited 11 May 2022]
- Maxtrex 2.5 mg Tablets - Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 11 May 2022]
- CDSCO [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2022 [cited 11 May 2022]