Aditop C Gel 20gm
By DERMOCARE LABORATORIES
20g Gel in Tube
Inclusive of all taxes
Out of Stock
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Aditop C cream contains topical antibiotic clindamycin and adapalene, which are used to treat mild to moderate acne.
|You Save||₹25.20 (18% on MRP)|
|Best Offer||Use Code: 18SAVE & get 18% discount|
|Contains||Clindamycin(1.0 %),Adapalene(0.1 %)|
|Side effects||redness, dryness, burning or stinging sensation, itching, skin peeling|
Check more medicines with composition as Clindamycin(1.0 %) + Adapalene(0.1 %)
Uses of Aditop C Gel 20gm
- Topical treatment of Acne
Contraindications of Aditop C Gel 20gm
- History of lincomycin hypersensitivity
- Regional enteritis
- Ulcerative colitis, or antibiotic-associated colitis
- Pseudomembranous colitis
Side effects of Aditop C Gel 20gm
- Skin peeling
- Redness of skin
- Burning or itching sensation
- Watery or bloody stools
Precautions and Warnings of Aditop C Gel 20gm
Can I apply Aditop C gel during pregnancy?
As no well-controlled studies are conducted on pregnant women, its interaction with Aditop C gel is not clear. Therefore, it should only be used if necessary with a doctor's advice.
Can I apply Aditop C gel while breastfeeding?
There are no good studies in women to determine the harm to an infant if this medicine is used while breastfeeding. Therefore, before taking this drug during breastfeeding, weigh the potential advantages against the potential hazards and follow the doctor's advice.
Can I drive if I have applied Aditop C gel?
This medicine shows no influence on the driving ability.
Can I consume alcohol with Aditop C gel?
Yes, no interactions were noted between gel and alcohol.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You are allergic to clindamycin or adapalene
- You have had history of severe hypersensitivity reactions
- You are taking vitamins, nutritional supplements or herbal products
- You have eczema
Mode of Action of Aditop C Gel 20gm
How Does It Work?
Clindamycin is an antibiotic that has bacteriostatic properties against Gram-positive and anaerobic bacteria. It works by reducing the number of bacteria that cause acne. While adapalene being a retinoid-like compound, works by stopping pimples from forming under the skin....
Directions for Use of Aditop C Gel 20gm
- Aditop C gel is solely for external use
- After gently washing with a mild cleanser, apply Aditop C in a thin film over the entire afflicted region once a day
- If the gel does not easily rub into the skin, it has been applied too thickly
- If extreme side effects occur, application frequency should be reduced or discontinued temporarily
- Avoid over-application to get quick results
- It may take two to five weeks of medication before a therapeutic impact is seen
Interactions of Aditop C Gel 20gm
Interactions with other medicines
- Due to the possibility of interaction with the clindamycin component, Aditop C gel should not be used in combinations with erythromycin-containing medicines.
Storage and disposal of Aditop C Gel 20gm
Store at a temperature of no more than 25° C. Keep the gel out of children's reach.
Dosage of Aditop C Gel 20gm
- As Aditop C gel is meant for external application only, cases of overdose if highly unlikely
- However, upon accidental ingestion of the gel, visit the nearest hospital or contact your doctor immediately
Missed a Dose
If you forget to take a dose, apply the gel as soon as you remember. If the next dose is approaching, skip the missing dose and follow the regular application routine. Do not increase the dose to compensate for the loss of missed one....
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Can I stop using the gel if my pimples go away?
A: No, you should not stop using Aditop C without consulting with your doctor and completing the entire course of the medication.
Q: Should I follow any special dietary instructions?
- You don’t need to follow any particular diet unless advised by the doctor.
Q: How many times a day should I use Aditop C gel?
A: Depending on the acne condition, you should use it as per the dose and duration suggested by your doctor.
Q: How long does Aditop C take to work?
A: It can take 2-3 weeks to see a noticeable difference. Do not stop the medication if you don't see any difference, as it may take some time to deliver the desired results.
- Clindamycin + Benzoyl Peroxide 10mg/g + 50mg/g Gel - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 24 March 2022]. Available from: https://www.medicines.org.uk/emc/product/12604/smpc#gref
- Adapalene: MedlinePlus Drug Information [Internet]. Medlineplus.gov. 2022 [cited 24 March 2022]. Available from: https://medlineplus.gov/druginfo/meds/a604001.html
Other Products from this Brand
The information provided herein is supplied to the best of our abilities to make it accurate and reliable as it is published after a review by a team of professionals. This information is solely intended to provide a general overview on the product and must be used for informational purposes only. You should not use the information provided herein to diagnose, prevent, or cure a health problem. Nothing contained on this page is intended to create a doctor-patient relationship, replace or be a substitute for a registered medical practitioner's medical treatment/advice or consultation. The absence of any information or warning to any medicine shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance. We highly recommend that you consult your registered medical practitioner for all queries or doubts related to your medical condition. You hereby agree that you shall not make any health or medical-related decision based in whole or in part on anything contained in the Site. Please click here for detailed T&C.